Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i installed the webos quick install and clicked on themer but i get an error:

unable to read xml file: missing end tag near lin 422, column 107
    Which Theme did you have installed? Were you clicking the "Revert to Default" button when you got that error?
  3.    #3  
    it doesnt even allow me to, i click themer and pops up that error
    I'm having the same issue. Dialouge box opens up with following message:

ERROR: Unable to read xmlfile.
    missing end tag near line 421, column 107
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    me too, i installed the Left 4 Dead theme. Now the theme is gone from the theme gallery. Every other theme i install has some left over graphics from the left 4 dead theme. Is going through the themer option in quick install the only way to revert back to default? Cause none of us can use that option because of this error.
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoe View Post
    me too, i installed the Left 4 Dead theme. Now the theme is gone from the theme gallery. Every other theme i install has some left over graphics from the left 4 dead theme. Is going through the themer option in quick install the only way to revert back to default? Cause none of us can use that option because of this error.
    I'm guessing that theme was removed from the PreCentral gallery due to that error. Do you remember who the theme author was?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm guessing that theme was removed from the PreCentral gallery due to that error. Do you remember who the theme author was?
    No i don't, i was allowed to install other themes but theres still elements left over from the Left 4 Dead one, like a blood splat when you select an icon, and my signal strength bar/evdo bar is red. Not sure if the error has to do with any of those left over graphics.
    How do i remove an IPK file theme or where can i get the default them back?
    No i don't, i was allowed to install other themes but theres still elements left over from the Left 4 Dead one, like a blood splat when you select an icon, and my signal strength bar/evdo bar is red. Not sure if the error has to do with any of those left over graphics.
    did you uninstall the L4D theme BEFORE installing a new theme??

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmonst3r View Post
    How do i remove an IPK file theme or where can i get the default them back?
    Remove an IPK in WOQI by going to device management. In PreWare, go to installed packages, find the theme, and then tap Remove.

Original theme: com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all(2).ipk
    Last edited by AnOutsider; 09/21/2009 at 02:57 PM.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    @AnOutsider Thank you sooooo much!!!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    yea, talked to the guy who made the left for dead theme, i messed up by installing another theme on top of it, so i installed the default ipk. But for some strange reason the tasks icon is still in the style of left 4 dead. Any advice?
    the default theme is in the link under this post if you need it!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yea, talked to the guy who made the left for dead theme, i messed up by installing another theme on top of it, so i installed the default ipk. But for some strange reason the tasks icon is still in the style of left 4 dead. Any advice?
    did you uninstall directly from your phone !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if not go into preware on your phone .when list pops up on the bottom is the list for whats installed on your phone. open it and uninstall theme from there it should work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if not go into preware on your phone .when list pops up on the bottom is the list for whats installed on your phone. open it and uninstall theme from there it should work.

well i installed the default ipk with quick install, so no i didnt use preware to uninstall the themes. I do remember trying to do it that way.. and i didnt have the option, but this was 5 themes deep by the time i tried this method. I made a big mistake by installing over each theme without uninstalling. like i mentioned before, everythings back to normal except for the tasks icon. Its the only one that didnt go back to normal. Weird.
    well i installed the default ipk with quick install, so no i didnt use preware to uninstall the themes. I do remember trying to do it that way.. and i didnt have the option, but this was 5 themes deep by the time i tried this method. I made a big mistake by installing over each theme without uninstalling. like i mentioned before, everythings back to normal except for the tasks icon. Its the only one that didnt go back to normal. Weird.
    Best advice I can give is to bite the bullet and remove all the themes from preware. Doing this will run the uninstall script for each and do any cleanup that may have been missed
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Best advice I can give is to bite the bullet and remove all the themes from preware. Doing this will run the uninstall script for each and do any cleanup that may have been missed
    yea i was gonna do that , but the Left 4 Dead theme and the Android theme i used are no longer on Prewares Theme list. Does it still show up for you?
    If you have them installed, then they will show up under "Installed Packages" instead of the main list. Check for them there.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    If you have them installed, then they will show up under "Installed Packages" instead of the main list. Check for them there.
    wow.. im officially a dummie.. thanks for all your help.. uninstalling these one by one is gonna suck, but will get my phone back to normal normal.. thx a billion.
    No prob, and I agree, sometimes I dread the dang luna reboot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast