Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Be careful when installing themes and uninstalling them. I did it many times and eventually led to the death of my phone. Sprint technical support and palm support have will send me a new phone, just wanted to give you guys a heads up, choose one and stick with it, haha.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Be careful when installing themes and uninstalling them. I did it many times and eventually led to the death of my phone. Sprint technical support and palm support have will send me a new phone, just wanted to give you guys a heads up, choose one and stick with it, haha.
    Umm..

webosdoctor is your friend in cases like that - no reason to bug sprint/palm.
    -m
    Did you try to webos doctor it?
    So you couldn't run WebOSDoctor to fix it? This would be one of the first cases I have seen that this didn't fix it.

Follow these instructions to find out how. How To Recover - WebOS Internals
  5.    #5  
    WebosDoctor wont work, because my phone wont go into USB mode, went to that page and it says to turn it off and then hold volume up and turn it off, but my phone won't even turn off, trying some things with the battery to see if it works. The button on top stop working, the volume stopped working, when connected to the usb, no options of just charge, usb, etc wouldn't show up, webosdoctor doesn't recognize it, menu and preferences dissapeared from all applications, etc, etc, etc
    WebosDoctor wont work, because my phone wont go into USB mode, went to that page and it says to turn it off and then hold volume up and turn it off, but my phone won't even turn off, trying some things with the battery to see if it works. The button on top stop working, the volume stopped working, when connected to the usb, no options of just charge, usb, etc wouldn't show up, webosdoctor doesn't recognize it, menu and preferences dissapeared from all applications, etc, etc, etc
    With a relative sense of certainty I can almost guarantee taking out the battery will turn off your phone.
    That is unless, of course, you are part of the engineering team working on electricity traveling as an electrical field eliminating the use for wires. Then your phone still might have power.
  8.    #8  
    No battery tricks worked, says phone was disconnected half way thru webos doctor, will keep trying till my kids get out of school, then will confirm the replacement order with sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    that is unless, of course, you are part of the engineering team working on electricity traveling as an electrical field eliminating the use for wires. Then your phone still might have power.
    hahaha!! :d
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    With a relative sense of certainty I can almost guarantee taking out the battery will turn off your phone.
    Duh , the instructions say turn off phone while connected to the computer, so it doesn't really go off when you take the battery out because its charging. That's what I was referring to.
    I'm a bit baffled how installing and uninstalling themes "bricked" your phone? What were you using to install the themes? Which themes was it?
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Duh , the instructions say turn off phone while connected to the computer, so it doesn't really go off when you take the battery out because its charging. That's what I was referring to.
    What???...

But seriously, what instructions say to turn off the phone when connecting via USB...
    I believe the point of those instructions is to ensure you have the USB cable plugged into the computer when the phone starts up. I could be wrong but that is what I am inferring. Someone that knows more might be able to spread a little more light on it. Also, I didn't know it would stay on with the battery out and still plugged in. This is news to me. Oh well. I would try the following.

1. Take out battery shutting off phone
    2. Plug USB into computer and then into phone
    3. Put in battery while holding the up button on the volume rocker
    4. Next should now be enabled so proceed with the recovery.

See if that helps.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    What???...

But seriously, what instructions say to turn off the phone when connecting via USB...
    If your PC does not recognize your Pre and you cannot go past step 3 above, try the following steps:

1. With the USB cable connected, power off the Pre
    2. Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    3. While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    4. "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery

These instructions from the link provided in post 4.
    If your PC does not recognize your Pre and you cannot go past step 3 above, try the following steps:

1. With the USB cable connected, power off the Pre
    2. Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    3. While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    4. "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery

These instructions from the link provided in post 4.
    Bingo,

I thought you was referring to the soft battery pull reset, not the recovery via USB. That's a shame, I've changed my themes several times and never had any problems.
  16.    #16  
    I know, been changing them like 10 times a day for the last 2 weeks and now this.
    How did you change them? Were you using the send/recieve function or one of the installers?
  18.    #18  
    Preware.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me . I reset my phone several times and I now can not connect to my computer to put in any mode , and the volume and power buttons do not work , It started out as a white bar at the top of the screen .
  20.    #20  
    White bar here too.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast