1.    #1  
    How do I run this?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am getting an error when trying to install minimap, the suggestion in the IPKG log is that perhaps I might need to do an IPKG update. As BonnaB47 before me, I also need to know how to do this, I don't see anything about this anywhere.

Please locate this thread in the proper place if wrong, I am simply adding a note to the existing thread.

Thanks!
    Select the "Update Feeds" item from the Preware menu.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am getting the same message, this is my first time with homebrew/patches etc. Even after several feed updates, and closing/opening preware. I have tried this on many apps, only successful install was 'Luna Manager', I have since added a few patches (battery icon+%, character counter and virtual keyboard), but no 'Apps' have installed after Luna.

Log Message says:
    Begin installation of com.caldantech.rollerball
    Installing com.caldantech.rollerball(1.1.8) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._1.1.8_all.ipk
    An error ocurred, return value 22.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Comman failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-XuQxwX http://ipkg.preware.org/feds/precent..._1.1.8_all.ipk'
    Failed to download com.caldantech.rollerball. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    wget:content-lenght 416 is garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    I am getting the same message, this is my first time with homebrew/patches etc. Even after several feed updates, and closing/opening preware. I have tried this on many apps, only successful install was 'Luna Manager', I have since added a few patches (battery icon+%, character counter and virtual keyboard), but no 'Apps' have installed after Luna.

Log Message says:
    Begin installation of com.caldantech.rollerball
    Installing com.caldantech.rollerball(1.1.8) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._1.1.8_all.ipk
    An error ocurred, return value 22.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Comman failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-XuQxwX http://ipkg.preware.org/feds/precent..._1.1.8_all.ipk'
    Failed to download com.caldantech.rollerball. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    wget:content-lenght 416 is garbage
    For some reason, wget is failing for some users on GSM. Try via wifi instead.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    My issue was solved when I noticed I was running an old Preware version (1 version or so back) and then upgraded Preware. From then on, no issues. Maybe this will help someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    ..I have tried this on many apps, only successful install was 'Luna Manager'...
    For those not sure how to do a quick Luna Restart or what Luna Manger is, there is now an official Luna Manager Thread.

Thanks, Oil!

- Craig
    i am having a problem using webos install since the new update. it say to run ipk update. where can i find this.
    Quote Originally Posted by icecolled View Post
    i am having a problem using webos install since the new update. it say to run ipk update. where can i find this.
    Look above at Rwitby's posts
    i loooked at his post i cant find the uppdate
    I am getting this error when trying to install "WiFi File Sharing" App.

Updating the Preware Feeds doesn't fix it. Is there a way to force an ipkg update?