Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    First,
    Thanks for the elegant theme. Very nice, no others needed :-)

I just got a touchstone charger, and when on the charger I get the nice clock, but with a black background. Is there a way to get my chosen launcher background image for this as part of the theme? Every other case seems to do it properly, but on the touchstone I get the clock on solid black.
    Yes, use WebOS Quick Install send/receive feature.

- First I would get (receive): /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-wallpaper-mask.png
    --So that you have the original image.

- Then rename your image to: screen-lock-wallpaper-mask.png
    - Send your image to: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-wallpaper-mask.png

--After a restart it should be replaced.

Out of curiosity is this image one you think matches the theme or is it personalized?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I was wondering if you can put a theme on while you have patches installed or do you need to take the patches off, intall theme, then reinstall patches?
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matgeo15 View Post
    I was wondering if you can put a theme on while you have patches installed or do you need to take the patches off, intall theme, then reinstall patches?
    I spoke with the webos-internals team about this a few weeks ago. They pointed out the problem is with themes that apply patches.

- My theme doesn't apply any patches, it simply replaces images, and thus is safe to be installed.

- Other themes are very different and I can not speak for them.

- Lastly, remember to remove your theme then your patches before running any WebOS Updates, and that the use of themes/homebrews/patches are all at your own risk. Although Jason's Repair Utility and the WebOS Docotor will always bring your phone back to OEM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    My phone is patched to within an inch of its life but I had never installed a theme. I had never found one I really liked; I figured I was too mature (i.e., old) for many of them. The less kitchy ones were not "I must have it" attractive to me. Besides, I use pictures of my kids as my background, so I decided to make do with Palm's native colors. This theme finally changed my mind. I'm enjoying it immensely. Thank you for creating it.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    My phone is patched to within an inch of its life but I had never installed a theme. I had never found one I really liked; I figured I was too mature (i.e., old) for many of them. The less kitchy ones were not "I must have it" attractive to me. Besides, I use pictures of my kids as my background, so I decided to make do with Palm's native colors. This theme finally changed my mind. I'm enjoying it immensely. Thank you for creating it.

Couldn't have said it much better my self... Your noted points are the reasons I was forced to create it in the first place. Cheers.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    this is by far my favorite theme, but is there any way you could add messaging to one of the apps it changes?
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    this is by far my favorite theme, but is there any way you could add messaging to one of the apps it changes?
    The messaging app doesn't have a scrim to edit. In order to change it, one must edit system files, however doing so currently causes issues with removing themes... This is the reason its not incorporated into the theme.

However, I'll make a background for the messaging app after the patch to add a scrim to it is uploaded to the patch feed. Just for those who wish to add it by themselves.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    alright, sounds good. sorry, i know absolutely nothing about the development process, so i was just wondering.
    nice theme good work
  10.    #90  
    New version 0.872 released....
    - It themes the messaging app... which is best complemented by mracer29's patch titled: "Scrim Messaging."

- Then is best complemented by placing the below image in: /media/internal/wallpapers/

--- This can be done by connecting your Pre to your via USB and dragging and dropping the image in the "wallpapers" folder.

Lastly, a restart is required (either luna or by pressing orange + symbol + r)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MLJones8; 12/03/2009 at 10:13 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    New version 0.872 released....
    - It themes the messaging app... which is best complemented by mracer29's patch titled: "Scrim Messaging."

- Then is best complemented by placing the below image in: /media/internal/wallpapers/

--- This can be done by connecting your Pre to your via USB and dragging and dropping the image in the "wallpapers" folder.

Lastly, a restart is required (either luna or by pressing orange + symbol + r)
    I love your theme, but I've just run into a problem with it....Preware notified me of the update, and subsequently notified me that I needed to first uninstall the theme prior to installing the update. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and now the theme appears to be installed (the phone background is black, not green), but Preware still shows that I don't have the theme installed (it doesn't show I have any theme installed). When I try to install it via Preware again (so it is aware I have the theme, and so that I can properly uninstall it when the coming WebOS update is released), I get an error, and I'm told to see the IPKG Log. The log indicates the following failures:

Postinst
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/net.precentral.themes.simple-black-theme-w-texture.pontinst: line 187: syntax error: "(" unexpected

ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

Is this an error in the theme upgrade programming? Or something that went wrong on my specific Pre during installation? Anything you can think of to help me get your theme properly back on my Pre?

Thanks for the awesome theme; I hope you can help with this issue.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I love your theme, but I've just run into a problem with it....Preware notified me of the update, and subsequently notified me that I needed to first uninstall the theme prior to installing the update. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and now the theme appears to be installed (the phone background is black, not green), but Preware still shows that I don't have the theme installed (it doesn't show I have any theme installed). When I try to install it via Preware again (so it is aware I have the theme, and so that I can properly uninstall it when the coming WebOS update is released), I get an error, and I'm told to see the IPKG Log. The log indicates the following failures:

Postinst
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/net.precentral.themes.simple-black-theme-w-texture.pontinst: line 187: syntax error: "(" unexpected

ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

Is this an error in the theme upgrade programming? Or something that went wrong on my specific Pre during installation? Anything you can think of to help me get your theme properly back on my Pre?

Thanks for the awesome theme; I hope you can help with this issue.
    Weird... I'm having issues with my other theme currently as well!

Both themes install cleanly w/o issues via WebOS Quick Install..

Edit: The issue *should be fixed* however the feeds have not yet updated to relay the fix... the theme should be back up and running within the hour.

Edit: Its fixed
    Last edited by MLJones8; 12/03/2009 at 12:25 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Works for me, I just had to manually tell Preware to update the feeds.

0.873 installed on my phone just fine.

Thanks for the quick resolution on this.

Cheers!
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    Works for me, I just had to manually tell Preware to update the feeds.

0.873 installed on my phone just fine.

Thanks for the quick resolution on this.

Cheers!
    Yep. 0.873 fixes the issue... I had a character which linux considered invalid "()" (which is what Preware servers run from (I think?)).

None-the-less all is well now
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  15. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Yep. 0.873 fixes the issue... I had a character which linux considered invalid "()" (which is what Preware servers run from (I think?)).

Yes, I'm all set now too. I uninstalled successfully via Quick Install as you suggested, and then was able to reinstall via Preware as indicated. Thanks!

pm sent
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    pm sent
    This was concerning a the new version of the theme... which included the opinion the theme w/o the messaging app was better.

- I thought at least some users would think this way... and to be honest it took some time for it grow on me as well.

- For those who think it looks better w/o messaging app theme I have two questions:

----- Did you install mracer29's "Scrim Messaging" Patch to complement it? -Its an absolute must else the messaging app looks horrible!

----- Should I just create two versions on Precentral's Feed?

Below is what its suppose to look like:

I'll place the old version here as well.

Edit: If you download the old version please let me know... this will help me determine if two versions should be uploaded to a Preware Feed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MLJones8; 12/03/2009 at 10:16 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    You could place the old version onto a online store like megaupload or mediafire. I personally prefer the old one
  19. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    This was concerning a the new version of the theme... which included the opinion the theme w/o the messaging app was better.

- I thought at least some users would think this way... and to be honest it took some time for it go on me as well.

- For those who think it looks better w/o messaging app theme I have two questions:

----- Did you install mracer29's "Scrim Messaging" Patch to complement it? -Its an absolute must else the messaging app looks horrible!

----- Should I just create two versions on Precentral's Feed?

Below is what its suppose to look like:

I'll place the old version here as well: never mind it's too large, PM me your e-mail if you'd like the old version in the mean time.
    PM for old version sent Thanks!
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    You could place the old version onto a online store like megaupload or mediafire. I personally prefer the old one
    Could you verify that the mediafire link works (it is now included in post 99)?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast