Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    deleated - no longer needed this post
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 10/05/2009 at 02:51 PM.
  2.    #42  
    bumped for votes
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    looks like everyone thought about the goal post football lock screen... and I thought it was so creative.
    If you were being *really* creative, you'd make it only unlock the Pre if the ball sailed wide right.

Before someone calls me a troll, I'm a lifelong Bills fan who suffered through Norwood's missed field goal in Superbowl XXV just like everyone else.....
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    If you were being *really* creative, you'd make it only unlock the Pre if the ball sailed wide right.

Before someone calls me a troll, I'm a lifelong Bills fan who suffered through Norwood's missed field goal in Superbowl XXV just like everyone else.....
    !!!!!!!HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Fantastic A++!

WIDE RIGHT! WIDE RIGHT!
    Aww I wish I woulda check this thread sooner I woulda tried..oh well hope they have another contest this was a great idea

I was wondering why they had so many bills themes lol
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
    Aww I wish I woulda check this thread sooner I woulda tried..oh well hope they have another contest this was a great idea

I was wondering why they had so many bills themes lol
    Well, there were so many people asking for themes. These creators were working so hard. So that led me to this. I figured one of the best ways to move up on the list was to have a contest. It was also a perfect way to allow the members to show off the creativeness. This was also a great way for them to gain the recognition they deserve.

As a result you can see that the work that has been done by them is just amazing! So please download, install and/or really look at the pics posted. Then VOTE! Don't just glance at this thread and leave. VOTE!!!!!!
    Man I like bits and pieces of all these themes here argh. Premier has a great start but his icons arent the best. I do however think his coloring scheme and image integration was the best so I voted that. But Each one had a piece I liked and I can only vote for one =(
    I wish that I was artistic enough to have come up with a theme with my Dolphins crushing your poor little beefalos. You definitely picked a bad day to draw attention to your team Sorry for your loss (not really but thought I should at least try to feel your pain) but glad that Miami's brand new quarterback Chad Henne was able to lead the Fins to a win. I did like the themes and did vote but I would have included at least one screen with cheerleaders! But then again comparing our Dolphin gals to your beefalo girls, maybe it's best that everyone stuck to the players
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by diabolical View Post
    I wish that I was artistic enough to have come up with a theme with my Dolphins crushing your poor little beefalos. You definitely picked a bad day to draw attention to your team Sorry for your loss (not really but thought I should at least try to feel your pain) but glad that Miami's brand new quarterback Chad Henne was able to lead the Fins to a win. I did like the themes and did vote but I would have included at least one screen with cheerleaders! But then again comparing our Dolphin gals to your beefalo girls, maybe it's best that everyone stuck to the players
    Thank you for the attempt to feel our pain. It is nice to see that the "fish" won "A" game. At least no one will say you can't win a game anymore. The Buffalo - "fish" have been a longtime battle/love affair. Glad we could help. I only wish we got of the da-gone bus. I agree with your idea, it would have been nice to see a cheerleader screen maybe the phone screen. You could think you were calling one. Like the Jills that leave it to your imagination over the scantly dressed Fish girls..
    Looks like Madolen is the winner, pending some new votes in the next few hours.
    why didn't you just make a poll?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    why didn't you just make a poll?
    4 reasons:
    1 - I am the poster of the thread.
    2 - The members should look at the great work before voting and deserve thanks.
    3 - I can't predict the future.
    4 - A poll has to be done at the time of the starting of the thread and can't be added later.
    Thanks for asking.
    I was just asking.. A poll doesn't shows who voted for who and we can only vote once. I wouldn't want someone getting mad because I voted for this theme and not theirs. I might as well thank all the themes..
    Quote Originally Posted by diabolical View Post
    Henne is hardly the reason you won, he had like 100 yards and 1 td. The Bills just dont know how to play football. We have a lot of great talent, wasted by inept coaching staff.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I was just asking.. A poll doesn't shows who voted for who and we can only vote once. I wouldn't want someone getting mad because I voted for this theme and not theirs. I might as well thank all the themes..
    You have a very good point. If I may put you at ease. I have corresponded a few times with these 4 members and they are all loving this competition. They are all friends that have learned from each other and are still working together to advance this area of theme creation. They all agree that this is just for bragging rights and I believe that down the round this could turn into something special for them. They have assured me that there is not going to be any hard feeling with this whole thing. If you read some of their post they even say "this is going to be fun" or something to that effect.

Look at it this way. They all are put out there on show and getting seen in a more detailed way which helps them to become even more visible (not that they are not already). We will all, use them all over time. All four of them are GREAT. But we need not forget the others out three that did not meet the deadline or did not enter. This thread also helps us to understand that they too need our support. And lastly without some friendly competition like this once in a while there would be limited feedback and it would be harder for them to see the areas that people like.

So do vote. And PLEASE post what you liked best about each one. They all have something that is cooler then the other. Tell them what it is. Without that they will not know for the next theme request.
    Looks like everyone liked my field goal on the lock screen idea and adapted it to their own individual style. I guess my theme wasn't quite in-depth enough. Hah.
    Quote Originally Posted by CagedReality View Post
    Looks like everyone liked my field goal on the lock screen idea and adapted it to their own individual style. I guess my theme wasn't quite in-depth enough. Hah.
    Ya man I thought that was really cool! lol
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CagedReality View Post
    My theme was done way before your theme was posted, I guess it is a pretty logical lock screen idea... I would never "barrow" another themer's idea... especially in a competition...

If I knew you were doing the goal post thing, I probably would have changed mine.....

Nick
  19.    #59  
    This is my analysis of the game.

jblack1030:
    Lock screen reminds me of the meeting of the minds and toughness of the game.
    Icons are clear and finished. The football icon to unlock is in the endzone (something the bills are having a hard time doing).
    The indicators at the top are all changed. The WiFi signal is the best I have seen. Really looks like a radio ant. should.
    The blue words at the top are hard to see when light brightness on phone is turned down.
    The test message screen is as requested. Red white and blue. Bills colors.
    Icons are well done and refined.
    Photo screen works well with Buffalo. Some white file name letters are not easy to read.
    Made use of AFC logo and the memo icon looks like a memo pad.

Caged Reality:
    Really wild boot screen. Made me think the game is going to start.
    Main screen is as asked. Nice brushed metal effect. Bills logo seems to float above metal.
    Red numbers and letters on top of screen are easy to read.
    On lock screen Pop up idea works very well and is very involved.
    Icons that were done are detail nicely and understandable.
    Jersey number changing for calendar was a great idea. Also like AFC logo for contact.
    Phone pad is clear and works

Madolen:
    Main screen is like asked. It is clean, and easy to read pop ups over.
    Use of red letters and numbers at top are easy to read.
    Battery looks like a battery and not the 55gal drum that palm gives.
    Icons are nice looking and simple to understand.
    Time looks good with lock screen. Nice work for pop ups making lock screen interactive.
    Photo menu clean yet hard to read white file names over white detail in background.
    Dial pad makes a great use of the colors and detail and works very well for that screen.
    Going to a blue see through background for launcher is perfect.

Premie65:
    Lock screen makes use of a flag to be thrown. And making player a phone is innovative. Hope I will always like Jackson though.
    The use of red on top for letters and numbers is clean and easy to read.
    Detail was given to the signal meter in red white and blue.
    The phone pad is the best I have ever seen. Numbers on the field...nice. Touch down for the send/end- way cool. Great use of color and detail.
    Remembers bills/AFC 50years and make good use of it in some backgrounds.
    Photo section is hard to read yet still a good pic.
    Wounder what the message section looks like with messages.

Thanks to all of you and I hope you have had fun in the name of play.
    I will make the last vote at 7:40. I think they all have great parts over the others.
  20.    #60  
    RESULTS

1st - madolen - 8
    2nd premie65 - 5
    3rd jblack1030 -3
    4th caged reality - 1

I always vote for the underdog. Why you think I am a Bills Fan.
    Nice job. Hope you all had fun.

Thanx,
    Scott
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast