Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I downloaded the fish tank theme on my phone, I then removed it amd istalled another theme(Sub-zero) and later on removed it too to where I had no more themes on my phone. My contacts button, music, tasks, and numbers in the dial pad are all still fishes!! How can I fix this?
    I’m having the same problem with the mac osx theme.
    Load Preware and remove from there. Preware can be installed through WebOs Quick Install. You will need to install Preware and the Package Manager Service. You can find those under webos internals feeds.

From there, open Preware and choose Installed Packages, then choose themes. You can then remove your theme which will reinitiate the default theme.
    How did you guys install/uninstall?

*edit* posted the same time as petey. I too recommend installing/removing with preware. It would seem a number of recent issues lately have been from users installing with WOQI's theme functionality. Is this how you installed?
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
  5.    #5  
    I did install it through preware, and I unistalled through preware also. I did a phone partial reset, remove preware, reinstalled preware and nothing has happened. The theme has been removed from preware.
    I uploaded the neon green theme about 3 days ago, since then i have not been able to fully delete the theme. My problem is that i do not know the proper terminology for the specific parts of the theme in order to do proper research. The little bar at the top that says sprint and the time are both green. I also have no clue on how to physically alter themes without using webos installer or preware. No matter if i delete the current theme and put a theme over it, still those two pieces remain green, even if that theme is supposed to put a new color on them. I have even went as far as going into the system info, and ran a full erase. still, they are green! Someone please help, I'm losing my mind!
    i am having the same problem, i still have the contacts and the camera and the photos and my calendar all the texas longhorn theme. i installed the theme through the computer and now i cant get it to go away. please help me get rid of this so i can install a new theme
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrian View Post
    I did install it through preware, and I unistalled through preware also. I did a phone partial reset, remove preware, reinstalled preware and nothing has happened. The theme has been removed from preware.
    Have you checked under "Installed Packages"?
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    yeah i have and its not there
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    The results are very interesting when you have a couple different themes installed at once... I initially didn't realize that you needed to delete the old theme before adding a new one.
    650700p755pPre
    Man I want to install a theme bad but this is what scares me... People getting themes stuck on their phones...
    I also downloaded the neon green theme and parts of it wont go away. help. I have tried to remove using preware and webos quick install.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    im gonna try uninstalling the theme using preware. i have webos quick install how do i get preware onto my phone?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    when i go to installed applications theres no themes button to click. How do i get it on preware
    I installed a theme (The sticker one) but it gave me an error message when trying to install. Well it turns out that it is on my phone however there is no trace of it in Preware. All of the graphics and such are on my phone. Now I can't restore my theme back to the original Pre theme and I can't uninstall the Sticker theme. Anybody have any suggestions?
    OK I ended up uninstalling Preware reinstalling it then installing another theme which worked then uninstalling that theme and now I'm back to normal! Yay!
    I too have the same problem. I installed the michigan wolverines theme( go forcier) and uninstalled it later through preware. Still where it should say sprint it still says michigan and it still says michigan behind my the the five icons on the bottom. Even if i pic a picture as a wallpaper. The michigan stays in front of the picture. Im installing it again now and i gonna try to remove it again. Hopefully it works. The biggest thing that is bothering me is that now when i dial a number i cant see any numbers but i can still dial.
    It worked but i still cant see numbers when i dial. ***!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hi. I installed the "original blue theme"...which i love. But I tried to revert to original, and when I try to press the "revert to default" button, it is greyed out. So basically it has made that theme the default pre theme. How can I go back to the original? Please tell me I do not have to reset my phone.
    Last edited by daddyrey; 10/12/2009 at 01:07 AM.
    I have had a LOT of issues with theme removal. While it would be easy for us to bash the theme makers, they are busting their tails to bring us the goodness! Remember, if PALM wanted us to have themes, they probably would have made their OWN theme repository. Then they would charge us for that !

Themes are one of the newest parts of our homebrew community, so let's give it some time to work itself out. I am sure it will....but in the mean time, PLEASE BE CAREFUL, and read about the theme before you install it. If there is a problem with the theme you are trying to install/uninstall, more than likely others are having the same problem.

Cheers,
    Robert

PS- The themes that I have had problems with are South Park, Florida Gators, Yankees, and Blackberry.
    I likey take apart thingies....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast