1.    #1  
    Can someone with theme experance help me turn a zip file of stuff into a theme. I have tryed the theme builder and it always says the xml file is wrong.

like I said I have all the stuff in a zip file I can email it to you. I look at it this way I can go at it blind and try to re-invent the wheel, spend all day or someone can lend a hand at something they have experance at and it will probably be done in no time.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    you're gonna need an xml file that tells the destination of each file in your zip, how familiar are you with the locations of files on the pre?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    essentially in order to theme you're replacing individual image files already on the phone, with ones that you create. Each of the files on the phone has a location (ex: /usr/var/sysmgr/image.png) So what you have to do is create an image file and then replace the already existing image file on the pre. You can do this in WebOS quickinstall one file at a time using the send file feature, or you can zip the files into a zip archive with an xml file that tells each image you have in the zip where it needs to go on the pre. So you have to know the location of each file you're putting on the pre. So if you want to replace say the phone icon, you have to know the name of the phone icon (which happens to be icon.png) and also the location of the file (/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.apps.phone/ i think not sure offhand) and you would need to put in the xml file that (for example) "/zipfolder/phone/icon.png" (the one you created) needs to go into "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.apps.phone/" (the directory where the file is on the pre) I recommend downloading the zip of the Original Blue Theme and examining the xml file for an idea of how the structure works. It can be tedious but it works well for me.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcross22 View Post
    essentially in order to theme you're replacing individual image files already on the phone, with ones that you create. Each of the files on the phone has a location (ex: /usr/var/sysmgr/image.png) So what you have to do is create an image file and then replace the already existing image file on the pre. You can do this in WebOS quickinstall one file at a time using the send file feature, or you can zip the files into a zip archive with an xml file that tells each image you have in the zip where it needs to go on the pre. So you have to know the location of each file you're putting on the pre. So if you want to replace say the phone icon, you have to know the name of the phone icon (which happens to be icon.png) and also the location of the file (/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.apps.phone/ i think not sure offhand) and you would need to put in the xml file that (for example) "/zipfolder/phone/icon.png" (the one you created) needs to go into "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.apps.phone/" (the directory where the file is on the pre) I recommend downloading the zip of the Original Blue Theme and examining the xml file for an idea of how the structure works. It can be tedious but it works well for me.
    I have already done this... I know all of the address of the things I want changed. I have changed every thing through wobosQI, I took the original blue theme and disected it, changed the things I wanted changed. I have also tried to use theme builder to put it all togeather, but like I said it always says I have no xml file .

I thought theme builder made the xml file for you and zipped it all up.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    if you want you can send me your theme and i'll make it for you
    email me it at Pardoe@live.com
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I have already done this... I know all of the address of the things I want changed. I have changed every thing through wobosQI, I took the original blue theme and disected it, changed the things I wanted changed. I have also tried to use theme builder to put it all togeather, but like I said it always says I have no xml file .

I thought theme builder made the xml file for you and zipped it all up.
    ahh i gotcha, I've always just made my own xml files I haven't used the Theme Builder program yet
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    if you want you can send me your theme and i'll make it for you
    email me it at
    The file is sent. Thanks in advance! I included some notes about the changes I made , hope they help