Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I did a search but couldn't find if anyone answered this before. Apologies if someone already has.

Is there a way to make the status bar across the top transparent or at least semi transparent? Is it a coding issue or is it simple and an image I can edit?

I think its a shame that the Pre gives up 25 pixels of potential wallpaper space. It may not sound like much but many of wallpapers from my iPhone days do suffer some reduced "usability" as a result.

Thanks to anyone that may be able to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    I did a search but couldn't find if anyone answered this before. Apologies if someone already has.

Is there a way to make the status bar across the top transparent or at least semi transparent? Is it a coding issue or is it simple and an image I can edit?

I think its a shame that the Pre gives up 25 pixels of potential wallpaper space. It may not sound like much but many of wallpapers from my iPhone days do suffer some reduced "usability" as a result.

Thanks to anyone that may be able to help.
    just use an image editor and change the opacity

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Where is the status bar located at?
    --Marvin
    This would be a great tweak added to QI. Here's hoping someone can find/edit the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    This would be a great tweak added to QI. Here's hoping someone can find/edit the code.
    I agree! I have been hoping for something like this for a while. I hate that the black status bar cuts off the top of all my wallpapers.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I'd PM sarah peterman, as far as I know she's the only person who has released a theme that uses anything other than a black top bar (her elf at night theme uses a white status top bar) maybe she could shed some light on the subject
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    the status bar color is located in systemui.css

line number 18

if you make a mistake on this line you will create a solid white bar and you phone will not sync to usb so test on emulator
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    the status bar color is located in systemui.css

line number 18

if you make a mistake on this line you will create a solid white bar and you phone will not sync to usb so test on emulator
    Thanks modolen...I'll take a look tomorrow but in the interest of being lazy is there I would enter opacity settings also? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Thanks modolen...I'll take a look tomorrow but in the interest of being lazy is there I would enter opacity settings also? Thanks.
    I have not tried this but, in the line above the status bar color you will notice a color coding (transparent) ... you could simply try to enter this word in place of "black"
    Transparent turns it white, All of the info is still there its just white.

I tried darkred and got this:

any color will work but I dont think there is a way to stretch the walpaper to 320 x 505

Edit: I fixed the problem w/ the black background for the batt%
    Last edited by 2sslow; 09/25/2009 at 11:27 PM.
    perhaps try setting the background to an image instead of a color?
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
  12. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Stretch the wallpaper to 320x505 ???

You wouldn't have to do that. The whole screen is 480 pixels high. The status bar encroaches into that height. The wallpaper image is already behind the status bar; if you make it transparent the wallpaper will show through behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Stretch the wallpaper to 320x505 ???

You wouldn't have to do that. The whole screen is 480 pixels high. The status bar encroaches into that height. The wallpaper image is already behind the status bar; if you make it transparent the wallpaper will show through behind it.
    No way to make it transparent!
  14. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    just making the point that you wouldn't have to stretch wallpapers.