Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    I have photoshop, but I dont really like to use it... It is overcomplicated

This is the program I use
    Notepad++ - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    how do you do that, isn't that a word base program?

sounds like a better way to do it though.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    sorry wrong link I'll post the correct program link when I get home.. That program was for .xml files

edit
    http://download.cnet.com/Paint-NET/3...html?tag=mncol
    Last edited by madolen; 09/28/2009 at 06:15 PM.
    First I wonna thank all the developers and the community for the constant growth of making the Pre better and better. second is more of a request..lol. I don't have the time to build my own theme but would love to have a Yankees theme so are there any theme builders out there that would like to build one...?.
    This is awesome cant wait to start
    awesome that you have done all this work
    I like several of themes but i want to add some of my own touches to, I would really like to see a superman/man of steel theme on here, but what i was wondering is how to modify the lock screen and the size of the image i have to use. I appreciate your help and still new to this. Thanks
    I apologize if this is a question that has been answered already.... I want to build my own theme but I don't know where all of the files are originally located. (Theme contents). I though I saw a list somewhere in the forum of where all of the icons are located and what size to have em in order to fit properly. Where can I find it?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd4pk View Post
    I apologize if this is a question that has been answered already.... I want to build my own theme but I don't know where all of the files are originally located. (Theme contents). I though I saw a list somewhere in the forum of where all of the icons are located and what size to have em in order to fit properly. Where can I find it?
    try this...

Theming Guide: Image Locations, Sizes etc - PreThemer Community
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Can I ask something, does this work for QI 2.6, and than can i use QI 2.6 to install it on webos 1.2? Seems to just sit there forever saying pleas wait....

I've killed the service afterward and seems like no icons i created changed. (i am changing about 20 icons)
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    QI 2.6 does not support 1.2 currently... Check the QI thread for more info

..but prethemer.com still supports upload of ThemeBuilder formatted themes... If you upload you theme to prethemer.com then it will be available on preware
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Can I ask something, does this work for QI 2.6, and than can i use QI 2.6 to install it on webos 1.2? Seems to just sit there forever saying pleas wait....

I've killed the service afterward and seems like no icons i created changed. (i am changing about 20 icons)

Yes you can use WebOS QI 2.6 to install a theme...
    - Go to tools > themer

- However, do not use WebOS QI 2.6 to install any tweaks/patches!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Ok I am using the same theme i built and QI 2.7 and same issue, just sits sayign please wait. Question, do i use the theme.xml file from within zip file (extra all files) or use the one out of the zip and leave the files zipped? Also when i created the theme, for destination, i only put directory without file names for example, "/usr/palm/com.test/images" When i looked at another users theme from earlier post looks like he included the name if the image in the destination folder. Thanks again.

EDIT: I also tried to select the zip file and nothing... i attached file, rename to *.xml if needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GigaS27; 10/04/2009 at 08:59 AM.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Dimension question!

I am trying to make it so the image on my dialer wallpaper fits directly under the keypad (I am not currently replacing each individual key pad image), with black in the rest of the space (where the voicemail, contacts button, etc are).

Does anyone know, off the top of their head, the dimensions of the entire main keypad?

Thanks so much!
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Ok I am using the same theme i built and QI 2.7 and same issue, just sits sayign please wait. Question, do i use the theme.xml file from within zip file (extra all files) or use the one out of the zip and leave the files zipped? Also when i created the theme, for destination, i only put directory without file names for example, "/usr/palm/com.test/images" When i looked at another users theme from earlier post looks like he included the name if the image in the destination folder. Thanks again.

EDIT: I also tried to select the zip file and nothing... i attached file, rename to *.xml if needed.
    When I made my .xml files the name of the file was in the destination, because some of my files are not named the same as when I want them to end up being named once on the phone.. ex. Launchscrim.png turns into scrim.png

You have to have your .xml zipped in your .zip file with everything else.. it must be in main directory
    Hi I'm new to the Themes and I'm trying to make my own.

I'm having a hard time finding the Files that I need to change.

Is there a list of the icons and graphic files ?

thank you.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    You have to have your .xml zipped in your .zip file with everything else.. it must be in main directory
    I tired it this way as well and no luck. I tried it both using the zip file zipped, or extracting all files to the same folder and loading it from there so that the program doesn't need to open the zip ile, but neither works. Any other suggestions?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    n/m got it working
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I downloaded a theme and altered some of the icons and other files to fit my needs. I didn't change any names of any of the files. I compressed the folder to .zip format yet when I try to load it using WebOS Quickinstall I get this error:

ERROR: Invalid theme zip; theme.xml file missing.

It's still in the folder. What gives?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by x3k8r1976 View Post
    I downloaded a theme and altered some of the icons and other files to fit my needs. I didn't change any names of any of the files. I compressed the folder to .zip format yet when I try to load it using WebOS Quickinstall I get this error:

ERROR: Invalid theme zip; theme.xml file missing.

It's still in the folder. What gives?

Thanks.
    Is everything in the root directory of the .zip file... you cannot have folders.. unless they are indicated in the .xml.. the theme.xml must be in the root directory to be read
    everything you explained is self explanitory....i need more detail how to build a theme