Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Calling somebody's work tacky OR childish is not belittling in my opinion.

Perhaps I was going for tacky, in which case it's a compliment. And I certainly hope I can hold on to some element of childishness as I age.

Whether or not such adjectives are belittling is completely dependent upon the perspective of the listener, and as such should not be blamed on the speaker unless spoken with the INTENT of upsetting the listener.

Just my take,
    xtn
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Personally I find hijacking threads with a horribly pompous opinion atrociously tacky. Perhaps if I was still in Highschool or maybe University but once you grow up the novelty is gone.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Oh Snap! I thought given the theme of the theme you would be female. I just figured the avatar was your scantly clothed husband or something. Straight minds tend to be narrower by default, I apologize :-)

The tackness has nothing to do with the theme being male, female or otherwise. My aversion is to the sexual nature of it. The female themes are particularly unrespectful to women. I don't need my phone propagating that kind of thing. I suppose I look at it from a differant angle than madolen and others perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Hold the phone now. This photo to the left here is me. So, your reference to telling her is incorrect. :-) If you have any suggestions how to make this theme 'not tacky' please let me know. And please know I used restraint in keeping this theme rated PG. Imagine all the body parts I could have used everywhere! lol
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Oh Snap! I thought given the theme of the theme you would be female. I just figured the avatar was your scantly clothed husband or something. Straight minds tend to be narrower by default, I apologize :-)

The tackness has nothing to do with the theme being male, female or otherwise. My aversion is to the sexual nature of it. The female themes are particularly unrespectful to women. I don't need my phone propagating that kind of thing. I suppose I look at it from a differant angle than madolen and others perhaps.
    HA, I knew what you were thinking. Hope I didn't blow your mind. I did have shorts on in the photo! lol

It's all cool with me. I really took no offense to your post. Differences in oppinion are just that, differences. I feel any football theme not showcasing LSU is tacky, but I choose to keep that comment to myself and won't be putting those themes on my phone. :-)
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    you want your wife looking at another mans body?
    I'm a bodybuilder myself. So it really wouldn't bother me. I think even if I wasn't it wouldn't matter. Not like I'd get jollies off a girl theme.
    Man or woman, as long as they are good looking. Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12