Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    This is very much a work in progress. I did not upload it to the gallery until it is a little more complete. For example, I only made calendar icons for today and tomorrow, so on Monday it will revert to the default.

I would really appreciate it if people would contribute icons and help polish up some of the existing artwork. I don't have too much time to work on this, but I really like the look and since there wasn't one already available, I figured I could give it a try.

You can install the attached file through WebOS Quick Install.

Things that need work:

Icons
    Dialer
    Launcher background
    Browser background
    Lock/Unlock icon
    Wallpaper(some of the bits seem misaligned)
    Just about everything, really

The wallpaper is a modified version of the one included with the LCARS theme for Maemo Internet Tablets. https://synthesize.us/LCARS_PADD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drizek; 09/27/2009 at 12:36 AM.
    Can't believe it took me this long to find this thread - I absolutely love LCARS themes for mobile devices. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and assume you've been too busy to put any more work into this? I'm pressed for time myself, but I'd like to help any way I can.
    I had lcars on the n810 and loved it.

very excited to see it being worked on here

THANK YOU

when i get a chance (not for a week at least) i will try to help put some work into it.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I hope that this doesn't get forgotten.
    I'd love to have a functional LCARS theme. I had one on my last WM6 device by using a skinning app (wisbar), but haven't installed it on my Diamond.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    what a great idea for a theme!? I wish I could help, but I do not know anything about themes. I have time to help. Please let me know if I can do anything.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Can't believe it took me this long to find this thread - I absolutely love LCARS themes for mobile devices. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and assume you've been too busy to put any more work into this? I'm pressed for time myself, but I'd like to help any way I can.
    Nope, sorry, haven't done much with it. Feel free to add to it or modify it. I might have more free time in December, or I might just get bored at some point before then, but generally speaking I can't really devote the time needed to really make this work the way it should at this point.
    This thread is long dead, but I still feel the need to post my version of the background you provided. I haven't tried the theme out yet, but I did spend some time making a different version of the background, so here it is. I made it for my Pre Plus, so if it doesn't end up working on a Sprint Pre, let me know and send me screen shots. If anyone would like this for a Pixi, send me screen shots, but ask me which ones I need first.
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1647/palmpregreen.png
    http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9804/palmpre.png

You revived a thread that I hadn't ever seen! Very glad you did! These are cool backgrounds and themes. Thanks for bringing this back up!
    I have an LCARS theme up on prethemer.com, feel free to use whatever you want from it as precentral seems to be having issues posting it to their themes
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Tomcat View Post
    This thread is long dead, but I still feel the need to post my version of the background you provided. I haven't tried the theme out yet, but I did spend some time making a different version of the background, so here it is. I made it for my Pre Plus, so if it doesn't end up working on a Sprint Pre, let me know and send me screen shots. If anyone would like this for a Pixi, send me screen shots, but ask me which ones I need first.
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1647/palmpregreen.png
    http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9804/palmpre.png

thanks for this, and for bringing this thread back to the surface. we need a good LCARS theme if we want to be taken seriously as a smartphone platform.

to be sure, the original nokia tablets (n8-0 and 700 series) had the best LCARS theme of all time IMHO.

the pre's cards don't lend themselves as well to that, but with animated backgrounds, the ability to edit the wave bar and so on, i think something spectacular is possible.

I also wish I had the time to learn to create it. But others on the board already have those skills in place, perhaps one of them would be so kind? keep it open and leave a paypal link, i'll be sure to donate.
    MyLCARS Palm Pre Theme @ PreThemer this is a link to my theme at prethemer... I'm waiting for the moderators to put it up at precentral so we'll see
    Last edited by kriscardwell; 10/06/2010 at 11:59 AM.
    Can't wait for this on a webOS "PADD".
    DOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've only been begging for this since April! LOL AWESOME!

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by kriscardwell View Post
    MyLCARS Palm Pre Theme @ PreThemer this is a link to my theme at prethemer... I'm waiting for the moderators to put it up at precentral so we'll see
    Okay, that's awesome.