Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cswright View Post
    thanks.

can anyone help me in getting a zip of the default batch of images and icons? I have the default ipk but dont know how to access for example the email icon.png so i can modify it for my theme. I dont have an original to work off of.
    You should download the .zip version of a theme from prethemer.com... that way you can see what images are changed... etc...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I've done that but it was hard to find a browser or email icon that was even close to the orig. design. Just trying to save myself as much photoshopping time as possible. thanks
    I am wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem. I wanted to modify and existing theme a bit just to get my feet wet at this. I was modifying Original Blue Theme. I downloaded the zip, extracted files and then started replacing image files (w/ correct image size and format). I then tried to rezip the file (leaving the same file names for everything.
    All seemed wellk, but when I tried uploading from Web OS Quick Install I kept getting the message: "ERROR invalid theme zip; them.xml file missing."

I checked the zip folder and there is the theme.xml file there. I think this may ahve something to do with how I am zipping the file. Just using the standard VISTA "send to" compressed file.

Any thoughts?

thanksf or your help!
    can someone tell me how i install a theme on the emulator it it is possible?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chango View Post
    I am wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem. I wanted to modify and existing theme a bit just to get my feet wet at this. I was modifying Original Blue Theme. I downloaded the zip, extracted files and then started replacing image files (w/ correct image size and format). I then tried to rezip the file (leaving the same file names for everything.
    All seemed wellk, but when I tried uploading from Web OS Quick Install I kept getting the message: "ERROR invalid theme zip; them.xml file missing."

I checked the zip folder and there is the theme.xml file there. I think this may ahve something to do with how I am zipping the file. Just using the standard VISTA "send to" compressed file.

Any thoughts?

thanksf or your help!
    All of your files must be in the root of the .zip file... if the theme.xml file is in a folder then it will not work.. usually the problem
    Thanks Madolen!

I actually was able to upload the theme to my phone just by pointing to the theme.xml file in the unzipped folder. I am now working on fleshing out the theme quite a bit, now that I get the basics. Going well.

Thanks for your help!
    i have been using the Blue Theme to build off, but some of the new stuff isnt on this theme, so as far as the xml goes...i know i have to add the new images, however, can i leave the old stuff on it or do i have to remove? Maybe i should use one of the other themes and just add what's not there?
    After this is all done, where is the css file so i can change the carrier string and color, or can i just do that with theme builder.
    Also, i dont know how to get this on my phone, at all. Ive read the entire thread, and im not even completely sure how to zip everything up. If anyone out there can help me out, i'd appreciate it.
    Oh, so do the images in each file have to be in the exact order of the xml?
    I also downloaded the software so i can edit the xml file, now what, what do you do with it? i thought it was a program, but it looks more like a plugin and im not sure what to do...thanks
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/31/2009 at 02:34 AM.
    just what i needed
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I'm totally lost. I've followed the directions precisely - at least I think I have but every time I try to zip my theme I get the following:

"ERROR: Index 20, Size 20"

What does this mean?
    ok im trying to take a theme and make it better and change even more icons. im I want to change the youtube icon. how do I do that. and A youtube video would be awsome because im a noob and am so confused and don't want to brick a pre
    Great Tool Works Great. Thanks
    I have built the theme file the wasy i want so how do you get the zip file to load to the quick installer?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccc7a View Post
    I have built the theme file the wasy i want so how do you get the zip file to load to the quick installer?
    use the themebuilder to create your .xml file.. they just load the who thing
    Can anyone out there tell me if I can use only one icon for the calendar or do I have to make all 31 icons in order for it to show up??? Also what folder do I need to put it in, if any??? I use a zip file & wosqi to upload to my pre. Someone help me out with this... This is my last icon that I need to to work...
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hu5t13man View Post
    Can anyone out there tell me if I can use only one icon for the calendar or do I have to make all 31 icons in order for it to show up??? Also what folder do I need to put it in, if any??? I use a zip file & wosqi to upload to my pre. Someone help me out with this... This is my last icon that I need to to work...
    you have to make 31 different images... I am not sure of the directory for the images but I do know its a folder within the calendar app images folder... I am not at home so I can't give you the exact path. Hope this helps.
    awesome. thanks just what i needed.
    to view links or images i need more than 10 posts. this is post 2. i just want to click the link for theme uninstaller.
    Hey Madolen, you've seem to be most knowledgeable and very helpful. I actually printed out what you sent out about "how to" build. I've downloaded pictures I want. and I am stuck at image and app icon.

OK so I am totally lost and I hate it

Thanks in advance
    Sounds like fun. I'll give it a shot!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Everytime I go to open a ZIP file I made with THEMEBUILDER, it gives me an error saying it can't find "theme.zip/wallpaper.png" What's causing this and how do I remedy it.?

If I have to restart from the beginning each time just to test it I think I'd go insane. =P

Thanks,
    Chris

*Fixed*

For some reason if I added the files through Bulk Add it works, but adding any files one by one causes the ZIP to not work.
    Last edited by misterasset; 11/21/2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Solved
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast