Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    I have installed and removed themes using preware. I have installed the Sticker Theme and it works great on the phone. However, it does not show up under "installed themes" in preware. I've restarted the pre several times and it still doesn't show up. How can i remove this theme?!? It also won't let me download any other new themes because it states that i already have a theme installed. I'm stuck and would appreciate some help. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    You may have to revert to webosdoctor and restore all to factory. The same thing happened to my pre but installed using WOQI. I just cant remove certain Icons. The main screen is factory but thats about it. I havent doctored it yet because I dont want to lose all my music and all. The glowing blue launch icons dont bother me since blue is my favorite color
  3. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #3  
    I have the same issue with a theme. Preware doesn't show the theme installed. I really dont wanna run WebOS doctor.
    Wonder if WebOS Repair utility will work?
  4. #4  
    I"m having this exact same problem, but I definitely don't want to go back to factory settings.
  5. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattysizeit View Post
    I"m having this exact same problem, but I definitely don't want to go back to factory settings.
    I think the rule of thumb is you'll need to uninstill using the same method of install.

    However I haven't had this problem. If you have QuickInstall try the revert to default under themeing.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  6. #6  
    Hello,
    I tried to install the Neon theme - it didn't work. However, when I put my Pre into "developer mode" to install... how do I get it out of developer mode...does it always stay in developer mode or does it automatically come out of that mode if the install is unseccessful? I'm not a computer person, so this may be a simple answer. Thanks for your help. I really wish I could get that Neon theme though - it looks really awesome.
  7. #7  
    to get out of developer mode, do the same steps again, upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart, and you will see a slider at the top, slide it left and it will say off, then it will restart.
  8. #8  
    Im having the same problem, I downloaded the Neon theme, and got it uninstalled through WebOS, but I cant get rid of the the blue text where my tiem is up at the top. i don't know what else to do. If someone can help pleaes let me know, i don't know what else to do.
  9. #9  
    What do you mean you installed it through WebOS...the quick installer?
    Army ACU Theme - Download Version 0.0.9
    24 Theme - Download Version 0.2.2
    Orangish Theme - Download Version 0.3.0
    Chelsea F.C. Theme - Download Version 0.0.5

    Much of the work on themes and the posts on how to's take time. Feel free to donate if you feel so inclined.

  10. Toniolli's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #10  
    so...for the 2nd time in 4 days I load a theme...and when I go to remove iy the theme has been removed from preware. Do I seriously have to do yet another repair? Is this the only way to remove it...since its not listed in my installed themes anymore?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toniolli View Post
    so...for the 2nd time in 4 days I load a theme...and when I go to remove iy the theme has been removed from preware. Do I seriously have to do yet another repair? Is this the only way to remove it...since its not listed in my installed themes anymore?
    How did you load the theme? through preware or quick installer? did you do anything since time of install and the theme not being seen in preware for removal? did you try opening the webOS quick installer themer and seeing if this detects a theme being installed?
    Army ACU Theme - Download Version 0.0.9
    24 Theme - Download Version 0.2.2
    Orangish Theme - Download Version 0.3.0
    Chelsea F.C. Theme - Download Version 0.0.5

    Much of the work on themes and the posts on how to's take time. Feel free to donate if you feel so inclined.

  12. #12  
    here just follow these instructions

    i think starting with number 3 is your best bet. but number one may help also
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...14#post1994414
  13. Toniolli's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #13  
    I loaded it thru preware...but the theme is no longer in preware and it is not detected in my installed items. I had this problem the other day also with the black theme and had to do the repair utility...so I guess I shall be doing that....AGAIN
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toniolli View Post
    I loaded it thru preware...but the theme is no longer in preware and it is not detected in my installed items. I had this problem the other day also with the black theme and had to do the repair utility...so I guess I shall be doing that....AGAIN
    Try opening the webOS quick installer themer. See if that registers your phone as having a theme installed.
    Army ACU Theme - Download Version 0.0.9
    24 Theme - Download Version 0.2.2
    Orangish Theme - Download Version 0.3.0
    Chelsea F.C. Theme - Download Version 0.0.5

    Much of the work on themes and the posts on how to's take time. Feel free to donate if you feel so inclined.

  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkster213 View Post
    Try opening the webOS quick installer themer. See if that registers your phone as having a theme installed.
    I had this same problem with not being able to remove the theme. But once i used webOS quick install THEMER, I restarted my phone and most of the problem was solved. I can now download new themes, but the very top bar is still the color from my old theme but i can live with that. And my videos,memos,clock, and google maps icons are still the same, but once again, i can live with that =)
  16. Saundra23's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I have the same issue with a theme. Preware doesn't show the theme installed. I really dont wanna run WebOS doctor.
    Wonder if WebOS Repair utility will work?
    Repair utility DOEs indeed work .. it did for me ... just make sure you have the "Override Compatability" checked . in the Options tab. :O)
    Pre user since summer '09...on my fourth phone.
  17. #17  
    try installing the theme again and then it will come up to be removed
  18. #18  
    I just had some luck uninstalling a theme where I thought I was screwed. It was the Black with Texture theme. I installed it with WEBOSQI, and then wanted to get rid of it a few days later. It did not show up on WEBOSQI to uninstall, and it did not show up on Preware either.

    So what I did was I reinstalled the same theme using Preware, and then removed it with Preware right after it installed. I had no problems and I'm back to my original theme.

    See, this is the reason I don't want to mess with themes, and am perfectly satisfied with just the patches and tweaks deal.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  19. #19  
    I'm trying to revert back to the default theme but keep getting the error: mv: cannot rename '/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml': No such file or directory.

    It says that I am currently running the default theme in the themer window even after installing a different custom theme.

    I installed my current theme through WOQI.
    Last edited by stir fry a lot; 01/25/2010 at 11:53 AM.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    I'm trying to revert back to the default theme but keep getting the error: mv: cannot rename '/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml': No such file or directory.

    It says that I am currently running the default theme in the themer window even after installing a different custom theme.

    I installed my current theme through WOQI.
    Try using Preware to install the same theme you had and then uninstall it. If you cant remember what theme it was, just install any one with Preware only, and then immediately remove it. This worked for me. I can't trust WEBOSQI for themes. Preware seems to be the best.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions