1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I know this should probably go into the homebrew section, but seeing as though I can't post there, I'll have to get some support here. I installed the "Family Guy" theme a day ago, and when I try to remove the theme to revert back to my old one, the theme stays on. It's like it merged into the default theme. So now, the only way to keep the default theme, is to keep a package on my phone at all times. I do not like having to do this; is there a way to fix this without resetting my phone?

~Adam
    are the icons back to the original, or is it only the background? Sometimes when I install themes and remove them, it stays on the wallpaper for the hacked theme. Just check your wallpapers, it may not be the hacked theme and only a wallpaper. Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    The theme is still here, when I remove it the background changes to the default one, and then the icons are still there.
    Did you restart the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manifest View Post
    Hi all,

I know this should probably go into the homebrew section, but seeing as though I can't post there, I'll have to get some support here. I installed the "Family Guy" theme a day ago, and when I try to remove the theme to revert back to my old one, the theme stays on. It's like it merged into the default theme. So now, the only way to keep the default theme, is to keep a package on my phone at all times. I do not like having to do this; is there a way to fix this without resetting my phone?

~Adam
    How did you install the theme, i.e. Preware or WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI)? Try the following and see it it helps:

- Place phone in development mode (I'm assuming you know how to do this)
    - Connect your phone to WOSQI and select "Charge Only"
    - Go to the following link and download the default theme http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...-themes-2.html
    - Load the downloaded ipk file into your WOSQI and run it
    - Give it time to do its thing

This should restore your Pre to the default/original theme. Make sure you install themes from Preware and only install one at a time, i.e. delete current theme first and then add the new one. You may also need to download the Luna Manager application so that you can perform a reset after deleting a theme or installing a new one.

Hope this helps.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
  6.    #6  
    @cdadams: I installed it via Preware, and I already have the default theme (the .ipk) on my phone. I wanted to know if there was a way the phone could restore it back to its original theme with OUT me having to keep the .ipk on there. And I did do one theme at a time.

@laelipoo: I'm new to this, but I'm not stupid...
    uninstall the ipk file and run webos recovery utility
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    @Shadavis08: Where can I find that utility? And will it remove any data I have on my phone?