1.    #1  
    I love all the amazing work that everyone involved has to done to make it easy for a non techy to change the entire therme of the Pre. The PreThemer site looks really good and polished and I think this whole concept has great potential.

But for me, and I dont know if Im unique in this, I dont want my whole phone to be themed for a particular overall theme. I mean, Im not a sports person, so I dont want a sports team, Im not a scary sci fi movie person so I dont want a movie theme. I have an eclectic mix of stuff I like and want to see when I use my pre.

So, as far as the PreThemer site goes, I can chose either a full theme to totally take over my Pre, or the other other option, that is in the right direction, is separately choose a boot logo or wallpaper. Now for me personally its not that big of a deal, I know Linux, I know the file system and I know how to create whatever grapics I want. But I have to do it all manually and deal with movnig ,renaming and saving files each time I want to change. (Im anal about keeping original copies of files)

But in a perfect world, in the future I would love to see even more breakdown on the whole theme end user install options.

Perhaps be able to choose from an entire theme OR from a separate menu JUST a dialer pad, then JUST a boot logo then JUST a wallpaper then JUST an icon set. This would allow users to really create their own very personalized look and feel to their phones.

Just for example, right now on MY Pre, have my dogs as my main wallpaper, a navy highlighted dial pad that I created, Im using the Patrone theme gold dial pad numbers, and the gold icon also from Patron theme, for phone, and made my own icons for camera and calendar. Now maybe for an end user deal, it would be too much for individual icons, but you get the general idea?

Is there anyone else out there who would enjoy this type of a little more fliexibility of choices?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I hear what you saying and I think with the new .xml format (that I made for my theme/ Jason R. also created a builder for those lacking the skill set to manually modify .xml) It would be relatively easy to do this... I few extra lines of code and an adjustment to how Quick install reads it and you should be able to select which elements you would like...

Maybe PM Jason R. over at Quick Install.. I would reformat my themes again if he wanted to support this
  3.    #3  
    Thank for your feedback Madolen. I love your work, and have donated because I think you are a valuable contributor even tho I have not used your themes "yet" , but ya never know what I may pluck out of any given theme...

Thanks again
    I get what you're saying and it's a great idea, but personally if I pick a "theme" I want the whole thing as a package to support the theme. I just change them very regularly. If I don't want a theme then quickinstaller gives enough options for changing dialer pad, boot logo and I can use my own wallpaper.

PS........Madolen I love your themes!
    +1 yes!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I love all the amazing work that everyone involved has to done to make it easy for a non techy to change the entire therme of the Pre. The PreThemer site looks really good and polished and I think this whole concept has great potential.

But for me, and I dont know if Im unique in this, I dont want my whole phone to be themed for a particular overall theme. I mean, Im not a sports person, so I dont want a sports team, Im not a scary sci fi movie person so I dont want a movie theme. I have an eclectic mix of stuff I like and want to see when I use my pre.

So, as far as the PreThemer site goes, I can chose either a full theme to totally take over my Pre, or the other other option, that is in the right direction, is separately choose a boot logo or wallpaper. Now for me personally its not that big of a deal, I know Linux, I know the file system and I know how to create whatever grapics I want. But I have to do it all manually and deal with movnig ,renaming and saving files each time I want to change. (Im anal about keeping original copies of files)

But in a perfect world, in the future I would love to see even more breakdown on the whole theme end user install options.

Perhaps be able to choose from an entire theme OR from a separate menu JUST a dialer pad, then JUST a boot logo then JUST a wallpaper then JUST an icon set. This would allow users to really create their own very personalized look and feel to their phones.

Just for example, right now on MY Pre, have my dogs as my main wallpaper, a navy highlighted dial pad that I created, Im using the Patrone theme gold dial pad numbers, and the gold icon also from Patron theme, for phone, and made my own icons for camera and calendar. Now maybe for an end user deal, it would be too much for individual icons, but you get the general idea?

Is there anyone else out there who would enjoy this type of a little more fliexibility of choices?
    yes i agree...can u tell me how to use just the gold icons from the patron theme
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxcusic View Post
    yes i agree...can u tell me how to use just the gold icons from the patron theme
    If you PM me off line from here I'll try to help
    diane,

I think much of the current theme movement is a push to make things easier for the folk who aren't as technically inclined as you and others are. So in that respect, making it as easy as possible to install a theme is the primary goal.

For those that know their way around the device (like you), then it's usually always going to be better to just do it the manual way (and gain a greater degree of control/customization in the process).

As you mentioned, I tried to break things down from full themes, down to wallpapers and boot logos as well, but I know there are a lot of people who might still want even more fine-tuned control (like lock screen from one theme, and signal icons from another). Those are a bit harder to do in an organized and concise manner. In that respect, it'll probably always be easier to grab the .zip file and change the bits you want individually.
    Last edited by AnOutsider; 09/20/2009 at 04:21 PM.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Specific iconset grabbin from a theme is in the works for a future version of WebOS Quick Install, and the base of such a feature is already in my xml format

For things link lock screen background, phone screen background, and boot theme, WebOS Quick Install tweaks section already has those individually
    sweet thanks jason your doing great man
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->