Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 157
  1. #121  
    bump!

    I pm'd the developer two days ago regarding the simple black theme not working under 1.3.5 via Preware but I've not yet received a response..

    Please introduce 1.3.5 compatability!
  2. kuoirad's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #122  
    dk0r: if you really have to have it, try installing via WOSQI. Otherwise, I'd give the guy a week before I start worrying...
  3. XR4TI's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #123  
    So it works under WOSQI and not preware? Guess I'll wait til I get home then.
  4. kuoirad's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #124  
    It kinda does. MLJones discussed this - it might throw a few errors on install via WOSQI, and there may be problems with reverting to default.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2114093
  5. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    It kinda does. MLJones discussed this - it might throw a few errors on install via WOSQI, and there may be problems with reverting to default.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2114093
    FYI to all - I've installed the theme via QuickInstall and reverted back to the default a few times now with no problem at all (no errors on install either), so that route seems safe to me for now until MLJones gets a chance to update it for 1.3.5.1.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyassazian View Post
    I installed via Preware, the only problem I ran into is during an active call, the caller id background is still default(green). Easily removed the theme via Preware.
    This I think I fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    MLJones:

    Just wondering if there'd been any progress figuring out what was going wrong under 1.3.5. I've got this theme installed via WOSQI, and it seems to work fine. There were a couple errors on installation, though I dont' remember what they were.

    I'd love to have this working in Preware again as it's easier for me to remove a theme there in case of need (pre-EPR and updating, for instance).

    If there's any help I can provide, please let me know.
    I've been trying to work with members of the webos-internals team to find the fix... No solution has been reached yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by dk0r View Post
    bump!

    I pm'd the developer two days ago regarding the simple black theme not working under 1.3.5 via Preware but I've not yet received a response..

    Please introduce 1.3.5 compatability!
    I replied... and I'm working on it, I have limited time and knowledge and the webos-internals team has their hands full as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    dk0r: if you really have to have it, try installing via WOSQI. Otherwise, I'd give the guy a week before I start worrying...
    Quote Originally Posted by XR4TI View Post
    So it works under WOSQI and not preware? Guess I'll wait til I get home then.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    It kinda does. MLJones discussed this - it might throw a few errors on install via WOSQI, and there may be problems with reverting to default.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2114093
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    FYI to all - I've installed the theme via QuickInstall and reverted back to the default a few times now with no problem at all (no errors on install either), so that route seems safe to me for now until MLJones gets a chance to update it for 1.3.5.1.
    You can install via WOSQI, then install via Preware and it appears to work and be able to be removed. However, since day one webos-internals team has said this is not the suggested method (installing twice). Once we figure out the issue this method will not allow you to revert to default. I haven't previously mentioned this becuase I don't have the time to support individuals not being able to remove the theme.

    So as stated, I'm working on it, you can try any method you want to install the theme but until I've officially announced its ready for 1.3.5.1 please use at your own risk and without asking for extra support from me.

    If anyone knows what the problem is I'd love for input as I do not know. Feel free to download the .zip on your computer and Jason's Theme Builder and tinker away with it
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  7.    #127  
    I haven't found a solution to install the theme via Preware... however once you download the newest version that has a warning for 1.3.5 and

    After following these instructions... You can install the theme via WOSQI cleanly, and remove it.

    I'll remove the warning after the Preware issues have been worked out.

    Edit: Download links below... at least until Precentral approves my updates.

    Download original version below:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/0z3ndn...uild-0.875.zip

    Download version II below:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/kw25ng...build-0.81.zip
    Last edited by MLJones8; 01/06/2010 at 04:23 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  8. #128  
    Active caller screen is still green with the original(non scrim version) theme. Just to let you know. This is with the current release v0.875
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyassazian View Post
    Active caller screen is still green with the original(non scrim version) theme. Just to let you know. This is with the current release v0.875
    You should remove the theme and re-apply. I'm not experiencing this is anyone else?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  10. #130  
    Got it working!!! Now my phone dialer is black again instead of green. Used WOSQI because Preware couldn't get it to work.
  11. #131  
    I was having the issue with the green left on the active caller screen, removing and reapplying the theme worked to fix this issue.

    The current issue I'm having is the menu bar background (analogous to the dock in OSX, I'm not sure what the proper name for it on the Pre is. "Quick Launch" perhaps?) isn't changing, it's still the default light grey.

    While I'm a new Pre user and haven't had time to get into the innards of the thing yet, I'm a UNIX sysadmin - if you point me to any logs/docs/debugging information/etc I'll be happy to help.
  12. #132  
    Thanks been my theme for a while now
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by tserna View Post
    Got it working!!! Now my phone dialer is black again instead of green. Used WOSQI because Preware couldn't get it to work.
    The webos-internals team is aware of the issue and is working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by notjhh View Post
    I was having the issue with the green left on the active caller screen, removing and reapplying the theme worked to fix this issue.

    The current issue I'm having is the menu bar background (analogous to the dock in OSX, I'm not sure what the proper name for it on the Pre is. "Quick Launch" perhaps?) isn't changing, it's still the default light grey.

    While I'm a new Pre user and haven't had time to get into the innards of the thing yet, I'm a UNIX sysadmin - if you point me to any logs/docs/debugging information/etc I'll be happy to help.
    The quicklaunch or wavebar isn't suppose to change, if you'd like instructions on how to change it let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidgodby View Post
    Thanks been my theme for a while now
    Welcome
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  14. kuoirad's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #134  
    MLJones8:

    Do you know if the Preware problem being seen is happening with all themes, or just yours?
  15. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    MLJones8:

    Do you know if the Preware problem being seen is happening with all themes, or just yours?
    I know that it's definitely happening with some others as well.
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    MLJones8:

    Do you know if the Preware problem being seen is happening with all themes, or just yours?
    None have worked that I've tried... Appears at least 4 others are in the same boat http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...s-1-3-5-a.html
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  17. BBchirp's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #137  
    Okay Im sorry Im a bit confused...so i have your theme (v 1) installed which i like. However i want to be able to remove it for the feb update as well as to install the updated version you posted. So I know I cant remove it using webOS installer because of the greyed out default theme box and I have no idea how to use the rooting work around so do I just have to wait until things get figured out to remove it? I know I could use webos doctor but that is absolutely my last resort. Thanks and sorry for asking the same questions as above I just want reiteration.

    I have 1.3.5.1.
    Last edited by drkblue619; 01/17/2010 at 11:12 PM.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by drkblue619 View Post
    Okay Im sorry Im a bit confused...so i have your theme (v 1) installed which i like. However i want to be able to remove it for the feb update as well as to install the updated version you posted. So I know I cant remove it using webOS installer because of the greyed out default theme box and I have no idea how to use the rooting work around so do I just have to wait until things get figured out to remove it? I know I could use webos doctor but that is absolutely my last resort. Thanks and sorry for asking the same questions as above I just want reiteration.

    I have 1.3.5.1.
    In order to follow the steps (above) to create the directory...does not require rooting... Simply using preware to install terminal app and its supporting background utility.

    On the other hand, other users have installed the theme via webos QI then installed via Preware and have been able to revert to default...although this has always not been recommened in the past. I'll message the webos internalz team tonight to see if they have made any progress.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  19. #139  
    love it
  20.    #140  
    Working version for WebOS 1.3.5.1 now uploaded on PreThemer's feed.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions