Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you find any issues with the theme, PLEASE post specifically what your problem is and screenshots. If I can't find the problem, then it won't be fixed.

In Progress again! (3/28/10)

Expect some more news from me soon. Give me some feedback.

Current version: 0.3.7

Palm Pre theme which revolves around the colors red and black. This theme skins the entire WebOS. First revolutionary theme available to the Pre Community that affects the entire WebOS.

You will never look at your Pre the same way again. This theme will set a new standard for the next generation of themes.

Disclaimer: I, Abyssul, accept no liability for any damage this theme causes. This theme is still in the beta phase and unfinished.

Beta Download

Beta instructions:
    -Download
    -Install with QI
    -Check to see if it uninstalls cleanly
    -Test

Record any valuable information with screenshots (errors, suggestions, improvements). Make your post in this thread as detailed as possible and I will address any issues.

To-do list:
    -Compose new message contact box needs fixed
    -Readview text field in Email app needs recolored
    -Too much to count...

Provide .png's for:

-Tap ripple
    -Dark red wave bar
    -Incoming call accept call button

http://www.precentral.net/webos-them...-red-and-black

More screenshots:
    Flash of Red and Black pictures by hardwick246 - Photobucket

Change log for 0.2.0:
    -Updated Email app
    -More App Icon recolors
    -New boot logo
    -Fixed Ringtone selecting screen
    -Fixed Photo attachment screen
    -Contact text color in Messaging (partially)
    -Drop down menu are now contrast correctly

Change log for 0.3.0:
    -Updated for WebOS 1.2

Change log for 0.3.2:
    -Updated dialer .png
    -New meta-move.png

Change log for 0.3.4
    -Updated email.css (again...)
    -New messaging error bubbles

Change log for 0.3.7
    -Video Player icon updated
    -Music Player icon updated
    -Fix inconsistencies in installation
    -Blue labels in Email list menu
    -Calender fixes
    -Battery icon minor changes
    -Change text color in sym box
    -Sprint Navigation drop down box while searching has been fixed
    -Various other fixes
    Last edited by Abyssul; 03/28/2010 at 08:43 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Yay! A red/black theme! I will be watching progression, looking great so far.
    looks great. were the chat balloons in texting changed as well?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aps pre View Post
    looks great. were the chat balloons in texting changed as well?
    It's still a work in progress, but usable at the moment. I plan on making some internal changes soon, but for now this will suffice. It will also become my primary theme so it should see many updates.

Nice theme.

Us 'old ladies' really appreciate the non-character themes. I'm 54 and not so much into TMNT -- don't even know what that is, actually.

But the blues and the reds -- I love.

And the Patron theme is great, just wish it didn't have the bottle in the background --- husband keeps asking if I don't drink why does my phone have a bottle in it

But I love those gold icons.
    abyssul thanks alot its kool man , now about that other theme i asked about lol haha !!
    so your gonna use this yourself ay thats kool!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    abyssul thanks alot its kool man , now about that other theme i asked about lol haha !!
    so your gonna use this yourself ay thats kool!
    I think I'm gonna have to deny that request. It seems pretty difficult to create.

Why is it (other than work in progress as stated here) that some messenger and email colors are changed on sum and others not. I think it adds real style (web loader page too) to the theme... Some are released but incomplete and these things sometimes take a while and are 3 megs as others are 500k.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Why is it (other than work in progress as stated here) that some messenger and email colors are changed on sum and others not. I think it adds real style (web loader page too) to the theme... Some are released but incomplete and these things sometimes take a while and are 3 megs as others are 500k.
    It's all a matter of how much effort and time the author puts into a theme before they decide to drop it. Focus on one theme that goes into the internals, or create a few/many shallow themes. I plan on making this theme go deeper than usual by theming the internal apps themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    It's all a matter of how much effort and time the author puts into a theme before they decide to drop it. Focus on one theme that goes into the internals, or create a few/many shallow themes. I plan on making this theme go deeper than usual by theming the internal apps themselves.
    I am seeing that now. We need to set a standard or perhaps a check list of what is modded (colored, themed) Most the feeds (?) are posting the first three primary views or lock, phone, and launcher icons. I feel the messaging app, and web loader page should be included, IMO.

Otherwise, GREAT work. (on next update, could ya throw some red and grey up in the messaging bars? )

thanks a bunch for your effort!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I am seeing that now. We need to set a standard or perhaps a check list of what is modded (colored, themed) Most the feeds (?) are posting the first three primary views or lock, phone, and launcher icons. I feel the messaging app, and web loader page should be included, IMO.

Otherwise, GREAT work. (on next update, could ya throw some red and grey up in the messaging bars? )

thanks a bunch for your effort!
    Messaging App is my next goal. Maybe you could send a suggestion to PreThemer and PreCentral for a "checkbox field" which would have a list of items that could be modified and the author would check those that apply.

Started to mention it in a couple of places. As a themer, you proposing the idea might have more weight. I see you were more thorough in ur new description on Preware. Thank you.. I'll send over a request for checklist for theme authors uploads to Precentral & prethemer fellas...
    Can you change the launcher, wave bar and quick launch to a dark red like the ironman quicklaunchbar color?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Can you change the launcher, wave bar and quick launch to a dark red like the ironman quicklaunchbar color?
    I plan on changing the launcher background color, but the other two I will have to deny. I'd rather have the wave bar and launcher black/dark grey. When I get the time, I can make the files for you to edit into your Pre with WebOS Quick Install.

Is this currently not available for download?

*edit* Nevermind.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinedByClass13 View Post
    Is this currently not available for download?

*edit* Nevermind.
    Only on PreThemer for now until I can get it to work on PreCentral.

17.    #17  
    Current progress with internal theme:

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I grabbed the files from prethemer. When I set the theme in motion,I don't have the red/black messaging stuff you show above. Am I missing something?

btw, your theme freaking rocks. The high contrast sure does help out a lot. Keep up the good work!

Jason
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8hifi View Post
    Am I missing something?
    I believe he is just showing where he is at with the task so far, I don't think he has released an update with all of that yet.
    I like the progress with the internal theme. I wish we could pick and choose on themes.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast