Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I have posted a Texas Longhorns theme to PreCentral.net. This is a link to the theme...

http://www.precentral.net/webos-themes/texas-longhorns

Hook'em Horns!

Other themes I have put together are...

http://www.precentral.net/webos-themes/dallas-cowboys

http://www.precentral.net/webos-themes/dallas-stars

The themes I create, take a huge amount of time to develop (as I hope you see and enjoy). Please let the developers of content like this know your appreciation and encourage future development by making a donation in the amount of your choosing. To do so, just click the donate button. Thank you!

NOTE 1: The ONLY way to get the ENTIRE theme (for now at least), is to download the ZIP file version from Precentral.net and install it via WebOSQuickInstall. Any other method (ZIP from any other site or by using IPK or Preware, etc.) will result in only 1/2 or less of the theme getting applied to your phone.

NOTE 2: This theme is so detailed, that is is normal to get error messages about missing files. This just means that you do not have the 3rd party app that the theme is trying to "paint". Just press OK/Continue on these errors to install the theme.

--UPDATES
    v2.3.5 - Will now install with WebOS 1.3.5 - tested using WOSQI v2.96. You will get some messages about can't find file and others, but just keep going through them until the theme finally completes installing (about 3-10 minutes). Only problem detected so far is that PDF View app's icon does not get themed. See you in Pasadena!!! Hook'em!
    v2.0.2 - Improvements to PIN screen and to video player app.
    v2.0.0 - Made compatible with Palm Web OS 1.3.1 and WebOSQuickInstall v2.9+. Also significantly improved and expanded into even more detail. Want an example? Checkout the Austin skyline in the Flight View app! For some screen shots highlighting some of the new and/or improved stuff... click here to jump to the message in this thread with the screenshots .

v1.4.1 - Changed non-stock apps (this is a FIRST in theming!). So far have done: PreWare, Amazon MP3 store, Sprint Portal, PDF Viewer, LinkedIn, AccuRadio, Stopwatch/Timer, The Weather Channel, WeatherBug, AccuWeather, FlightView, and Where... and as always, some other minor tweaks here and there to stuff from prior versions.

v1.4.0 - Changed lock/pin screen, improved Tasks screen, improved dialer button pushes, and some other minor tweaks here and there.

v1.3.0 - Now added/updated theming elements in Google Maps, Tasks, Music, Videos, Photos, App Catalog (now says UT Co-op ), Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation, etc. New details such as longhorn rating symbols instead of stars in the SprintNav search results.

v1.2.0 - I believe this is now one of the most detailed themes around - theming over 1,000 image files in the Pre.

Alot of attention to detail - like the email flag being a longhorn, messaging contacts with no photo having a wood engraved longhorn as a temporary image placeholder, Longhorn symbols on email envelopes and folders, UT/Hook'em Hand/Longhorn/and Texas "T" as accents on memos, etc., etc.

Also theming in areas rarely touched by others - Custom clock faces for the Analog, Digital, and Hidden clocks, Memos with accents and the memos bulletin board with the UT Name on it, the calculator completely recolored and with "Hook 'em" frosted into the LED screen background, etc., etc.

And of course, custom icons and backgrounds galore - video, email, phone, lock, camera, photos, tasks, memos, contacts, google maps, music, you tube, messaging, calendar, etc., etc.

NOTE!!! This takes about 10 minutes to load via WebOSQuickInstall v2.82+. Do not unplug your Pre until it finishes. Be patient!

Feedback welcomed.

Since the theme page limits the number of screen shots, here are a bunch... (and here is a link to even more... http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1974125 )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rmackay; 12/31/2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Described changes in 2.3.5
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Would you be interested in putting together a Kansas Jayhawks theme?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    A new version has been posted. Lots of improvements! Suggestions welcome!

Robert
    And if I may say so your theme kicks ****! Hook 'em Horns!
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    NICE! Hook 'em Horns!

Another Longhorns fan here. I still have just over a month before I get my Pre, but I have already chosen the 'horns case/protector!
    Paul,

Do you have a linke for the UT case?
    What would it take to get you to make a Cowboys Theme? I know there is one already, but its not my style. I really like this theme. The solid black/logom hell, all of it!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    See 1st posting for an update on the Texas Longhorns theme!

Robert
    Awesome theme, I really like the main background + launcher and the dialer. I tried the newest update and the clocks look about the same to me (not sure if 2nd hand dot in analog has always been orange). The new clock icon is cool.

Some additional suggestions:
    For the Youtube icon, I think it would look better if the Tube lettering was slightly more white. For the photo icon, instead of tinting the icon orange, maybe keep the original icon but replace the sunset picture with bevo or something? Also, the email section could use some changes - I didn't really like the all-orange icons on grey background. I am not sure what will work best - maybe make the background white (although grey might be more functional) or add some white to the icons like coloring the stars white? Oh yeah, on the main screen, replacing "Sprint" with Hook 'em or something similar would be cool.

Thanks for the great theme.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Thank you for the comments and suggestions. Are you saying though, that the analog clock looks the same? It should have a more standard type of clock that says Texas Longhorns instead of the all white, ultra-modern clock that ships with the Pre. The digital clock should say Hook 'Em and have small longhorn icons in the corners. Can you confirm that you are seeing this or not?

I will be working on updating the email and messaging areas this weekend.

Thank you,

Robert
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi there,

Is there any interest in my creating a version of this theme that has "OU Sucks!" as part of the boot-glow? I had this in my very original version but removed it in later versions.

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    Thank you for the comments and suggestions. Are you saying though, that the analog clock looks the same? It should have a more standard type of clock that says Texas Longhorns instead of the all white, ultra-modern clock that ships with the Pre. The digital clock should say Hook 'Em and have small longhorn icons in the corners. Can you confirm that you are seeing this or not?

I will be working on updating the email and messaging areas this weekend.

Thank you,

Robert
    I'll try reinstalling it again, but yes the clocks haven't changed. The analog clock is still the original ultra modern theme and digital clock doesn't have any logos/writing on it.

Edit:
    I reinstalled the theme (using Preware) and I still don't have the new clocks.
    Last edited by jrcbandit; 10/08/2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: New info
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Here are some screen shots of the Pre Clock in UT adornments!
    very nice work on the clock, Now let's kick the Buffalos **** on Sat. and march on into Dallas and commence a beatdown on the Sooners.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    very nice work on the clock, Now let's kick the Buffalos **** on Sat. and march on into Dallas and commence a beatdown on the Sooners.
    What he said....

I especially like the orange and white clock, and of course OU sucks.
    You've given me a compelling reason to load a theme, Hook'em!!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hmmm, I have been using WebOS Quick Install 2.72 to do my installs. Can you try that and see if your clock faces show up? Be sure to uninstall with Preware first.
    While my sentiments are for OU Sucks, it doesn't look very professional if i re-boot and someone is around to see that. I vote NO on putting it back, I like it just fine the way it is.

Here are two wallpapers, one could be used for the lock screen and the other as an alternate wallpaper. Feel free to use them if you want to.

Dwayne Wilson
    hey can u make me a florida gators theme like this please?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    Hmmm, I have been using WebOS Quick Install 2.72 to do my installs. Can you try that and see if your clock faces show up? Be sure to uninstall with Preware first.

I couldn't get WebOS Quick Install to install the theme. It would just sit there without the phone ever updating. But I don't think any theme would install for some strange reason.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast