Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ok, i really like one theme i am using from preware, but there are a few parts of the theme that i cannot stand. if someone could help me change some stuff i dont like, that would be greatly appreciated. ps. i would have pmed the creator on prethemer but i cant get there pms to work for some reason.

i am using the radiohead bear theme.
    1. i dont like the new icons for camera, google maps or clock and would like the original themes back.
    2. i also do not like the background image for the phone dialer.
    3.i also do not like now the text on the top of the phone is red, i preferred the white writing.

thanks
    Do you know how to change things one by one using webos QI? If so download some other themes with icons you like. Then manualy replace the stuff. You can change the dial pad back ground also using webos QI.

this is what I have recently done also. I took the ''original blue" theme and changed soame stuff. I love it the way I have it, so I recently asked for help getting it to preware so I have eazy access in the future.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    not really sure about changing stuff in QI, although i did change the background image for the phone before i started using this theme. i am sure i can figure it out if there are instructions somewhere.

also, when i download the zip file, and got to usr/palm/applications, only some of the new icons have folders (figures there the ones i want to keep), i cant find the ones i want to change.
    Here is a link to the basic instructions and file locations.....

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...sizes-etc.html

The other instruction are as follows:

Hook the phone to the comp, select just charge, open webos QI, cick tools, click send file, a box will pop up, in this box enter the file location,

ex. /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/

select the other box and navigate to the file you want to replace the "phone" icon with in this case. Click send file. reboot and your done.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSuby View Post
    not really sure about changing stuff in QI, although i did change the background image for the phone before i started using this theme. i am sure i can figure it out if there are instructions somewhere.
    You can change the dial pad back ground either by sending it thru webos QI "send file" option or just click tweaks and then goto styling mods.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    thanks, i will try when i get home from work.

where can i download or find original icons to replace the ones i dont like?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSuby View Post
    thanks, i will try when i get home from work.

where can i download or find original icons to replace the ones i dont like?
    all I know of is disect other themes or serch google. I have seen other post talking abot where to find icons.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    if you need help with a theme email me at pardoe@live.com
    i'll show you how to replace specific icons
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i actually was able to email the theme creator and she will hopefully be modding the theme to my liking. if that falls thru, i will defiantly email you. thanks.
    My Pre is theme-confued. Not so conserned about getting back to the original but I need it operable. When my phone is locked and a call comes in, the caller ID flashes but then an image appears with the "Drag Up to Unlock" message that blocks the caller ID. Anyone know what file that is?

Help!!!