Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I have had a ton of request from people to explain How To use the WebOS Theme Builder created by Jason R. I have never used the program due to the fact that I changed my themes to .xml format prior to the release of this program. I do, however, understand how it works so HERE YOU GUYS GO:

I HOPE THIS HELPS

HOW TO:

WebOS Theme Builder

You must know which files you want to change.

If the file you are changing is an image, make sure your new image is correctly sized.

You must know the location of the file you want to change.

Ex. The file for the launcher icon is located in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/icon.png

IF YOU MEET THE ABOVE REQUIRMENTS YOU MAY PROCEED

Edit all of the images/ files you want to be changed in your theme.

Download and Open the ThemeBuilder by Jason R.

Pick a theme name

Enter Version

Enter your name as creator

Enter a description

If you have screen shots enter them in the box

Move over to the THEME CONTENT
    Hit the + button

Select the type of file:

Wallpaper – Only one file can be chosen – this is on the main screen of the
    phone.

Image – All images on the phone that need to be changed, also upload .css and .jsjsjs $files$ $under$ $this$ $heading$.

App Icon – Use this to change you icons (except the launcher icon).

Wallpaper

480X320 image

JPEG ONLY

MAIN SCREEN IMAGE

Use this to change all image files, the launcher icon, and system files.

IMAGES MUST BE .PNG

If you do not know the App ID for an icon you can use this instead (with file
    correct path)

App Icon

Use this to change all application icons except the launcher icon (No App ID).

IMAGES MUST BE .PNG

Ex. The icon for the message icon has an app id of : com.palm.app.messaging
    ONCE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO INCLUDE

SELECT: Build Theme

Upload the theme zip file with .xml formatting via WebOS Quick Install or
    onto prethemer.com (will be supported soon)
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/26/2009 at 08:44 PM.
    ClickGamer likes this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I have a question.

I had installed a theme and it had an animation where you open an application in the app menu and it makes an 'explosion'. I have removed all themes and done everything I know how to do except web os doctor. I have root on my phone can someone direct me on how I would replace this file.

Much obliged.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I have a question.

I had installed a theme and it had an animation where you open an application in the app menu and it makes an 'explosion'. I have removed all themes and done everything I know how to do except web os doctor. I have root on my phone can someone direct me on how I would replace this file.

Much obliged.
    Do you know the specific file name? or go to my master thread and download my uninstall theme.. it should fix your problem
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    thanks brah
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    thanks brah
    Did It work>
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    Did It work>
    I am going to assume it will. It appears to be much more involved then I initially thought. I believe that I will just use the doctor. I am surprised that they didn't add the uninstall theme to the theme gallery.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I am going to assume it will. It appears to be much more involved then I initially thought. I believe that I will just use the doctor. I am surprised that they didn't add the uninstall theme to the theme gallery.
    I tried, it was removed.. copyright issues
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Thanks madolen!

Do you happen to have a link of where to get info on what the size/rez that images/icons need to be??
    Sorry I know this maybe posted somewhere but could you point me to where there is a listing of where icons and certain files are located like dialer background so i can make a theme
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser10123 View Post
    Sorry I know this maybe posted somewhere but could you point me to where there is a listing of where icons and certain files are located like dialer background so i can make a theme
    Download one of my older .zip theme files on my master thread and open up the HOW TO word file that is in the zip file...

It contains the names and locations of all of the files I changed
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Thanks madolen!

Do you happen to have a link of where to get info on what the size/rez that images/icons need to be??
    I don't know of a link, but you can simply download one of my themes on master thread.. replace the images you want to change (maintaining the size of the previous image)... Just give me some credit on your theme thread if you decide to go this route.

Nick
    I think maybe a youtube video is in order because I'm clueless as to how to make a theme. All I've done is chosen what pictures to use....I don't know where to start. Is there a wiki page or something? Hope I don't have to root my pre...too risky. I know how to ssh on my ipod touch, but this theme business is crazy....
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Download one of my older .zip theme files on my master thread and open up the HOW TO word file that is in the zip file...

It contains the names and locations of all of the files I changed
    I must be blind, I cannot seem to find your HOW TO file in your zip files. I searched in spotlight and everything.
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    I must be blind, I cannot seem to find your HOW TO file in your zip files. I searched in spotlight and everything.
    did you download the files from the link to filefactory on my master thread... They are .zip files with no .xml file..
    did you download the files from the link to filefactory on my master thread... They are .zip files with no .xml file..
    Ah thanks man! I wasnt grabbing them from filefatory that's why.

Thanks again!
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    Ok so im a noob at building my own theme and wanna get my feet wet; now I get the jest of it all but some of it im not sure of and I downloaded your xbox 360 theme to help me out and of course imma give you credit, so im using theme builder and looking at ya files i just need to know what they do cuz all i'm really doing is changing colors and pics i photoshoped right?

here it goes:
    it says make file system read/write and the code how do i do that with theme builder
    just click +, image/file, and copy the mount -o rw,remount / code to destination?

the jsjsjs $and$ $css$ $do$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $mess$ $with$ $those$ $right$? $or$ $could$ $i$ $just$ $leave$ $em$ $like$ $that$? $what$ $do$ $each$ $of$ $them$ $affect$?
    call-log?
    dialpad?
    phone?

and as far as changing the carrier and color say to gold/yellow where to change that in these system-notification, systemui, and bar-assistant? alsothe color of the dial pad all i have to do is "photoshop" the png?

thanks for your time and patience
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
    Ok so im a noob at building my own theme and wanna get my feet wet; now I get the jest of it all but some of it im not sure of and I downloaded your xbox 360 theme to help me out and of course imma give you credit, so im using theme builder and looking at ya files i just need to know what they do cuz all i'm really doing is changing colors and pics i photoshoped right?

here it goes:
    it says make file system read/write and the code how do i do that with theme builder
    just click +, image/file, and copy the mount -o rw,remount / code to destination?

the jsjsjs $and$ $css$ $do$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $mess$ $with$ $those$ $right$? $or$ $could$ $i$ $just$ $leave$ $em$ $like$ $that$? $what$ $do$ $each$ $of$ $them$ $affect$?
    call-log?
    dialpad?
    phone?

and as far as changing the carrier and color say to gold/yellow where to change that in these system-notification, systemui, and bar-assistant? alsothe color of the dial pad all i have to do is "photoshop" the png?

thanks for your time and patience

Ok first of all download the version of my theme in the app gallery which has the .xml file included... then delete all of the .css and .jsjsjs $files$!!!

Edit all of the images you want to change, including the dialer images

Leave my .xml file alone..
    You can either edit it and change the description or
    upload it directly in Quick install and just accept the fact that it says "Xbox 360 theme"

alternativly --- upload the file to prethemer and you can change the carrier text and color in the edit tab on the site
    ok im working on a theme right now just to mess around and try it on the emulator; i guess im doing it the long way Ive download your theme zip file and redoing the pics (keeping the names and sizes intact) I found where to change the carrier just dont know how to change the color of the text on the dialer and the top bar but so far so good if it dont work imma get the .xml file and do it like that and could i load the screens here when i get em?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
    ok im working on a theme right now just to mess around and try it on the emulator; i guess im doing it the long way Ive download your theme zip file and redoing the pics (keeping the names and sizes intact) I found where to change the carrier just dont know how to change the color of the text on the dialer and the top bar but so far so good if it dont work imma get the .xml file and do it like that and could i load the screens here when i get em?
    Sure that fine with me... if you wanna just delete the .css and .jsjsjs $files$.. $prethemer$.$com$ $will$ $now$ $add$ $the$ $carrier$ $text$ $and$ $color$ $for$ $you$.. $just$ $select$ $it$ $in$ $the$ $edit$ $themes$ $tab$ $on$ $the$ $site$
    i just try to use it on the emulator and got errors but it did give me the zip and xml file if you wanted to take a look at it and see where i failed at lol

imma try the xml way how do i do it? i just take the your xml file and put it in my zip theme? then quick install the zip file to emulator right?
    Last edited by chexmix; 09/23/2009 at 01:45 AM.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast