Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Ok so I have noticed a lot of threads going on with people stating their themes are getting stuck on the phone. I think this thread may be helpful to see if people are making mistakes when installing themes or if its certain themes that seem to be getting stuck.

    I installed the red black blackberry theme ( maintainer Vara411 ) using preware and was able to take it off successfully without any leftover icons or anything... This is my process I used. if you would all be so kind to describe the method used ex: preware or webosqi, and the theme installed. Please let us know if it was removed successfully or not..

    -Restarted phone before installing theme
    -Installed Blackberry theme using preware
    -Before removing theme I restarted my phone
    -Removed theme using preware ( Installed packages-Theme- Uninstall blackberry theme )
    -100% Successfull

    I will keep u posted as I keep testing new themes.. Others plese keep us posted as well.
    Last edited by youngzayiles; 10/09/2009 at 01:16 PM.
  2. rmackay's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #2  
    I think the key is to always RESTART your phone BEFORE installing or removing a theme. I have a hunch that the issues revolve around patches/tweaks applied but no restart afterwards - leaving the pending patches/tweaks to cause problems when installing / uninstalling a theme. Just my 2 cents...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    I think the key is to always RESTART your phone BEFORE installing or removing a theme. I have a hunch that the issues revolve around patches/tweaks applied but no restart afterwards - leaving the pending patches/tweaks to cause problems when installing / uninstalling a theme. Just my 2 cents...
    I think that may be the case as well... Thats why I want as many people to chime in as possible so we can maybe narrow down the causes.. These "Theme stuck on my phone" threads are coming up all over the place... I just installed another theme and followed the same process and my phone once again removed everything cleanly..

    Installed and removed Jordan Theme ( Maintainer OneDeep ) using the same process as above. 100% successfull.
  4. #4  
    I havent tried to change my theme recently since updates occurred. BUT I install the "Windows 7" theme using PREWARE and after uninstall the top bar (where sprint and clock are) was still left over. The rest of the theme went away. This is the only problem I have had. I DID NOT restart before installation though. Will have to try that.

    BUT here is another interesting point.
    WHAT about patches? if you dont remove the battery % patch will it mess it up eventhough its not part of the theme?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I havent tried to change my theme recently since updates occurred. BUT I install the "Windows 7" theme using PREWARE and after uninstall the top bar (where sprint and clock are) was still left over. The rest of the theme went away. This is the only problem I have had. I DID NOT restart before installation though. Will have to try that.

    BUT here is another interesting point.
    WHAT about patches? if you dont remove the battery % patch will it mess it up eventhough its not part of the theme?
    Good question! I forgot to mention, my phone had no patches while changing the theme.

    I may have a answer fro your question... Check this out!! http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...77#post1964377
    Last edited by youngzayiles; 10/09/2009 at 04:34 PM.
  6. vara411's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #6  
    Hey! Glad to see you installed my theme. ... But then uninstalled... Hahaha...

    I've been able to add/remove some themes whether my tweaks/patches are activated or not... so I'm not sure that's the problem. A reboot is of course my biggest recommendation. But here's another stab at the problem:

    I'm thinking that themes prepared using Prethemer.com are much more stable and easier to remove than the ones using WebOS Theme Builder. For that reason I've steered clear of precentral's themes.

    P.S. Why doesn't precentral join up with prethemer? Why the overlap? Prethemer has got TONS of quality themes...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    Hey! Glad to see you installed my theme. ... But then uninstalled... Hahaha...

    I've been able to add/remove some themes whether my tweaks/patches are activated or not... so I'm not sure that's the problem. A reboot is of course my biggest recommendation. But here's another stab at the problem:

    I'm thinking that themes prepared using Prethemer.com are much more stable and easier to remove than the ones using WebOS Theme Builder. For that reason I've steered clear of precentral's themes.

    P.S. Why doesn't precentral join up with prethemer? Why the overlap? Prethemer has got TONS of quality themes...
    Vara your theme is the best Ive used so far and im not just saying that cuz u posted lol see the proof http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post1964375 Haaaa so i'll be reinstalling shortly..

    I like prethemer as well.... Very good themes there... I wanna know why they dont join up too... I need to do some more reading on the webos theme builder...
  8. #8  
    Im having the same problem. I installed the michigan wolverines theme through preware. I removed it but some of it is still on my phone and even when i put new themes on it, those michigan parts wont go away. And also the numbers on my phone dailer when i try to dial a number are gone. I know i didnt reboot everytime. I did erase everything though, all patchs and apps i installed.(just got the phone so it wasnt that much) i did a partial erase and still parts of the michigan theme are still there even though in preware it says i have no themes installed
  9. #9  
    same here with Zelda. It was gone completely until I used the EPR. Some files were touched by and only real way as far as I know is to wait for the repair utility that's not out yet...wish it was, sick of yellow and I'm sick of Dr.ing. Its been long enough...where is it anyways if you should find a fix before then and know how to fix a bunch of icons, carrier string and time...I'd love you forever!
  10. #10  
    The Problem as I see it is some themers modify the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $or$ .$css$ $files$ $and$ $so$ $do$ $the$ $patchers$ $you$ $have$ $to$ $be$ $careful$ $when$ $installing$ $a$ $theme$ $that$ $has$ $a$ .$js$ $or$ .$css$ $as$ $this$ $will$ $cause$ $all$ $sorts$ $of$ $issues$.

    I notice the OP didnt have any patches installed while theming.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  11. Daescobar's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #11  
    ok so i didnt read these post until it was too late. i installed the abstract black through preware and now i cant remove it. preware does not show that it was even installed. however the theme is fully functional on my phone. Any ideas?
  12. #12  
    If you do not have the ability to make and install your own theme, then go to prethemer.com and chose the .zip option and download.

    Extract the theme and delete any file that is not a .png or .jpg or.xml. All others need to be deleted. now compress back to a .zip and install via WOSQI.

    Do not worry about editing the .xml as it will just skip over any missing or deleted files.
    Let me repeat DO NOT MODIFY THE .XML

    Start WOSQI
    plug in your Pre
    choose just charge
    go to tools
    click themer
    click load theme
    point to the .zip you just created

    This has worked for me many times and I have never had remnants.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  13. judoka209's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ril View Post
    So I just updated to Preware v0.9.4 and took off Original Blue Theme AFTER running EPR (I forgot which had to be done first, ). Anyway, I tried to reload the theme and it was taking forever so I closed the card. Apparently that loaded some parts of it but not all of it. I tried to delete through Preware but the 'Themes' category was gone, as if I had no theme. So then I figured its not on there so I'll install a new Original Blue Theme. I kept getting an error message of and IPKG Error and the log said something along the lines of I'm trying to load a file I already have....which I could not find anywhere. Finally I get into Quick Install and realize I can click on Delete File/Directory and just type in the file it said I already had from the log, delete it, and then get the theme back on my phone correctly. I haven't read a similar situation and fix so I thought I'd share. Sorry if it was already mentioned.
    This is basically where I'm stuck. I foolishly ran EPR while I had a theme installed and now I can't get any theme to load properly without having remnants of the old theme.

Posting Permissions