1.    #1  
    Knowing that the calender icon can Show the current date, is there a way to make animated icons? I.E. having a phone icon that emits radio waves or a spinning txt icon or some type of cool contacts icon that changes color. I suppose these would probably need to be gif's but i dont think the calender icon is a gif. What do you think?
    good question, i've often wondered this myself....
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Signs point to no. Animated .GIF files still only show the 1st frame in the browser under WebOS 1.2.
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    there must be a way to animate...i hope
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Signs point to no. Animated .GIF files still only show the 1st frame in the browser under WebOS 1.2.
    I didn't say use a .gif, just giving that as an example. the calender icon must be somewhat animated to change the date every day, there for if it is querying the date and showing the date then a phone icon should be able to query different images to appear animated. i would assume it would probably drain the battery somewhat but it should only use it when the launch bar is showing, then stop the query when hidden or in an app.

Just an idea.