Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1.    #21  
    Did you try reinstalling the defaut theme from Madolen's post?

    http://bit.ly/1eSISH

    It could be that the original icons are not there to overwrite the fish tank theme icons.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    It could be that the original icons are not there to overwrite the fish tank theme icons.
    That's what I'm thinking. I think when you do a "revert" with WOQI it kinda screws that whole process up.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

    My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
  3. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrian View Post
    Ok, I reinstalled fish tank to my phone through preware and uninstalled but the icons don't go away!!!
    Probably because when you installed it, it backed up the default images it replaced... which were, unfortunately, your stuck fish images. So then when you uninstalled it, the original back-ups - which were your stuck fishies - got restored.

    You might need to uninstall any themes, run Jason's webOS repair utility with compatibility turned off to get your images straightened out first, and THEN start fresh with a PreWare theme install.

    xtn
  4. #24  
    mines was da same way...my video screen was stuck on marvel zombies, my lock screen was stuck on family guy and the bottom where quick launch icons still had the dripped blood from marvel zombies but after the 1.2.1 update all of marvel zombie content was gone but the family guy lock screen is still as default..only way I know to replace it is to install new theme wit a lock screen image n it will over ride the family guy one
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    mines was da same way...my video screen was stuck on marvel zombies, my lock screen was stuck on family guy and the bottom where quick launch icons still had the dripped blood from marvel zombies but after the 1.2.1 update all of marvel zombie content was gone but the family guy lock screen is still as default..only way I know to replace it is to install new theme wit a lock screen image n it will over ride the family guy one
    You can also install the default theme over whatever remnants of theme you have.
  6. noaxis2's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #26  
    I've been using QuickInstall to do themes. I noticed recently that Preware does not show that I have a theme installed so I can't uninstall it.

    Do I need to use the same software to install and uninstall each time?



    Being me has its advantages.

    -- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  7. #27  
    after i install the patches can i put my theme back on?
  8. #28  
    I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! I hope I am at the right place to get help. I have been installing themes and removing them for about two weeks now via Preware, and it has worked beautifully. However, yesterday I encountered a problem. I removed the Nature Postcards themes, and then proceeded to install the Windows 7 theme. It was loading, but it was taking too long so thinking that it was stuck, I swiped back (gesture area), and it took me back to the Themes list. Then suddenly I got the "script needs to run" message, so I hit yes. My Pre did not restart however, and then I realized the part of the Windows 7 theme had been installed. I decided to restart the phone, and then the rest of the Theme installed. However, here is the problem, when I go back into the Windows 7 theme, I do not get the option to "Remove" the theme, I only have the option to "Install". So I tried to "Install" the theme, again, but I get a message telling me that I already have a theme installed, and that I must first uninstall the theme I have before installing a new one. But, I can't uninstall the theme because I don't get the option to "Uninstall"!!! Please help me! Am I going to have to use the Webos Doctor just to fix this problem? The Windows 7 theme looks awesome, but I want to have the option to change themes. Also, I don't anything about coding or hacking, and am completely dependent upon following the directions and instructions that I have found here on Precentral. I have never used Webos Doctor before. Will it erase everything including my contacts information? Someone please help me?!?!

    Thank you in advance.
  9. #29  
    I have been having this same issue. I go to the University of Florida and I am a huge gator fan. A friend of mine thought it would be funny to intal the oklahoma sooner theme onto my phone. I have done everything to get rid of the theme. i even reset the entire phone erasing all my contacts pictures, music, apps, everything. And the Oklahoma sooners still show up. Someone please help me.
  10. NxTech3's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Did you try reinstalling the defaut theme from Madolen's post?

    http://bit.ly/1eSISH

    It could be that the original icons are not there to overwrite the fish tank theme icons.
    Here.
  11. Ilmater's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #31  
    I'll ask the next logical question: Can I update a theme without uninstalling it first? I will gladly restart Luna twice just for an install, just to make sure that nothing messes up.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilmater View Post
    I'll ask the next logical question: Can I update a theme without uninstalling it first? I will gladly restart Luna twice just for an install, just to make sure that nothing messes up.
    Always uninstall before installing.
  13. #33  
    Preware actually doesn't even allow you to hit update I think. When I had the update option, I tapped just to see what it would do and it told me to uninstall first, then reinstall. Would be cool tho
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

    My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
  14. #34  
    I've had the same thing happen as well using the Dark theme ( http://www.prethemer.com/Dark-theme245.html ). It only changes the background back to the default. It also didn't change back the loading screen. Basically, I'm leaving it installed and will Doctor it prior to the next update.

    Prior to that particular theme, I had successfully installed and removed several themes without problems.
    Last edited by barrysanders20; 10/19/2009 at 02:22 PM.
  15. #35  
    i have the same issue.. i tried installing the modern warfar 2 theme. however, the newb i was, went and installed the transformers over top of it. didnt uninstall. well, when i went to do the longhorns theme, it messed up. so i went to revert back to default theme. now my background and everything is back to normal, except for when i click on icons, it shows the modern warfare2 exploding icons.

    and, i cant install any theme anymore through webos qi. it just sticks on the installing, this may take some time. other than that.. everything seems to work perfect.. just for some reason my phone wont theme
  16. #36  
    ok i did as explained but have no theme button that comes up at all so i can remove one that i installed i have 2 by mistake i want to remove one plz help
  17. bdubbx's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    Use the default IPK found here http://bit.ly/1eSISH
    Install VIA WebOS Quick Install
    Excuse the stupid question, but when installing this ipk, what's the best way (or maybe it's the only way) to use QI to do so?

    I never read the threads on themes before I went to install them via Preware, and I installed about 5 over each other not knowing the consequenses. I'm wanting to get everything back to stock now so I can do it right since I'm tired of a few of my icons being way off of the latest/greatest theme I have installed.

    I'm at work at the moment, just asking now so it's hopefully answered by the time I get home so I can actually take care of it!
  18. #38  
    I had same noob problem. I used WebOS QI and the above mentioned file and all was well. Thanks!

    http://bit.ly/1eSISH
  19. rmackay's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    i have the same issue.. i tried installing the modern warfar 2 theme. however, the newb i was, went and installed the transformers over top of it. didnt uninstall. well, when i went to do the longhorns theme, it messed up. so i went to revert back to default theme. now my background and everything is back to normal, except for when i click on icons, it shows the modern warfare2 exploding icons.

    and, i cant install any theme anymore through webos qi. it just sticks on the installing, this may take some time. other than that.. everything seems to work perfect.. just for some reason my phone wont theme
    If you are installing Texas Longhorns using WebOSQI and the theme's ZIP file from PreCentral.net, it will take approximately 10 minutes to install. You said above that it "just sticks on installing". Please try again and wait at least 15 minutes to be sure it is really stuck. On my XPS 1330 with 64bit and 8 GB ram, it takes a full up 10 minutes. So be patient. The Texas Longhorns theme is worth the wait! (IMHO )
  20. rmackay's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    Excuse the stupid question, but when installing this ipk, what's the best way (or maybe it's the only way) to use QI to do so?

    I never read the threads on themes before I went to install them via Preware, and I installed about 5 over each other not knowing the consequenses. I'm wanting to get everything back to stock now so I can do it right since I'm tired of a few of my icons being way off of the latest/greatest theme I have installed.

    I'm at work at the moment, just asking now so it's hopefully answered by the time I get home so I can actually take care of it!
    I do not know about other themes, but for Texas Longhorns, the ONLY way to get the ENTIRE theme (there is ALOT that it themes!) is to install the ZIP file version of it from here at PreCentral.net, and to use WebOSQuickInstall v2.82 or later to do the installing.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions