Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    sorry if I missed something I tried looking through this thread but I have made a theme and built the zip and would now like to go back in and edit the theme without redoing the whole thing from scratch. Is it possible to reopen a theme in theme builder. I am on a mac in case that makes a difference. Thanks so much for any help.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    much thanks
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    is there anyway to change the Homebrew icons? i.e. Agenda, Preware.. If yes, where can i find their App IDs or icon/image location? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    I have had a ton of request from people to explain How To use the WebOS Theme Builder created by Jason R. I have never used the program due to the fact that I changed my themes to .xml format prior to the release of this program. I do, however, understand how it works so HERE YOU GUYS GO:

I HOPE THIS HELPS

HOW TO:

WebOS Theme Builder

You must know which files you want to change.

If the file you are changing is an image, make sure your new image is correctly sized.

You must know the location of the file you want to change.

Ex. The file for the launcher icon is located in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/icon.png

IF YOU MEET THE ABOVE REQUIRMENTS YOU MAY PROCEED

Edit all of the images/ files you want to be changed in your theme.

Download and Open the ThemeBuilder by Jason R.

Pick a theme name

Enter Version

Enter your name as creator

Enter a description

If you have screen shots enter them in the box

Move over to the THEME CONTENT
    Hit the + button

Select the type of file:

Wallpaper – Only one file can be chosen – this is on the main screen of the
    phone.

Image – All images on the phone that need to be changed, also upload .css and .jsjsjs $files$ $under$ $this$ $heading$.

App Icon – Use this to change you icons (except the launcher icon).

Wallpaper

480X320 image

JPEG ONLY

MAIN SCREEN IMAGE

Use this to change all image files, the launcher icon, and system files.

IMAGES MUST BE .PNG

If you do not know the App ID for an icon you can use this instead (with file
    correct path)

App Icon

Use this to change all application icons except the launcher icon (No App ID).

IMAGES MUST BE .PNG

Ex. The icon for the message icon has an app id of : com.palm.app.messaging
    ONCE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO INCLUDE

SELECT: Build Theme

Upload the theme zip file with .xml formatting via WebOS Quick Install or
    onto prethemer.com (will be supported soon)
    is this really the easiest way to make themes? There has to be an easier way. And how about instructions on what size and resolution the icons need to be?

I see you also posted a tip to download one of your zip files to see the files you replaced. First of all, what main thread are you talking about and is there just instructions on the file locations? I mean, how did you learn how to make themes?
    how do you change the icon for the lock?
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sguberski View Post
    must have 10 posts to see links in signatures? makes it hard to get answers sometimes. starting themes today
    I agree. This will put me up to nine, but I don't want to spam the board just to be able to create a theme, you know?
    I had preware on the phone, I deleted it do do an update. When I hook the phone back up and click to install preware and manager sevices it seems to install, but when I go to "eject pre" to disconnect the phone it says still using novacom. So I just unplug the phine. It reloads but there is no preware. Please help, very frustrating and sorry for writing this in the wrong area. I will try and read responses on here but I may lose the page. Any help with posting on pre central and the preware is greatly apprieciated. Please email to movadoman2008@gmail.com
    i appreciate this post man
    did the ten posts work for you? i may have to try that since this is my first post
    CAN SOMEONE PLZ TAKE THE START LOGO FROM BLUE REMIX AND PUT IT ON THE MORE BLUE ONE BECAUSE THE START LOGO ON BLUE REMIX IS THE BEST ONE I'VE SEEN PLZ THIS MAKE A AWESOME THEME WHEN SOMEONE DOES PLZ EMAIL AT Tiggert1982@yahoo.com let me know the name of it thanks guyz & GIRLZ
    This is pretty interesting, the problem shouldn't really be putting the information and images into this software (maybe finding where 3rd party icons I think would be a prob.) but the problem for me would be making my own icon.

There are all these AMAZING icons out there(such as those from a 'glass icon' theme) I would like to match that but I've to experience with it at all. This is probably why most people don't design their own stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by licensedorchid View Post
    I agree. This will put me up to nine, but I don't want to spam the board just to be able to create a theme, you know?
    yeah same here so I'm gonna float around to other threads and post comments to try to get to 10. 6 down 4 to go.
    Does anyone just want to make an Arizona Cardinals theme for me or I can just post on here until I get 10 posts.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I installed the Fallout 3 theme and now the dumb icons are set as default. i cant change back to default theme the icons stay the same from fallout theme. how to fix
    Im new so bare with me..... I cant get theme builder to open. I downloaded it and it just shows the files/folders. Help please
    Quote Originally Posted by festrada007 View Post
    I installed the Fallout 3 theme and now the dumb icons are set as default. i cant change back to default theme the icons stay the same from fallout theme. how to fix
    I had the same problem. Preware doesn't check for if you try to install a theme on top of another theme. You should always install only one!!! The prethemer doesn't save your originals. Only way to return to original theme is to wipe your phone (WebOS Doctor) and start over, sorry.

Suggested fix: Publish a theme titled "Revert to original theme" (one for either Pre and Pixi). Simplest fix. Also, make preware block the possibility of installing two themes on top of each other. Where should I submit these suggestions??
    I'm working on my first theme. I was wondering how to change the launcher icon, the phone call icon and the phone lock icon? Also how do you eliminate the squares around the other icons in launcher? I appreciate your help.
    Ok guys. I figured out theme builder but I have a couple of questions. How do I install it on my pre to see how it works before releasing it. I've installed your halo 3 theme but I don't see where it is stored on my phone to mock the install. I program but never mobile so it is all new to me.... STUCK!
    Sorry Madolen, I keep on posting on Dumb stuff but I'm trying to get my 10 posts so I have full access. I saw a pic of a WebOS Quick Installer with, red,yellow,green lights on the left hand side and a different pic for the download button. Is there another version out there because I can't seem to find the infamous "Load Theme" button that is talked about on Mine........ Makes me scratch my head....
    I believe you might have to edit your pics in photoshop..... I found a real nice FREE editor, it's not a million dollar editor but it'saaa niiiiice... Paint.net
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast