Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I seemed to have missed where the themebuilder download link was..

Can't wait to get started on one, should be pretty fun.
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 10/19/2009 at 04:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrex View Post
    I seemed to have missed where the themebuilder download link was..
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post1905301

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrex View Post
    Can't wait to get started on one, should be pretty fun.
    Lets search a bit harder next time... Use search options like title only "theme builder" etc...
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Got it. Thanks a lot.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    You must know which files you want to change.

If the file you are changing is an image, make sure your new image is correctly sized.

You must know the location of the file you want to change.[/INDENT]

Ex. The file for the launcher icon is located in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/icon.png
    I dont now the location of files I want to change...
    How can I learn this?
    Thanks...
    Good work....
    peace...
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofless View Post
    I dont now the location of files I want to change...
    How can I learn this?
    Thanks...
    Good work....
    peace...
    thr easiest way is to just dig around.. Use WinSCP
    On the uploading "Image/File" what do i put for destination? im lost. if some one could help that would be cool. thanks
    i also keep getting a cannot create XML error. could be cuz im messin up on the destination....im kinda noob and i need help
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I have never actually used this program to make a .xml file.. I make my own... So for questions about errors you should go to the app thread... I only know how the themebuilder is strucured not its actuall functional design
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    How do we know or figure out the location of every file? Is there a way to root into the pre via a mac yet? like people would do with their iphones, it was very easy to customize the theme for an iphone. just wondering if the pre is that simple yet.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Travisml View Post
    How do we know or figure out the location of every file? Is there a way to root into the pre via a mac yet? like people would do with their iphones, it was very easy to customize the theme for an iphone. just wondering if the pre is that simple yet.
    Preware and WebOS quick install are the easiest way to install themes on you phone, no rooting required... as for the mac question I have no idea.. My recomendation is to go buy a PC (JK).

I found all of the file location by spending hour copy the file directories in the phone and experimenting...

Good Luck
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm working on a custom dialpad for my phone and have run into a problem. looking into the graphics available for the dialpad there are files called four.png and five.png but no files for seven.png or eight.png
    My problem is that, for the way I'm building the theme, I need separate graphics for each button. In other words I'm not replacing files but rather adding files that didn't exist before. When I try to load these via the theme builder it errors saying "Error 5: command: put file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images
    Relpy: file open failed"
    Is there a way to have the theme-er in Quick Install to load these, or do I have to go the long route and manually load these one at a time (which is what I've been doing)?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebslater26 View Post
    Ok, I'm working on a custom dialpad for my phone and have run into a problem. looking into the graphics available for the dialpad there are files called four.png and five.png but no files for seven.png or eight.png
    My problem is that, for the way I'm building the theme, I need separate graphics for each button. In other words I'm not replacing files but rather adding files that didn't exist before. When I try to load these via the theme builder it errors saying "Error 5: command: put file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images
    Relpy: file open failed"
    Is there a way to have the theme-er in Quick Install to load these, or do I have to go the long route and manually load these one at a time (which is what I've been doing)?
    This question would be better directed to Jason R. who created the Builder.. This thread simply explains how to use the builder to load files that currently exist.

Are you planning on changing the .css file which controls the dialpad... If you do not do this then you new images wont work.. You have to change the programming to recognize your new images.. The phone just uses the four and five .png in the seven and eight png location... You would have to add these images names and location to the coding file...???
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, I already got the css files edited up to reference the new graphics and works great . I just wanted to package it so I could share with the community and couldn't figure out how to do that. thnx
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    what is the format of an appID, say, for the phone/dialer app? is it a number or is it simply com.palm.app.phone?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    another quick question: in using the Theme Builder, what is the correct destination formatting for an image, i.e. is \usr\palm\sysmgr\images typed correctly to change the lock logo
    Thanx for all the themeing help
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cswright View Post
    another quick question: in using the Theme Builder, what is the correct destination formatting for an image, i.e. is \usr\palm\sysmgr\images typed correctly to change the lock logo

you have to include the file name with the location.

for the signal strength icon 1 this would be the path

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/rssi-1.png
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cswright View Post
    what is the format of an appID, say, for the phone/dialer app? is it a number or is it simply com.palm.app.phone?

APP ID EXAMPLE
    App Icon

Use this to change all application icons except the launcher icon (No App ID).

IMAGES MUST BE .PNG

Ex. The icon for the message icon has an app id of : com.palm.app.messaging
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    thanks.

can anyone help me in getting a zip of the default batch of images and icons? I have the default ipk but dont know how to access for example the email icon.png so i can modify it for my theme. I dont have an original to work off of.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast