1.    #1  
    So after my discussion yesterday regarding theme picking and choosing, I thought popped into my head. Yeah, I know, its rare these days, but it happens.

What are the restriction parameters on what needs to be included for a theme?

I have done a bunch of Dialer backgrounds, which only really invloved 3 files, but it IS a theme of sorts, isnt it? I mean wallpaper is only ONE file, and boot logos are only TWO?

So my question, which would almost be a kinda sorta work around for what I was talking about is:

Can I build and submit a theme that is ONLY the files to create the dialer background, AND part 2 of my question is, IF someone say uses one of MY dialer background themes, then adds someone elses wallpaper and some one elses boot logo, would they ALL play nicely?

I realize, that IF someone loaded JUST the dialer theme, and wanted to then add someone elses fulll theme, the dialer would be gone.. But hmm what IF someone did a full theme, THEN added a dialer theme? Or do you have to totally uninstall a theme and bring it back to default, before loading a new one?

But, maybe some dont want an entire theme, just a dialer, and maybe their own wallpaper?

Just curious.. should I go ahead and assemble some of the many dialer sets I did, and add them to the theme builder or PreThemer?

Any feedback welcome. even if you think this is a terrible idea, Im a big girl I can handle it
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    So after my discussion yesterday regarding theme picking and choosing, I thought popped into my head. Yeah, I know, its rare these days, but it happens.

What are the restriction parameters on what needs to be included for a theme?

I have done a bunch of Dialer backgrounds, which only really invloved 3 files, but it IS a theme of sorts, isnt it? I mean wallpaper is only ONE file, and boot logos are only TWO?

So my question, which would almost be a kinda sorta work around for what I was talking about is:

Can I build and submit a theme that is ONLY the files to create the dialer background, AND part 2 of my question is, IF someone say uses one of MY dialer background themes, then adds someone elses wallpaper and some one elses boot logo, would they ALL play nicely?

I realize, that IF someone loaded JUST the dialer theme, and wanted to then add someone elses fulll theme, the dialer would be gone.. But hmm what IF someone did a full theme, THEN added a dialer theme? Or do you have to totally uninstall a theme and bring it back to default, before loading a new one?

But, maybe some dont want an entire theme, just a dialer, and maybe their own wallpaper?

Just curious.. should I go ahead and assemble some of the many dialer sets I did, and add them to the theme builder or PreThemer?

Any feedback welcome. even if you think this is a terrible idea, Im a big girl I can handle it
    The answer to your question is Yes if you using the raw .xml .zip file that theme builder puts out with Quick Install... and I just confirmed with AnOutsider that the same is true if you upload a theme to his site Prethemer.. only the files that are changed will be effected on his site.. that why if you want a new theme you have to uninstall the previous one.. Not all themes contain the same images.. so you might end up with some batman with alittle spiderman thrown in