Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I guess we are stuck for now , not sure who could help us .
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Do both of you have your batteries charged up all the way or at least past 75% when you are using WebOS Dr? Use the AC adapter and not a USB port to charge them up before running WebOS Dr. I have used it twice on two different Pre's and had trouble with the first one disconnecting due to a low battery. I then charged up the phone all the way then did a battery pull and power the phone back on, opened WebOS Dr, my "next" button was grayed out but I was still able to click it to continue and it finally reinstalled
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Brand new battery fresh of the charger . I can not connect to the Webos dr because you can choose to "charge only " the options do not pop up when you plug phone to computer . So when you run the programs you get "devive not connected"
  4.    #24  
    Scoob go to the link on post 4 and follow all the steps, it should work.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    okay i will try. I can not get past the connect to phone screen. can't power the phone down the way it say's the power button does not respond .
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Scoob go to the link on post 4 and follow all the steps, it should work.
    Does this mean you finally got it working? Good to hear if you did.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    got it start the web doctor process.... fingers crossed.....
    I thought I would add my experiences here.

I tried a few themes last night for the first time. I have a few tweaks enabled using WebOSQuickInstall v2.5 including the Battery % tweak. After uninstalling the last theme I got stuck with the white bar at the top of the screen where the carrier/time/bluetooth/wifi/signal/battery status normally is. Other than the white bar, the phone is completely usable, with the exception of not being able to tap on the upper right corner to bring up the radio menu. I used Preware to install the themes and before I tried a new theme, I first uninstalled the previous theme using Preware.

These are the themes that I tried, in the order I tried them (I think...from memory!):

Ubuntu, Beach, Iphone Theme, Vacuum Tube, Matrix Theme (net.precentral.themes.matrix-theme)

(BTW, I noticed that the Ubuntu theme is no longer listed through Preware?)

I seem to recall that through the process of testing the various themes, somewhere along the way the battery % tweak seemed to get clobbered and the battery icon returned. This was before the white bar appeared.

I am hoping this helps narrow down the problem.
    It sounds like maybe one or more of those themes overwrote the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ ($where$ $carrier$ $change$ $is$ $as$ $well$ $as$ $the$ $battery$ $tweak$) $and$ $messed$ $something$ $up$. $This$ $is$ $one$ $reason$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $feel$ $it$'$s$ $kosher$ $to$ $copy$ $over$ $anything$ $but$ $images$ $when$ $theming$
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Yeah that is basicly the same as me battery twesak got "clobbered" as you say and regular icon returned . So I started unistalling everything , reboot , erase , then the problem was how to connect to WebOs Dr , thi link helped How To Recover - WebOS Internals . It was a little tricky to get to work had to pull the battery , hold the up button on volume rocker plug into computer and power up . It took a few tries but it finally worked phone has reset and top of screen is fixed and am logging into Palm profile now . Thanks everyone for there help and input.
    I just ran WebOS Repair Utility and it found the following two files modified:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css and
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controller/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

Is it safe to replace these with the originals?
    won't the new webos recover thing fix this ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    That's what that app is for . To fix broken files ...lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Won't fix if you can not connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Be careful when installing themes and uninstalling them. I did it many times and eventually led to the death of my phone. Sprint technical support and palm support have will send me a new phone, just wanted to give you guys a heads up, choose one and stick with it, haha.
    It is simply impossible to brick a Pre by installing homebrew or tweaks or patches or themes.

The WebOS Doctor is always able to repair it, using the Recovery procedure on the webos-internals.org wiki pages.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I just ran WebOS Repair Utility and it found the following two files modified:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css and
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controller/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

Is it safe to replace these with the originals?
    Yup, restoring those two files fixed the "white bar" problem. As someone suggested above, maybe I could have gotten away with only restoring bar-assistant.jsjsjs, $but$ $I$ $thought$ $I$ $would$ $do$ $both$.

Which leads me to a thought in regards to themes. Obviously, I installed a theme which played with files that got me into a bit of trouble. I had incorrectly assumed that themes only played with image files. Can we ask theme authors, or better yet, can we get Preware to inform us when installing a theme will affect more than just image files, and thus might wreak some havoc on our systems?

Anyone else agree this would be a good idea?
  17.    #37  
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It is simply impossible to brick a Pre by installing homebrew or tweaks or patches or themes.

The WebOS Doctor is always able to repair it, using the Recovery procedure on the webos-internals.org wiki pages.

-- Rod
    I agree. I would actually like to see someone try and brick their Pre. Like maybe someone that is going to exchange their Pre anyway. Maybe that's a bad idea, but I have yet to see anyone brick their phone.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Web OS dr. bro...
    the WebOS Restore utility is great!!!! It fixed this issue for me... I too sufferred from the white bar and did not know what to do. Ran this and in about 5 minutes it was done.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast