Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    i want to know where i have to go to change the sprint and the color
    Quote Originally Posted by puchdog View Post
    i want to know where i have to go to change the sprint and the color
    Usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css for the color

Usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $for$ $the$ $carrier$ $string$

Thanks to Itztuna for this

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...bos-1-2-a.html
    Last edited by 2sslow; 10/05/2009 at 01:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    how about if I use winscp and go into the file myself will that work. Cause I already know the location were I have to go.
    yeah, that'll work fine. Just be careful and don't use the css from an older version of the app or webos.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    but were in those css and jsjsjs $files$ $do$ $i$ $go$ $to$ $change$ $the$ $name$ $and$ $the$ $color$ $becase$ $it$ $has$ $alot$ $of$ $information$ $there$.
    Quote Originally Posted by puchdog View Post
    but were in those css and jsjsjs $files$ $do$ $i$ $go$ $to$ $change$ $the$ $name$ $and$ $the$ $color$ $becase$ $it$ $has$ $alot$ $of$ $information$ $there$.
    I suggest if you don't know how, then don't mess with it. You can do some serious harm to your Pre.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    do u have to change everything in the file or there's only one word u have to change
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css for the color

Usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $for$ $the$ $carrier$ $string$, $However$ $the$ $current$ $instructions$ $for$ $editing$ $the$ $carrier$ $string$ $do$ $not$ $comply$ $w$/ $1$.$2$.

Hopefully someone will figure this out soon, I am missing this mod
    Using WinSCP, I did a search for the word "Sprint" and changed it in two places and it worked great for my phone. The line numbers are found in the web-os internals webpage. It seems on 1.2.1 you only need to change it in 2 places instead of 4 and it'll stick in the main screen and the phone screen. Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    Using WinSCP, I did a search for the word "Sprint" and changed it in two places and it worked great for my phone. The line numbers are found in the web-os internals webpage. It seems on 1.2.1 you only need to change it in 2 places instead of 4 and it'll stick in the main screen and the phone screen. Hope that helps.
    That will not work in 1.2!
    There is no instance of sprint in 1.2 you must do this.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...bos-1-2-a.html

You should listen to Abyssul and stay out if you dont know what you are doing.

There is a lot of good info on here but there is some bad as well so if you are going to do it anyway read a lot and make sure your info is from a credible source (actually 2 or3).

yeah, that'll work fine. Just be careful and don't use the css from an older version of the app or webos.
    HUH?

If he uses WinSCP to get into his Pre then its quite obviously the correct version.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    i use winscp and change line 481 and 827 in the bar-assistant. jsjsjs $and$ $it$ $worked$. $I$ $just$ $want$ $to$ $know$ $wich$ $line$ $u$ $have$ $to$ $change$ $for$ $the$ $color$.