Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    320X 480 is the largest size for the boot screen
    I think I got everything down pack except the phone dial picture.

What I do for that?

And thanks for your help

Edit: Nothing I do is working.

Can someone upload a youtube video showing how to make it from scratch? I get a blank screen for my boot and I get a regular wallpaper (stock)

Its so frustrating and I think a video will help.
    Last edited by MOE-GUNZ; 09/26/2009 at 02:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    I think I got everything down pack except the phone dial picture.

What I do for that?

And thanks for your help

Edit: Nothing I do is working.

Can someone upload a youtube video showing how to make it from scratch? I get a blank screen for my boot and I get a regular wallpaper (stock)

Its so frustrating and I think a video will help.
    Just alittle confused as to what your asking for exactly... can you be alittle more detailed and clear what your looking for>

Nick
    Just alittle confused as to what your asking for exactly... can you be alittle more detailed and clear what your looking for>

Nick
    Well I put the images and the destination but when I install the theme on my pre, the boot logo is all black and the wallpaper I put is not used (it goes to one of palms default wallpapers).

Other than the images for the files is their something else that needs to be added to the theme.

Ex of what I did:

For boot logo

Image/file

File : (I clicked the png file I want to use)

Destination: \usr\palm\sysmgr\images\palm-logo.png

Only thing I added to the theme is a wallpaper and the boot logo (both regular and bright)

When I install It doesn't work and I just get a blank boot screen.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Are you using WebOS Quick Install?
    Yea is that the problem?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Okay I've tried looking around so forgive me, but I don't see how I can load my created zip file (or ANY zip file, for that matter) onto Quick Install so I can test it out on my Pre. What am I missing, here?
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    Okay I've tried looking around so forgive me, but I don't see how I can load my created zip file (or ANY zip file, for that matter) onto Quick Install so I can test it out on my Pre. What am I missing, here?
    Tools then theme inside quick install.

Make sure you have the new version of quick install.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Could you create a theme for Kansas State University Wildcats?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsSFTF View Post
    Any chance i could see some screen shots for changing the icons? and a screen shot of the themebuilder with all the images loaded in
    I have all my icons made, after looking over some other themes, i believe i have all the file names and locations correct, the theme builder builds it, the zip and xml file get created and reads on quickinstall, but changes nothing when i load it to my phone
    When i compare my xml file to the other themes xmls, i see mine doesnt seem to have the detailed file names

This is what my .xml for the icons looks like...

If you are going to do it by file locations (they way it is in your screen shot) you have to add /icon.png to the end of all the directory paths
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Man I wish I was able to make themes.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Man I wish I was able to make themes.
    Why cant you?
    Why cant you?
    Because when I install it via Quick Install my theme does nothing. I'm sure I have the right locations and my wallpaer image doesn't even show.

I make the theme but it does nothing
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Because when I install it via Quick Install my theme does nothing. I'm sure I have the right locations and my wallpaer image doesn't even show.

I make the theme but it does nothing
    I just sent you a PM, get back at me via PM
    So I spent a few hours making myself all these icons and everything. Now I just feel completely dumb not knowing how to properly apply them to my Pre. I guess Im getting stuck at "App ID" I know Im supposed to paste the location of the app icon I am changing. I only made icons for my standard launch which is Phone, Text, Web, Music, Launcher. Along with the background (I believe that goes here: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_bg.png

Im just missing a few of the basics
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1769 View Post
    So I spent a few hours making myself all these icons and everything. Now I just feel completely dumb not knowing how to properly apply them to my Pre. I guess Im getting stuck at "App ID" I know Im supposed to paste the location of the app icon I am changing. I only made icons for my standard launch which is Phone, Text, Web, Music, Launcher. Along with the background (I believe that goes here: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_bg.png

Im just missing a few of the basics
    Look at the screen shot email attachment I posted above (dont mistake mine for the one posted by another member)... It has some APP ids listed
    Last edited by madolen; 09/27/2009 at 09:11 PM.
    Look at the screen shot email attachment I posted about (dont mistake mine for the one posted by another member)... It has some APP ids listed
    The main problem is that I need an xml file to edit. I cant seem to locate any of your old theme zip files like you recommended to mess around with.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Look at the screen shot email attachment I posted above (dont mistake mine for the one posted by another member)... It has some APP ids listed
    The main problem is that I need an xml file to edit. I cant seem to locate any of your old theme zip files like you recommended to mess around with.
    This is my theme .xml file, which I wrote before the theme builder was release. It works with Quick Install and Prethemer

theme.xml - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

DOes this help?
    I see it its just Im having trouble with the theme builder.
    This is how I have one of my icons setup:
    Type: App Icon
    Icon: <directory>\custom.internet.png
    App ID: com.palm.app.browser

So I did that with the respectable icons I wanted to change

Then I hit Build Theme Zip and it hits me with an immediate error: ERROR: index 0, Size:0

It follows up by saying its built.
    Then all I have is a Theme.xml page with nothing on it and a zip file with 1 jpeg in it
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I see it its just Im having trouble with the theme builder.
    This is how I have one of my icons setup:
    Type: App Icon
    Icon: <directory>\custom.internet.png
    App ID: com.palm.app.browser

So I did that with the respectable icons I wanted to change

Then I hit Build Theme Zip and it hits me with an immediate error: ERROR: index 0, Size:0

It follows up by saying its built.
    Then all I have is a Theme.xml page with nothing on it and a zip file with 1 jpeg in it
    thats really strange, did you take a look at my theme.xml file? its posted above (link)
    Yea this isn't working out well for me either.

Wallpaper is working but boot logo is not.

I have everything set right.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast