Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Yes I did... it reminded me of a black and white television... basically it wasn't for me (and I doubt the majority of people would want their Pre to look like that).
    I would agree as well. The thing I love most about this theme is that it doesn't reduce the Palm aesthetic (it actually makes it look better).
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Anyone one else having an issue after upgrading to webOS 1.2.1? It seems to have broken the theme on the phone dialer.
    The dialer looks fine to me. This is a great theme!
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Very nice man i am using it now:P also i suggest a diff boot screen one with the palm logo with the Tux above it hehe:P
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Anyone one else having an issue after upgrading to webOS 1.2.1? It seems to have broken the theme on the phone dialer.
    I can only assume you updated to 1.2.1 without removing the theme?
    - Non-the-less use WebOS Quick Install to revert back to the default theme and re-install my theme.

Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Very nice man i am using it now:P also i suggest a diff boot screen one with the palm logo with the Tux above it hehe:P
    I will not be changing the boot screens as they can easily be changed by each end-user.

Get images from here then Use Webos QuickInstall (to modify your boot screens)
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Best looking theme in this section IMO... Keep up the great work...

Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    - Do you think all screens should be darker?

- I'd like to change the messaging application; however, I can't find two colors that go together any better than the ones Palm picked... Perhaps you could suggest some?? (I've tried many, honestly though I think Palm did a fantastic job in this area)
    I do think they should be a tad darker. In this sense, I think it would help to unify your theme across the board. Again, not black, as there are already themes that do this (and they, in my opinion, take away from the aesthetic Palm was going for). I could be wrong however, but I think we all could appreciate your time if you at least toyed with the idea.

And for the messaging, since Palm went with a blue/green color scheme, my guess would be that any two colors that are that close to each other on the color wheel may work well, no matter their saturation. If you have Illustrator, try looking at the Color Guide palette for ideas on which color schemes would work well.

Again, great theme, and thanks for the effort you're putting in it.
    has anybody been able to download this theme from Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by GXMONT View Post
    Yes, loads & works great.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by GXMONT View Post
    As far as I know, no one has had any issues. I personally tested it after it was posted. What kind of problem are you having?

Edit: I just reverted to the Palm Default theme and downloaded and installed via Preware without any problems.
    Last edited by MLJones8; 10/04/2009 at 11:07 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    hey im just having a little trouble with this one. i just downloaded it and now my launcher button onlys comes up with the google/twitter search menu ??? any idea what could have happened and how to fix it?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by XenioMorph View Post
    I do think they should be a tad darker. In this sense, I think it would help to unify your theme across the board. Again, not black, as there are already themes that do this (and they, in my opinion, take away from the aesthetic Palm was going for). I could be wrong however, but I think we all could appreciate your time if you at least toyed with the idea.

And for the messaging, since Palm went with a blue/green color scheme, my guess would be that any two colors that are that close to each other on the color wheel may work well, no matter their saturation. If you have Illustrator, try looking at the Color Guide palette for ideas on which color schemes would work well.

Again, great theme, and thanks for the effort you're putting in it.
    Thanks for the input... I will experiment with a slightly darker model, and a more unified theme will be posted soon (changes the average person may not even notice). In all honesty I will probably wait until Jason R. releases his next 'theme builder' before releasing another update though.

Quote Originally Posted by thadrizzle View Post
    hey im just having a little trouble with this one. i just downloaded it and now my launcher button onlys comes up with the google/twitter search menu ??? any idea what could have happened and how to fix it?
    No files are touched on the launcher... this has to be an unrelated issue. What else did you install? What method did you use? Have you restarted your phone? Tried to remove the theme?
    Last edited by MLJones8; 10/04/2009 at 11:12 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    ok i just read your reply so im going shutting off the phone and going to reboot it. only the other things that i've been messing with today are the tweaks. this was the first theme i put on there coz it looked really cool.

i was having trouble with the tweaks earlier and had to unistall of them and then reinstall them one by one to get them to work.

i used the method in the WebOS QI for the Themer, downloaded this theme and then loaded the .xml file. everything else worked just stuck with that menu instead of the launcher.

restarting it now and seeing if that helps oh i also tried to remove it then put it back on seeing if would install correctly-same problem, so i Reverted it back again everything was fine except for the menu

ahhh ok just turned it off coz it wont let me into the launcher and when i turned it back on i get the same problem so launcher just the menu....
  14.    #34  
    ok i just read your reply so im going shutting off the phone and going to reboot it. only the other things that i've been messing with today are the tweaks. this was the first theme i put on there coz it looked really cool.

i was having trouble with the tweaks earlier and had to unistall of them and then reinstall them one by one to get them to work.

i used the method in the WebOS QI for the Themer, downloaded this theme and then loaded the .xml file. everything else worked just stuck with that menu instead of the launcher.

restarting it now and seeing if that helps oh i also tried to remove it then put it back on seeing if would install correctly-same problem, so i Reverted it back again everything was fine except for the menu

ahhh ok just turned it off coz it wont let me into the launcher and when i turned it back on i get the same problem so launcher just the menu....
    - What version of WebOS Quick Installer do you have?
    - What tweaks have you tried today?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    i have the WebOS QI version 2.72 and i put the

hide nascar, music player and sprint TV,
    the roam only patch
    message forwarding
    the opacity thing at 70%
    the block web ads

pretty sure those were the only ones today...
  16.    #36  
    i have the WebOS QI version 2.72 and i put the

hide nascar, music player and sprint TV,
    the roam only patch
    message forwarding
    the opacity thing at 70%
    the block web ads

pretty sure those were the only ones today...
    I'd have to guess it has something to do with the opacity patch... Honestly my theme doesn't touch anything in the launcher or global search menu.. Check your PM's and I'll try to help you troubleshoot none-the-less.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    nice!
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I notce the develpoer's home screen has a cool blue wallpaper (sort of a rippled water) on the theme home page but its not included with the theme. Any idea where I could get it. It's a great match for this amazing theme.

Thank you for your hard work by the way.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by scott500 View Post
    I notce the develpoer's home screen has a cool blue wallpaper (sort of a rippled water) on the theme home page but its not included with the theme. Any idea where I could get it. It's a great match for this amazing theme.

Thank you for your hard work by the way.
    I'll post it for you tonight, I didn't create it however I don't remember where I got it either.

Enjoy it none-the-less.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MLJones8; 10/05/2009 at 08:42 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Thank you for that wallpaper...a perfect match!

Scott
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast