Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
  1. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Working version for WebOS 1.3.5.1 now uploaded on PreThemer's feed.
    Awesome! Just curious - I know how frustrated you must have been with this - what ended up being the hang-up from the prior version? Thanks for all your hard work!
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Awesome! Just curious - I know how frustrated you must have been with this - what ended up being the hang-up from the prior version? Thanks for all your hard work!
    I have no idea what the hang-up was. I didn't change anything... besides host it at PreThemer.com rather than PreCentral.net.

- Here is the scenario: One could download it from PreCentral.net's (feed) to their computer and install it w/o problems via WOSQI. Yet, using Preware the theme would say 'installed' but would not be.

- I was told that all theme's were working at PreThemer.com so I downloaded the theme.zip (from PreCentral.net's feed) and posted it @ PreThemer.com and it now works perfect with Preware and WOSQI 2.96 (I changed nothing within the theme.zip).

- I have the files hosted on both sites/feeds right now because I understand the webos-internals team is still investigating it. If you'd like to follow, check here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2195978

cheers
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    thanks I wasn't using any theems ever since this stoped working and now I'm finally using the theme again.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    thanks I wasn't using any theems ever since this stoped working and now I'm finally using the theme again.
    Your welcome... I would have released earlier (on a different server) had I known it was server side ... And not something I was doing wrong.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  5.    #145  
    updated for webos 1.4

Edit:

I really only added the necessary Phone Images (w/ regard to 1.4)... the only other item on the drawing board is the video's section.

Please let me know if you find any part of 1.4 that seems to be missing a themed image (other than the video's app).
    Last edited by MLJones8; 03/02/2010 at 01:56 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  6.    #146  
    Current version is compatible with WebOS 1.4.1.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Current version is compatible with WebOS 1.4.1.
    Have you had a chance to check for compatibility with 1.4.5 yet?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Have you had a chance to check for compatibility with 1.4.5 yet?
    Considering it started really being downloadable (iirc) after 10P CST, probably not. FWIW, I gave installing it a whirl (what can I say, I hate the green phone and blue App Catalog! )and while a few errors were thrown (quickly, I couldn't note them down), it did seem to apply correctly, from what I can tell.

It also seems to remove correctly as well.
  9.    #149  
    I will update it within the next 24 hrs.

Note: Is there anyone using this theme who knows how to build/create themes? After this update I'd be willing to pass the torch if someone was up for it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Note: Is there anyone using this theme who knows how to build/create themes? After this update I'd be willing to pass the torch if someone was up for it.
    Sorry - I can't help you there.
  11.    #151  
    After reviewing the IPKG Log Errors... I've determined they can be ignored. No extra or corrupt files are not put on your webOS device and nothing is left behind during removal.

Thus I've updated the theme only to update the description stating it is safe for WebOS 1.4.5.1.

I don't see any image changes with the new version of webOS but if anyone comes across an image that was once black and is no longer please PM me. Thanks!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  12. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    After reviewing the IPKG Log Errors... I've determined they can be ignored. No extra or corrupt files are not put on your webOS device and nothing is left behind during removal.

Thus I've updated the theme only to update the description stating it is safe for WebOS 1.4.5.1.

I don't see any image changes with the new version of webOS but if anyone comes across an image that was once black and is no longer please PM me. Thanks!
    I updated via Preware, but now each time I launch Preware, it's indicating that an update is available for the theme. Any idea what's happening?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I updated via Preware, but now each time I launch Preware, it's indicating that an update is available for the theme. Any idea what's happening?
    Just do a remove/reinstall. Should clear that up.
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    Just do a remove/reinstall. Should clear that up.
    Thanks, but I already tried that (I should have stated that - sorry), and it didn't work. I'm thinking perhaps the Version ID # wasn't changed in the theme package itself, and this is what's throwing off Preware?
  15.    #155  
    Thanks, but I already tried that (I should have stated that - sorry), and it didn't work. I'm thinking perhaps the Version ID # wasn't changed in the theme package itself, and this is what's throwing off Preware?

I've installed and removed this theme multiple times without that happening. However, I do have the issue with a different theme. I'm investigating... Will probably have to wait a few days to hear back from the good ol' guys @webosinternals
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I've installed and removed this theme multiple times without that happening. However, I do have the issue with a different theme. I'm investigating... Will probably have to wait a few days to hear back from the good ol' guys @webosinternals
    I don't know if this is the issue or will be of any help, but I noticed that although the current version is 0.894, the file actually downloaded from PreThemer.com is still called "com.prethemer.themes.ee9b65268b_0.893.0_all" (emphasis added). I haven't tried installing it via QuickInstall (only Preware), but I wonder if the lack of name change on the PreThemer.com site might not be the issue? I assume Preware is just linking to the files hosted on PreThemer.com, right? Just something I noticed in case it can help in troubleshooting....
  17.    #157  
    I don't know if this is the issue or will be of any help, but I noticed that although the current version is 0.894, the file actually downloaded from PreThemer.com is still called "com.prethemer.themes.ee9b65268b_0.893.0_all" (emphasis added). I haven't tried installing it via QuickInstall (only Preware), but I wonder if the lack of name change on the PreThemer.com site might not be the issue? I assume Preware is just linking to the files hosted on PreThemer.com, right? Just something I noticed in case it can help in troubleshooting....
    I think this was the issue, and I believe it has been resolved.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678