Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hi, can someone help me as I am frustrated. I have downloaded the WebOS Quick install. I am trying to download the Texas Longhorn theme to my Palm Pre.

It seems as if they are mutually exclusive things. How do I get the Longhorn theme to my Pre via my MAC?

I did make sure to put the Java 6 to the top of the two lists on my computer. The instructions seemed to make it sound like when I plug my phone into my MAC via the USB cord and hit "Charge Only" that it would somehow do its thing?

I am obviously not a techno savy person, so can someone HELP me?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi there,

I do not believe, that WebOS Quick Install runs on a MAC. In that case, your only option maybe to install via Preware... but that is if you can figure out how to get Preware onto your Pre. I do not have a MAC and so I can not help. I am sure others who know what you need to do, will chime in though.

Robert
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Ok... I think the following statements are true and am trying to figure out a workaround...

Source: Prethemer - If you install via Preware or WebOSQuickInstall (IPK method), you will get the carrier text Hook em and the text in orange. BUT, you will not get the complete theme (such as the Clock faces, SprintNav changes, and many more).

Source: PreCentral - If you install via Preware or WebOSQuickInstall (IPK method), you will get the same limited version of the theme as above, but also without the Hook em carrier text nor text color.

Source: Prethemer or Precentral - If you install via WebOSQuickInstall (ZIP method), you will get the whole enchilada/complete version of the theme, but will NOT get the Hook em carrier text nor text color.

It appears the IPK based installers can only install what they know about, where as the ZIP installer works based off of the XML file, thereby giving the theme author complete control of images. However, IPK files can run scripts (needed to change carrier text and color) and ZIP files can not. So, until someone can make a patch version of a carrier text/color changer kind-of-app, you have to choose what you are willing to not have. I prefer to have the whole enchilada at the cost of the carrier text.

Anyone else have any insight/input/knowledge? ...or willing to write such a patch? I imagine it as a scene that allows you to enter text and select a color - then it applies it. Or somehow update the ZIP based installers to get this info from the XML and apply it.

Robert
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I am ready to start theme'ing Homebrew/App stuff! What are the non-stock apps/homebrews that you all use (provide a top 10 at the most please)?

Robert

Currently - my list is...

Preware, Flashlight (Screen and LED versions), Pack 'n Track, WeatherBug, AccuWeather, Stopwatch/Timer, LinkedIn, FlightView, Topple Ball, Blocked, AccuRadio, The Weather Channel. (i know, i know, I listed 12!)
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    Hi there,

I do not believe, that WebOS Quick Install runs on a MAC. In that case, your only option maybe to install via Preware... but that is if you can figure out how to get Preware onto your Pre. I do not have a MAC and so I can not help. I am sure others who know what you need to do, will chime in though.

Robert
    Robert, WebOS Quick Install works fine on a Mac.
    Scott
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ffej333 View Post
    Hi, can someone help me as I am frustrated. I have downloaded the WebOS Quick install. I am trying to download the Texas Longhorn theme to my Palm Pre.

It seems as if they are mutually exclusive things. How do I get the Longhorn theme to my Pre via my MAC?

I did make sure to put the Java 6 to the top of the two lists on my computer. The instructions seemed to make it sound like when I plug my phone into my MAC via the USB cord and hit "Charge Only" that it would somehow do its thing?

I am obviously not a techno savy person, so can someone HELP me?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff, do you have your pre in developer mode?
    I am ready to start theme'ing Homebrew/App stuff! What are the non-stock apps/homebrews that you all use (provide a top 10 at the most please)?

My top 10 would be:
    Pandora, AccuRadio, WeatherBug, Tweed, Where, Fandango, Evernote, Newsroom, LinkedIn, and Stopwatch/Timer.
    I noticed that there's a 1.3.2 update to your theme. Simple question: when you update the version, do I have to uninstall the previous version and reinstall? Your theme is the only theme I've had to download/install via WOSQI. Why should we not use Preware to install this theme?

Did I ever mention this theme kicks ****?!? GO HORNS!
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    I noticed that there's a 1.3.2 update to your theme. Simple question: when you update the version, do I have to uninstall the previous version and reinstall? Your theme is the only theme I've had to download/install via WOSQI. Why should we not use Preware to install this theme?

Did I ever mention this theme kicks ****?!? GO HORNS!
    If you use Preware to install the theme, you will miss out on many of the extras such as the new clock, changes to Nav screen, etc.. I think it has to do with what ipk installs can access.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Can you please do one for the Dallas Cowboys. I mean since you have the Longhorns, (very nice), it would really make sense to have the Dallas Cowboys in this mix as well.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I do not know if you have to uninstall first, but I would recommend doing so just to add that extra level of care to ensure your phone does not get messed up somehow. The person who would really know the answer is the person that authored Preware or WebOSQuickInstall.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    1.4.0 - see original posts for changes. Non-stock app theming has been validated!!! Homebrew and App Catalog apps... here I come!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    brilliant work, Robert. Truly the most in depth and fully-customized theme for the Pre. And of course, it would be on a theme for the Horns. It's 12:08 AM and OU STILL SUCKS!
    1.4.0 - see original posts for changes. Non-stock app theming has been validated!!! Homebrew and App Catalog apps... here I come!
    I've been using Preware to remove previous versions and then install the latest version, but did you change anything with the name on 1.4? Before it would show the theme as having an update available and now it doesn't even show 1.3.2 in my installed list even though that's what i'm using. So I can't uninstall until I get home and hopefully webosqi will uninstall it. And to someone above, with Preware, you must uninstall before installing an update or new theme. It won't let you do otherwise.

Love the theme though. Especially this week. By far the best theme out right now.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Now it themes NON_STOCK apps! See original post for update details. Here is a few of the icons themed (even got Preware themed)!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Based on my research, you should only install this theme with WOSQI and only using the ZIP file version, as that is the only way to get ALL of the theme. All the other methods/file types (i.e. IPK) will only get you 1/2 or less of all that there is to enjoy.
    Very nice, wish there was one for TreoLauncher
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sherilikewhoa View Post
    Very nice, wish there was one for TreoLauncher
    what is treolauncher?
    its 8:53 This theme rocks and OU still sucks... 13 hours away from kickoff!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matts4313 View Post
    its 8:53 This theme rocks and OU still sucks... 13 hours away from kickoff!!!!
    It's 3:40 pm on Sunday and you know what, OU does suck, as witnessed yesterday. Hook 'em Horns!
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast