Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Here's a preview of my Inspi(red) Theme
    I kinda lost focus so I'm looking for feedback and ideas.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc31; 10/21/2009 at 09:38 PM.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Nice Start Doc.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    decided to upload to prethemer I'll update so I go.
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I like the soft tone of red you chose, not 100% sure about the icons though. They look fine yeah, but not sure if they go with the theme. Maybe if you did some icons that kinda followed the (NAME) theme?

Kinda like media temple's logo:
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    I love the look of this theme! And I actually like the icons you've used as well. The cartoon icons look great with the choice of red. Makes it seem like there is a serious issue at hand, which there is, but you bring light to it with the use of upbeat / warm icons.

I installed the theme using PreWare instead of WebOS Quick Install, so I hope that when you introduce updates they will be picked up by PreWare automatically.

Keep up the great work!

Is it possible to make icons for 3rd party apps:
    Pandora
    Mileage Monitor
    Sprint Nav
    Sprint TV
    etc...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i know this is why i haven't really been using themes.. i love all these nice themes but when you have sweet icons like those you want all your icons to match!!!!
    After looking through many parts of the theme, I have a few suggestions for future updates:

It would be great to see the Messaging app have a different background to match the theme. It would be cool to have it use the same soft cream background that you currently are using for the simple pin lock screen.

A 'cartoon' like icon for all of the device icons that are permanent across all users Pre's. For example, add the simple cartoon look to 'Device Info', 'App Catalog', etc. etc.

Comments:

I like the lock screen drag to unlock 'X'.

Best background I have used to-date for the phone background. The outline of Africa is simply amazing.

Please make an icon for tweed lol. This is the only icon on my launch bar that does not have a cartoon look.

Ideas:

You could make the updates icon look like a package being delivered with updated goods... like how the Red Cross and other organizations deliver packages to areas that need assistance.

The regional settings icon could be changed to a red cartoonistic Africa or something of the sort.

Doc View could be changed to look like a stack of papers with a drip of red ink on them or a red cross or something.

Help icon could be a cartoon ambulance... and not a chessy one lol.

Sounds & Ringtones could be a megaphone projecting how people are supporting the cause by speaking out about it.

THANK YOU for this great theme!
    Last edited by kingcoop; 10/22/2009 at 11:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
    i know this is why i haven't really been using themes.. i love all these nice themes but when you have sweet icons like those you want all your icons to match!!!!
    Fully agree... just don't know if it's possible for theme designers to make an icon for each app available lol. But maybe they can at least do it for the permanent apps and a few of the top apps (ie. tweed, pandora).

I guess another problem with saying permanent apps is that each carrier will have different permanent apps. But at least seeing that Sprint was the first carrier, perhaps we can get some cartoon icons for Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, Sprint, NFL, and NASCAR apps.

Before this theme I was using 'Smooth and Simple' and it had just a few more of the icons matching the theme, but still lacked quite a bit.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    All thanks for the input. I have to agree with outsider I think i kinda lost focus between the wallpapers and icons but I like both so much lol

@kingcoop @pixelwix
    bad put is that is icon set doesn't have many icon that translate well on the pre. So some icons I edit to put. I'm think of making the pref icons folders with the icon inside i'm not sure.

2nd part is that its harder match other apps because you need the app ID which is sometimes different then the name.

Kingcoop. I do have a tweed icon however I don't know the location i'm working on it.
    if you like the 'Smooth and Simple' theme try my sticker theme if you haven't already its more complete.
    My Themes - Prethemer
    just tried to download and install and for some reason

ERROR 4:

null

keeps showing up...

also ran webosdoctor and tried install again, no luck..
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure the null error is my fault however its stop effect the installing or removing the theme. The error is because I have "code" write in the xml but don't actually have the files there for it.
    My Themes - Prethemer
    so there is nothing i can do to get the icons working?
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprela View Post
    so there is nothing i can do to get the icons working?
    What do you mean you never said what the problem was besides the error null no of the icons are loading?
    My Themes - Prethemer
    yea none of the icons were loading. i just got the background..
    Just as I got bored of Sticker i see this one. Great theme, love the icons! Keep up the good job.
    LIETUVA