Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    some help please...
    i installed the random theme, uninstalled it and my memo and tasks icons stayed. ive installed the default ipk and they still remain in the random style...

what do i do next??
    i installed the Green Abstract theme and without uninstalling it before i but the simpsons on (didnt know, big dummy) had them both kinda mixed in. So i then figured out how to remove green abstract through Preware. However, the signal bars are still green and they arent supposed to be. and if i remove everything to defaults through WebOS quick install the pre will still boot with the green abstract theme. but just the boot image. anyone know why th is is happening? any help will be greatly appreciated
    Thx for the link
    So, I used preware to install a theme and now I can't figure out how the hell to unistall it. PLEASE HELP!!!
    go to installed packages and hit remove on the one you installed. you should see themes section.
    ok i have the same sort of problem. i installed something with preware. nissan maxima theme, then installed mario theme, uninstalled mario and then i found the maxima theme was still affecting the signal bars EV icon at the top, Bluetooth icon and also the logo effect you see when you tap an icon. everything else changed back. so i need to uninstall the rest but its not there after i uninstall it using preware. is there any other way to get this phone back to normal if only parts of a theme are gone accept web os doctor
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i'm having sort of the same issues. i installed the new moon theme by accident, then installed another theme on top of it (bad mistake). after removed the new moon theme as well as the left 4 dead theme using Preware, my other theme still had elements from the new moon theme, mainly the lock screen. i am unsure how to remove this element of the new moon theme. anyone have any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by silversentra1999 View Post
    ok i have the same sort of problem. i installed something with preware. nissan maxima theme, then installed mario theme, uninstalled mario and then i found the maxima theme was still affecting the signal bars EV icon at the top, Bluetooth icon and also the logo effect you see when you tap an icon. everything else changed back. so i need to uninstall the rest but its not there after i uninstall it using preware. is there any other way to get this phone back to normal if only parts of a theme are gone accept web os doctor
    Installed themes are under "Installed Packages" not in the main theme list. You'll have to find it there and remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by incog21 View Post
    i'm having sort of the same issues. i installed the new moon theme by accident, then installed another theme on top of it (bad mistake). after removed the new moon theme as well as the left 4 dead theme using Preware, my other theme still had elements from the new moon theme, mainly the lock screen. i am unsure how to remove this element of the new moon theme. anyone have any suggestions?
    Themes should error out now instead of letting you install over, but if you managed to do it anyway, I suggest going through and making absolutely sure every theme is removed. If it is, then you may need to try a recovery with webos dr
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    thanks guys, this was helpful. i did the same thing with the guitars one and no matter what theme i do i get the "flame" effect on all my icons and the fretboard at the bottom. ha! dumb of me to not uninstall first. WOOOO
    I installed the neon theme and now the neon lines wont go away after uninstallation. any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by djstickee View Post
    I installed the neon theme and now the neon lines wont go away after uninstallation. any ideas?
    Have you tried any of the ideas already posted in this thread?
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!

I installed 1 theme, and then another. Didn't realize it would allow me to do that if it were going to be a problem. I uninstalled one of them, but now I don't have any listed themes in my list of installed packages in Preware. Unfortunately there are many aspects of the first theme still stuck on my Pre.

I'd like to install the default theme, but for 1.2.1 if possible.

Clearly, installing and removing themes is not immune to issues just yet.

UPDATE: I installed the 1.1.0 default theme, and that seemed to work fairly well with the exception of the Carrier text color and the Time text color in the top bar. How can these be changed back to white?

UPDATE2: Looks like color is stored here:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Last edited by onlinespending; 10/04/2009 at 04:21 PM.
    did you fully remove both themes that you installed? Please look back through the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    did you fully remove both themes that you installed? Please look back through the thread.
    Like I said, "I uninstalled one of them, but now I don't have any listed themes in my list of installed packages in Preware".

So there was no way to remove any additionally installed themes as none were being listed as being installed in Preware. I went ahead and re-installed the theme that was leaving the leftovers hoping that by removing it again that things would be good. But the leftover graphics and text colors were still there.

And yes, of course I read the entire thread. It's not exactly long.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I installed a theme w/out preware & I cant revert to default bc webos still thinks i have the default.
    Hello all, I installed the original blue theme and it gave me an error but still preceded to install. When it was done it left the wallpaper screen as it was before and installed all the other components of the theme. Now when I connect to WOQI it doesnt give me the option to revert back to the defualt theme. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Should I just download the original and install that over the one that I cant remove for some reason? Thanks!!
    Im having same problem as altoid57 it seems............
    can I just install the defualt theme over the original blue theme? I know every where it says not to but I dont know what else to do since the original blue theme I installed isnt being found in installed applications or by web os quick installer.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    i'm noticing all these solutions for them removal are just about all for Preware, does anyone have any ideas for webOS QuickInstall?? i'm gettin an "unable to read XML File" error when i even ATTEMP to click the themer option.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Ok, this may sound stupid, but this is what worked for me and I don't know how. Anyway I used WOQI and went to tools/themer and hit revert to default. WOQI showed that the theme default now, even after the restart my theme was still my previously installed theme. What I did after this is opened Preware and went to themes and reinstalled my theme again that I recently had. Phone restarted again and everything was the same (of course), but then after reinstalling it started to show up in Preware and then I just removed the theme again. Now everything is back to default. Don't know if it will work for you, but this is what worked for me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast