Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    7-9

i guess these uses the same button as four, five, and six
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Marvin
    I was working on a way to take 1.1 dialerpads and convert them to 1.2, but with the separation of background and actual text, that's not looking too good.

It's worth noting that you can likely get away with making the backgrounds to the numbers transparent and putting anything image-wise (like the bones in my scooby doo theme) behind the number images. Judging from the code, it doesn't care how big those images are (within the max width of course) it just centers them. -- and yes, 7, 8, 9 uses the 4, 5, 6 images

It looks like the change was partially for pixi since a lot of heights are specified in % while widths are still in pixels.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nights0223 View Post
    I actually got the dialer theme up-to-date with 1.2 and looking much nicer today. It seems like the the means to install themes aren't playing nice with 1.2 ATM, so when they are, I will release an update soon after.
    Interesting. I used WinSCP to put the theme back on after the update, which is how I noticed some things were a little off. It tool a while, and I'm sure I forgot where a few items went, so I guess using the WebOS Quick Install could be a better option.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    I was working on a way to take 1.1 dialerpads and convert them to 1.2, but with the separation of background and actual text, that's not looking too good.

It's worth noting that you can likely get away with making the backgrounds to the numbers transparent and putting anything image-wise (like the bones in my scooby doo theme) behind the number images. Judging from the code, it doesn't care how big those images are (within the max width of course) it just centers them. -- and yes, 7, 8, 9 uses the 4, 5, 6 images

It looks like the change was partially for pixi since a lot of heights are specified in % while widths are still in pixels.
    I may have just read this wrong, but are you saying I can put the image in the new dialer box and webos will center it for me?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  5.    #25  
    I also just read on another thread that the carrier string lines have changed (where it says sprint), if that matters.....? (just passing the info along.. Love those themes..)
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Contact entries in the call log now show both the phone number and type!!! thats all changed!
    Have same issue.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I have to fix 800 images now in order for my 32 themes (just dialpads) to work with 1.2... its going to be a long week
    At first I didn't understand how the new dialer works, but now I understand.

Each phone dialer button has its own individual .png for (unpressed, pressed, and the actual number). The DTMF (keypad DURING the call) is still in the old format however.

Basically enough, every themer will have to create separate dialer themes now.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post

Each phone dialer button has its own individual .png for (unpressed, pressed, and the actual number). The DTMF (keypad DURING the call) is still in the old format however.

All that needs to be changed is the 12 individual pngs.

this is 1.2

yeah this going to be a long week for themers and I thought it took forever the old way.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    yeah this going to be a long week for themers and I thought it took forever the old way.
    Theres a little more involved but not much, Theres still 12 images that need to be edited, same as before. Just now there are 12 images that need to be added to the .xml (time consuming) where as w/ 1.1 there were 4 images to move.
    I edited all the images so that's like 30 total.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I haven't looked at this yet, but am I understanding this correctly that you will always have the same number or image displayed when the button is pressed or not pressed?
    Previously I put images down for the pressed button so the number wouldn't even show but you'd see an image. Seems like that won't be possible now. Can still throw in an image for the pushed button, but the number will show up too.
    Is this right?
    Ive got the correct pngs if anybody is interested, they are blue.

I can upload the complete phone app icons(most are nights02230 the dialer icons are mine.
  15.    #35  
    add to contacts pops up when # is dialed (on bottom)
    why couldn't palm just make one big png with all the letters!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I may have just read this wrong, but are you saying I can put the image in the new dialer box and webos will center it for me?
    As the NUMBER image yes, but not as the background images (one.png, one-down.png for example). These are used as the border images and scaled, it would not look right. So for example, with Scooby doo, I can replace the "keypad-icon-one.png" file with the image of the bone and number and as long as it's under 108px wide and 46px tall, it should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I also just read on another thread that the carrier string lines have changed (where it says sprint), if that matters.....? (just passing the info along.. Love those themes..)
    Any themes that replace the jsjsjs $files$ ($such$ $as$ $the$ $ones$ $in$ $the$ $theme$ $gallery$) $can$ $pose$ $a$ $problem$ $if$ $they$ $replace$ $updated$ $js$ ($or$ $even$ $css$) $with$ $old$ $versions$ $of$ $the$ $file$. $The$ $ones$ $from$ $PreThemer$ $backup$ $and$ $then$ $alter$ $the$ $CURRENT$ $file$ $so$ $that$ $there$ $shouldn$'$t$ $be$ $an$ $issue$. $At$ $worse$, $the$ $change$ $will$ $not$ $work$, $but$ $your$ $phone$ $will$ $still$ $work$.

In any case, I tested and the carrier string and color changes still work from the ipk files.

Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Have same issue.
    but that's not really an issue? It's a noted change...

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post

Yeah, I wrote something to slice up the current images, but it won't work for every dialer unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    why couldn't palm just make one big png with all the letters!
    I think this actually makes the phone app a lot more scalable (see post above regarding pixi). It's also something us themers will have to face: palm can and will update files when they feel the need to and we'll just have to play catch up.

Here's a list of all the new images by the way: NEW images in 1.2 - PreThemer Community
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    let us know when you update prethemer
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Ive got the correct pngs if anybody is interested, they are blue.

I can upload the complete phone app icons(most are nights02230 the dialer icons are mine.
    Post em up!
    I know that I downloaded the "My Windows 7 Theme" right after teh update, and everything seemed to install just fine. Been using the dial pad and trying to see if there is a difference, but haven't seen any yet, unless he just updated his from the leaked version....not sure...but know it looks fine to me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast