1.    #1  
    LDS Church Theme 1.1.0

Theme is finally in working order. Icons and backgrounds now work as they should. This is a work in progress, but for now, it is good.

Let me know if you have anything to add.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pogeypre; 10/14/2009 at 05:56 PM.
    Some tips:

--Try to have your icons be actual icons that are representative of the app they... well... represent
    --Try to avoid resizing pictures into squared icons, it can come across as cheesy.
    --With a theme, a good idea usually is to pick a constant and go with it. So for example, you could have made your icons collection trays, crosses, stained glass windows etc, with something on each to kind of point out the app it represented.

The wallpaper and photos backgrounds are good choices though. They flow very nicely (though one is brighter than the other so it kind of takes it from melancholy church to Hawaiian vacation church )
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the input. I was working on removing the background from my icons, but it's not as easy as it looks. What have you used to create icons?
    Pogey,

I'm LDS also & willing to help. Let me know via PM if you need any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Thanks for the input. I was working on removing the background from my icons, but it's not as easy as it looks. What have you used to create icons?
    I use photoshop, but the tool isn't as important as the actual technique. If you're not good at slicing out backgrounds (also called making renders) use images that are already pre-cut with transparency, OR use an effect to make the borders rounded so they flow more. Lots of things you can do
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    I use Gimp 2.6(its available as freeware). The magic color tool makes it super easy. It highlights the differant colors so you can delete them without touching the colors you want. If you add a layer and then erase the backgrounds it will come off as transparent. That way you dont need to fill in the entire square...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  7.    #7  
    1.1.0 is finished and should be available today on PreCentral and Preware.
    Nice work! I am loving this phone more & more everyday!
  9.    #9  
    It's up.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    So the phone icon becomes a prayer icon - can I now use this to communicate with god or do I still have to do it the old fashioned way?

(p.s. I'm in Salt Lake City so I think it would be a local call, right?)
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    What's that weird line to the left of your signal strength in all your screenshots?
    Pogey, who are the gentlemen in your theme? I like the way your theme has started. It looks like it will be great as a theme. I would probably download it minus the guys??
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    So the phone icon becomes a prayer icon - can I now use this to communicate with god or do I still have to do it the old fashioned way?

(p.s. I'm in Salt Lake City so I think it would be a local call, right?)
    lol... dial *HEAVEN....
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    What's that weird line to the left of your signal strength in all your screenshots?
    Supposed to be the Angel Moroni... Didn't work so well. I am in the market for a better EVDO signal icon.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovely_olemiss View Post
    Pogey, who are the gentlemen in your theme? I like the way your theme has started. It looks like it will be great as a theme. I would probably download it minus the guys??
    It's a theme for LDS church members. Those three are in the presiding body of the church. I could make a change on it, but it would take away from the theme.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 10/15/2009 at 08:51 PM.
    Pogey...this is great. I really appreciate all your effort. I'll give you more feedback after a couple of days.
    Thank you for the reply Pogey.. Made me google LDS..lol..I know a lil something about LDS..but I guess I didn't put the abbreviations together when I first saw your theme..It looks nice..have u updated anything else to it??