Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    hey guys, ive been hesitant to install themes because i'm afraid something will go wrong. since there are a bunch of ways to install them, which method works best without issues?
    Preware That's how I do it and have had no issues and love it!
    Same here...have always used preware to uninstall/install and have never had a SINGLE problem.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    thanks guys, ill give preware a shot.
    ok these themes here all work with 1.2 ?
    I have had 4 different themes since the 1.2 update and none of them have given me trouble. I'm assuming that all themes are basically the same coding wise and such, so they shouldn't give you too much trouble.
    I really want to install a theme too but I have mixed information about what I need to do to install themes on WebOS 1.2... can someone post a link or give me some definite steps that work?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekzilla View Post
    I really want to install a theme too but I have mixed information about what I need to do to install themes on WebOS 1.2... can someone post a link or give me some definite steps that work?

Thanks!
    To the best of my limited knowledge, all themes are simply collections of png & jpg files to be inserted in the various locations to take the place of whatever you have now.
    Preware simply inserts them into the proper locations after copying whatever is currently being used to a backup folder on the Pre.
    Whatever theme you install thru Preware, if it doesn't work out for you, the Preware uninstall will restore your Pre to the state it was in before putting the theme in.
    Always uninstall a theme before installing another one.
    The main difference with themes from 1.1 to 1.2 is the dialer pad changes. It won't break your phone, but you may not see the dialerpad properly until the author updates their theme.

I'd stay away from themes that contain css or jsjsjs $files$ $and$ $were$ $made$ $for$ $a$ $different$ $version$ $of$ $webos$ $than$ $the$ $one$ $you$'$re$ $going$ $to$ $install$ $on$
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Preware worked great just reinstalled my iphone theme that i lost when went to 1.2