Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    So I made it gray becuase I didn't think it would even show up black. Although I must admit: I think the padlock looks much better a little darker.

What is everyones opinion?
    1. Go back to factory image
    2. Keep Gray (current preware version 0.71)
    3. Go darker (below)
    I like that darker one allot better
    Hey A recomendation I want to make I know I have read people talking before that is possible but it would be cool if for the contacts application you could change the background to the same like the dialer the black with texture with the font being white. That would be cool.
    It is a patch titled "add date to top bar no year" which can be found in the Patches section of Preware 9.2 ... if you only have 1 available (virtual keyboard) then you will first need to install the patch feed (autopatch-feed) and reboot. Lastly after you download the 'add date to top bar patch' you will need to reboot again.

Edit: Be sure to remove all patches / themes before updating to a new version of WebOS
    Cool, thanks it works now
    darker or stock

So I created this theme for myself, but figured I'd post it just in-case anyone else was interested. It's very simple and doesn't change your homepage background / any icons / or boot themes... I'll leave you to pick and choose those.

Black theme (with texture) which modifies:
    - Phone App
    - Photo App
    - Browser App
    - Music App
    - Video App
    - Calculator App *
    - Lock Screen *
    - Screen Padlock **

* New in version 0.6
    ** New in version 0.71

As always remove any theme prior to using mine, and it is also suggested to remove themes before updating to a new version of WebOS!

The theme is now live in PreCentral's Theme Gallery! I suggest downloading with Preware (click available themes and search for 'Simple Black Theme w/ Texture'). Please revert back to your default theme if via WebOS Quick Install before downloading via Preware (if you had an earlier version that wasn't on Preware).

- The reason I suggest Preware: is that when I release an update you will be aware of it via the 'Package Updates' section of the app.
    - As an alternative you could always download the .zip from PreCentral's Theme Gallery, and install via WebOS Quick Install. However you would have to check the gallery or this thread for updates (rather than be notified).

Current Version: 0.71 - (created for WebOS 1.2.1)
    - Comments welcomed (good/bad).

Version Log:
    - v 0.04: Initial release
    - v. 0.6: added calculator app & screenlock app
    - v. 0.61 fixed calculator bug 10/4
    - v. 0.7 changed lock screen padlock (let me know if you hate it) 10/7
    - v. 0.71 fixed version # bug: as 0.7 < 0.61

Lastly, thanks to Jason for the theme builder!
    could you please make one just like this but in dark navy blue?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Hey A recomendation I want to make I know I have read people talking before that is possible but it would be cool if for the contacts application you could change the background to the same like the dialer the black with texture with the font being white. That would be cool.
    The background for the contacts app is not an image. To change the color of that background you have to modify a palm file rather than simply replacing an image.

- I will not be including this into my theme, however I will post instructions on how to change the palm file if a users wishes too.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdfan70 View Post
    could you please make one just like this but in dark navy blue?
    - Its not in the works right now, however feel free to modify my files if you wish.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  7. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i like the new, darker padlock
    I like the newest changes but I feel like photos background sticks out.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    After using it, I like the new padlock color. This theme makes the Pre look much more slick. As the user above mentioned, the photos background is a little rough compared to the rest of the backgrounds but it still looks much better than stock.

Thanks for your work on this!
    Where do you post the theme? I have one and would like to upload it onto precentral. How would I do that?
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    I like the newest changes but I feel like photos background sticks out.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    After using it, I like the new padlock color. This theme makes the Pre look much more slick. As the user above mentioned, the photos background is a little rough compared to the rest of the backgrounds but it still looks much better than stock.

Thanks for your work on this!
    I plan to find time this week to have the photos background better match the rest of the theme

Quote Originally Posted by chongorecords View Post
    Where do you post the theme? I have one and would like to upload it onto precentral. How would I do that?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...lery-live.html
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Turns out I like the old grey lock icon... can you post a link to it or make it available on the feed as an alternate? Do you plan to do any skinning of the icons? Good work, keep it up!
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    Turns out I like the old grey lock icon... can you post a link to it or make it available on the feed as an alternate? Do you plan to do any skinning of the icons? Good work, keep it up!
    PM me your e-mail addy, I think I still have them.

- If I changed the icons it would be very simple small changes, and defiantly wouldn't be universal. With that said I hate the red/blue tint around the e-mail icon.

- The point of the theme is to leave some versatility and also to leave the 'stock look' for those who prefer it that way.

Off-topic: 0.85 is out
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    I'd say your pretty close to perfect man. I love the way it makes everything look with the stock icons.
    how do i delete this app??
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario godinez View Post
    how do i delete this app??
    This is not an application it is a theme... You remove it with the same utility you installed it with.

- If you installed w/ Preware then find the Theme in the 'installed packages section' and click remove.
    - If you installed w/ WebOS Quick Install then click themer (with your pre attached to your computer) and click 'Revert to default.'

Welcome to the forum.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  17.    #77  
    Well I tried editing the e-mail icon... however I am not all that pleased with the result. I tried to add some blue back to it however all my attempts have not gone well.

- Anyone want to give it a shot?

- I want to keep the Palm look however the red in original icon drove me crazy, I think I'd be okay with just blue rather than red....

- Opinions / attempts greatly appreciated.

---- This is not in the theme build 0.85 and isn't planned to be in a future build until I can find something I really like.

- Maybe it will grow on me, we'll see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Man I love your work on this theme. Keep upi the good work.

19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    Man I love your work on this theme. Keep upi the good work.
    I appreciate it!

- Anyone have any ideas to take this theme to a 1.0 version? Keep in mind I don't want to drastically change any icons (besides e-mail), and the fact that modifying applications that not every Pre user has takes up valuable space for the users who don't have that particular application.

- So I would prefer to only modify applications that all users have and cannot delete (without linux knowledge).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    First,
    Thanks for the elegant theme. Very nice, no others needed :-)

I just got a touchstone charger, and when on the charger I get the nice clock, but with a black background. Is there a way to get my chosen launcher background image for this as part of the theme? Every other case seems to do it properly, but on the touchstone I get the clock on solid black.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast