1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Its me from 1src I have seen some familiar faces here, so hi to all the migrating crew. (first post!) For those who dont know me, I was the one who created a pair of packages to change the loog of the PalmOS back then. Maybe Turn2PalmOSX rings a bell.

As you guys know, the Pre comes next Tuesday here in Germany. I cant wait, seriously .

SOooo... My first concern was the Theme possibilities you have on the Pre, and as i can see there are already a lot of themes available for download.
    Since i really like the look of the new fresh OS, i was thinking of doing a theme that just changes the icons of the apps (maybe create a whole package in the future).

But now thinking about it, wouldnt it be much more easier if there was an APP that let you change the icons one-by-one, just like IconsPlus did before? Is there a theme manager that lets you change the themes "on the go" like PalmRevolt or SkinUI did? Maybe it sounds weird, but my experience in themeing and skinning, there were always programs that make these kind of changes easier (think of WindowBlinds/Icon Packager for Win, and SkinUI/IconsPlus for PalmOS).

Maybe this looks like a complaint but, since getting the info of any image in this new OS is kinda abstract to me, and then changing it all of them via quickinstall only, made me wonder... An app could be created just to ease these kind of things. Or maybe its just me?

If any of our skilled developers around can take this as a project i will be glad to cooperate in any way i can (not programming that is ).

And sorry for the long post!
    Preware is the current method of installing themes on the device (that is, without connecting to your computer). It doesn't let you do individual icons though. I still have plans to do an app for PreThemer, but am a bit busy at the moment.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
  3.    #3  
    sweet! Ill be waiting for your app then.

Maybe is because I still dont have the phone itslef that I dont know if its easier than it seems.

I already have the Theme in mind. Is based on the Litho Icon set, and with a lil photoshop help i got the "Home" and "Launcher" screenies of how it would look like

Hope you guys can help me make this theme come true!

*Wallpapers should be added later*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    if you shoot me the icons, I can throw it together
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!

5.    #5  
    Thanks man! Send me a pm with your mail so i can send you the icons and the wallpapers.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    If AnOutsider ever gets around to a theming app that makes it easy to interchange icons/top bar colors/dialer, etc. on the fly right on the Pre, he'd be getting a pretty handsome donation from me. I'm a customization junkie, everyone talks about what apps they'd pay top dollar for. I'd genuinely pay upwards of 25.00 bucks for a polished theming program.

Church Punk,

welcome to the Pre community, I look forward to your contributions to theming. Until a full blown skinning/theming program comes in to existence, I find a good way to get started is just by downloading themes from the PreCentral themes section in .zip format and taking a look at how they're put together. A good one to start with is The Original Blue Theme, its one of the more extensive ones that offers a lot more customization than your average theme in the repositories. Once you start messing around with a couple you'll get the hang of it really quick. Good luck!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the tips JC. I have been reading some posts so i have a lilttle idea of how to start. Besides, i have experience with xml code for skins. Did a pocketTunes skin once so xml is not something im afraid of.

What i dont know how to do, is to get the path info (?) of the images for the icons of the apps. Thats all i want to know for the start. Maybe later go deeper into all images that can be changed in the OS itslef. But for now, since i dont own a Pre yet, im stuck with gathering info from the .zip files

And yes, i would also be willing to pay a descent amount of money if the apps are available. I dont see why not, if i paid for those in the old PalmOS
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Preware is the current method of installing themes on the device (that is, without connecting to your computer). It doesn't let you do individual icons though. I still have plans to do an app for PreThemer, but am a bit busy at the moment.
    Preload installs themes in the same manner as preware, and has the same feeds.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    With Prethemer you don't really need to know paths. Just upload the related files and the site will do the heavy lifting of creating the zip, ipk and putting images in the right place

Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Preload installs themes in the same manner as preware, and has the same feeds.
    Correct, I'd forgotten Preload added theme feeds as well

11.    #11  
    With Prethemer you don't really need to know paths. Just upload the related files and the site will do the heavy lifting of creating the zip, ipk and putting images in the right place
    Sweet! i didnt know that. Now that makes things sooo much easier!
    I still have plans to do an app for PreThemer, but am a bit busy at the moment.
    i would love to see this app in the next couple of weeks
    I'm not making any claims regarding timelines. I have a lot of actual work to do which naturally comes before hobby work