1.    #1  
    i used preware to use some themes and then i uninstalled them however they are stuck on the phone and i have no idea how to remove them i have already tried removing the themes removing preware from my phone using webos quick install to restore to default and none work please help!!!
    No worries: as soon as Jason Robitaille gets a chance to update his excellent WebOS repair tool, it will fix this for you as it did for me under 1.1. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    No worries: as soon as Jason Robitaille gets a chance to update his excellent WebOS repair tool, it will fix this for you as it did for me under 1.1. {Jonathan}
    1.2-compatible WebOS Repair Utility: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    You tried using the on-phone preware to remove them all? It takes a few minutes with all the re-starts but I cleared mine up that way.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    that happened to me also.

i had mismatched themes and it screwed up my launch button so i had no access to launcher- the launcher would launch search and nothing else.. the theme that got me was that new windows 7 . i went to install it via webosquickinstall and it gave an error. after that the phone was porked.

had to run webosdoctor and then upgrade to 1.2.1

at least i didnt brick it 100% tho heh
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Sorry to revive this but I've run into a similar problem and was wondering how to fix it...

My original Pre [FW 1.2.1] developed a major 'oreo' affect and I called Sprint. The rep acknowledged this issue and mailed out a new unit. So far so good.

I received the new Pre and, stupidly , did a Full Erase on the original Pre w/o un-installing the theme!! [from Preware] @ myself!!!

Now, when I power up the device, it loads that theme's image [ not the regular glowing Palm logo]

I have to return this unit to Sprint.. But, I don't wanna do it with that theme's boot up image popping up every time the phone starts!!

What do I do ? The Pre is otherwise back to stock condition..

Is there any recourse ??

Please post!!

Thanks a ton!