1.    #1  
    So I installed the flash of red and black theme (nice looking theme) but now it won't uninstall completely. Preware doesn't have the theme so that is not an option. I used WOSQI and that did nothing. It says the theme is removed when I do that but everything is still their. I then re-installed the same theme then tried to uninstall it. Nothing again. I have done soft reset's after each attempt....nothing. I DID however try to overwrite it with the original blue theme. Which I know is a no-no. Didn't seem like I had anything to lose anyway which is why I did it. So my question is what is the next option? Will partial reset fix it...full reset or will I have to get the doctor?

You can see the results of flash of red and black + Original Blue theme .........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    try using the default .ipk file found in the help tab on prethemer.com
  3. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Flash of Red and Black shows up in PreWare for me.

If you had it installed, it no longer shows up in the theme's list. Once you have it it shows up in the "Installed Packages" list.

xtn
    I wonder if the reason people are having issues with multiple themes is because they're installing via preware, then "reverting" with WOQI and then installing a new theme.

Guys ALWAYS uninstall the SAME WAY you installed. Go into Preware. Tap "Installed Packages". Tap "Theme". Tap your theme, then tap REMOVE.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post

Guys ALWAYS uninstall the SAME WAY you installed.
    that need to be added at the top of the forums and in preware
  6.    #6  
    Yeah I never saw flash of red and black in Preware so I installed it with WOSQI and tried to uninstall it the same way. So I don't think that was the problem. When I re-installed it and then uninstalled it again I first checked to make sure it didn't come up in preware or something...nope.

In either case nothing but doctoring my phone worked. Now my phone is back to it's previous tweaked (and seemingly speedier to) glory. Jason's Repair Utility sounded like it would be perfect but sadly it is not compatible with 1.2.1. Just an FYI for people who are in the same spot as me and have 1.2.1.
    Did you get an error in Preware when installing the theme. This same thing happened to me only it gave me an error when trying to install a theme. It wasn't listed in the installed list on Preware and I couldn't uninstall it or install a different theme. What I did was uninstall Preware, reinstall Preware, then install a different theme which worked, then uninstall that theme to go back to the factory theme. That was the only way, short of doing the doctor route...
    i downloaded everything properly and everything is ok. but when i go to choose a theme (i.e the iphone icon one) it wont let me download saying error
    http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/prewa..._1.1.7_all.ipk.

? any help?

and im using a mac btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    So I installed the flash of red and black theme (nice looking theme) but now it won't uninstall completely. Preware doesn't have the theme so that is not an option. I used WOSQI and that did nothing. It says the theme is removed when I do that but everything is still their. I then re-installed the same theme then tried to uninstall it. Nothing again. I have done soft reset's after each attempt....nothing. I DID however try to overwrite it with the original blue theme. Which I know is a no-no. Didn't seem like I had anything to lose anyway which is why I did it. So my question is what is the next option? Will partial reset fix it...full reset or will I have to get the doctor?

You can see the results of flash of red and black + Original Blue theme .........
    this is what youre going to do, you need to get the "theme.xml" from the theme's ipk or zip which ever u used, then using quickinstall(or internalz if you have it) youre going to transfer this file to this directory on your phone"

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/

then you need to restart the phone and once its on again you can try to uninstall using quickinstall or preware if it shows up...i had the same problem before and im guessing that somehow this file got deleted and the rest was left or got corrupted and the theme didnt uninstall correctly but idk this helped so give it a try n lemme know how it goes