Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    I decided to continue this project, but I still have to wait for Jason to release his Theme Builder in order for there to be QI compatibility.

To install with Putty:
    -Extract theme zip file
    -Import folders (usr, media) into /media/internal/ (USB mode)
    -Open Putty
    -Copy and paste
    Code:
    cd /
    mount -o remount, rw /
    cp -R /media/internal/usr .
    It's easier if you have SFTP and if you have it, it pretty much explains itself. I have not tested the code above, but it should work.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  2.    #162  
    Beta Download

Beta instructions:
    -Download
    -Install with QI
    -Check to see if it uninstalls cleanly
    -Test

Record any valuable information with screenshots (errors, suggestions, improvements). Make your post in this thread as detailed as possible and I will address any issues.

Just installed...so far so good. Excellent work and thanks for your efforts!

late,
    Coz

p.s., how about themeing the default avatars in contacts?
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
    Just installed...so far so good. Excellent work and thanks for your efforts!

late,
    Coz

p.s., how about themeing the default avatars in contacts?
    Added. Thanks for the response.

Good news, bad news.

I am happy to have it back, thanks.

I tried to uninstall as you asked, and it looked like it was uninstalling, it turned off and back on and it's still there.

And when I went to QI and the themer tab -- the revert to default button is grayed out - so it thinks I'm back to the default theme.

I hope I want to keep this theme forever, right?
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    Good news, bad news.

I am happy to have it back, thanks.

I tried to uninstall as you asked, and it looked like it was uninstalling, it turned off and back on and it's still there.

And when I went to QI and the themer tab -- the revert to default button is grayed out - so it thinks I'm back to the default theme.

I hope I want to keep this theme forever, right?
    I will have that reported. Thanks for responding.

Was there any errors in the installation? Did the theme display correctly in comparison to the screenshots? To uninstall did you hit the "revert to default" button? If so, did it reboot? When you say uninstall, did it uninstall none of it or only parts of it?

Hi. So I installed, and it looks great. The only thing I can think to possibly change is the "Status" box in the "Buddies" list of Messages. It's grey, and looks completely different than the rest.

Now, uninstalling did not work completely. It did turn off/reboot, most of the icons are still in the Black/Red theme, as well as the icons at the top right, the messaging window is still all black and red, as far as I can tell, there is absolutely no difference.

If you want any screenshots, just let me know.
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieDec04 View Post
    Hi. So I installed, and it looks great. The only thing I can think to possibly change is the "Status" box in the "Buddies" list of Messages. It's grey, and looks completely different than the rest.

Now, uninstalling did not work completely. It did turn off/reboot, most of the icons are still in the Black/Red theme, as well as the icons at the top right, the messaging window is still all black and red, as far as I can tell, there is absolutely no difference.

Yes please. I'm sorry for any trouble this may have caused, but I needed to test it. I will look into the suggestion you requested.

After playing with it over night I've noticed a few things:

• My previously hidden NASCAR app reappeared on my launcher
    • When I open Preware and check my "Installed Packages" under "Patches" it only shows that I've installed 5. However, I have installed many more than that....but even though my patches aren't listed they are still functioning on my phone.

Also, what about themeing the email, text, missed call icons that show up in the tray?

I'll let you know what else I find.

late,
    Coz
    Last edited by cozboogie; 10/21/2009 at 11:05 AM.
  10.    #170  

• My previously hidden NASCAR app reappeared on my launcher
    • When I open Preware and check my "Installed Packages" under "Patches" it only shows that I've installed 5. However, I have installed many more than that....but even though my patches aren't listed they are still functioning on my phone.

Also, what about themeing the email, text, missed call icons that show up in the tray?

I'll let you know what else I find.

late,
    Coz
    I can't think of any reason for why those should occur. Did the Preware patches section show more than one before you installed it?

I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I can't think of any reason for why those should occur. Did the Preware patches section show more than one before you installed it?

I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the input.
    Yeah, I probably had 15 or so patches installed prior to installing the theme. After installation the issues I noted above occurred.

Odd...but certainly not a deal breaker!

late,
    Coz
  12.    #172  
    I couldn't find any explination for why your patches disappeared in Preware or why the Nascar app appeared again, but I did come across something interesting. It seems like there is a bug in WebOS Quick Install's themer feature that isn't allowing the theme to uninstall properly (or not at all in our case).

This will be fixed in the next update. Once I can get a clean install/uninstall process going, I will submit it to PreCentral, with a few updates to go along.

I still need more feedback from whoever has downloaded it. I gotta improve it somehow.

[*]When I open Preware and check my "Installed Packages" under "Patches" it only shows that I've installed 5. However, I have installed many more than that....but even though my patches aren't listed they are still functioning on my phone.

Coz
    same problem here with the patches. I did find them in the last row, (I think it was "unknown") and it says the patches are hosted by webOS Quickinstall too. When I load qucik install they are not checked off. (patches...) it also only list 5 under preware (except the unknown list which the rest are listed). I'm scared honestly to uninstall until I get back home. I like this theme and really don't see a need for uninstall mishap yet. :-)

abyssul.. Outta this world. This is worthy of an app itself. Fantastic!
    Last edited by JohnnyPre; 10/21/2009 at 11:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieDec04 View Post

I have the same issue with the icons on the home screen and launcher pages along with the colors for the messaging window after uninstalling. Also, the contact thumbnails in the messaging window just appear as an empty box until you get a message from that person.

Quick note, I'm on WebOS 1.2.1 and want to know if this is compatible with. I had installed the pre-beta version, not knowing it may corrupt the OS if running 1.2. I installed this to see if it would fix the stuck icon colors. I'm hoping all the bugs get all worked out, as it's one of my favorite themes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Okay, so the status box is the only thing I could see might be changed to look like the the rest of the theme. Otherwise, its perfect! I can't say how happy I am to have this theme back!

This is the Tweed App, just for an example

16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by KDiz View Post
    I have the same issue with the icons on the home screen and launcher pages along with the colors for the messaging window after uninstalling.
    This will be fixed with the the next release of Quick Install, apparaently it had some bugs with uninstalling themes.

Also, the contact thumbnails in the messaging window just appear as an empty box until you get a message from that person.
    I don't know if that is a WebOS problem or my theme. I had the problem as well, but I think it occured when I tried to change the user's default picture. I have no reason to believe why my theme would change that, but I've been wrong.[/QUOTE]

Quick note, I'm on WebOS 1.2.1 and want to know if this is compatible with. I had installed the pre-beta version, not knowing it may corrupt the OS if running 1.2. I installed this to see if it would fix the stuck icon colors. I'm hoping all the bugs get all worked out, as it's one of my favorite themes.
    This (beta) is WebOS 1.2.1 compatible.

Okay, so the status box is the only thing I could see might be changed to look like the the rest of the theme. Otherwise, its perfect! I can't say how happy I am to have this theme back!
    Will do. I'm glad that people are enjoying this theme. I had to go back to the default settings to test my theme and I just couldn't stand it.

same problem here with the patches. I did find them in the last row, (I think it was "unknown") and it says the patches are hosted by webOS Quickinstall too. When I load qucik install they are not checked off. (patches...) it also only list 5 under preware (except the unknown list which the rest are listed). I'm scared honestly to uninstall until I get back home. I like this theme and really don't see a need for uninstall mishap yet. :-)
    I think egaudet is working on this. If you want to uninstall the patches, then use the remove button when you open the patches page in the "unknown" list.

abyssul.. Outta this world. This is worthy of an app itself. Fantastic!
    Thanks.

Can I get some IM contacts (gTalk, AIM, MSN) for real-time beta testing?

17.    #177  
    Once the new WebOS Quick Install is released, I will release the theme to PreCentral.

How do you get WEBOSQI to install it?when I open it it unzips to about a million little files.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    If you find any issues with the theme, PLEASE post specifically what your problem is and screenshots. If I can't find the problem, then it won't be fixed.

New beta!!

Current version: 0.3.7

Palm Pre theme which revolves around the colors red and black. This theme skins the entire WebOS. First revolutionary theme available to the Pre Community that affects the entire WebOS.

You will never look at your Pre the same way again. This theme will set a new standard for the next generation of themes.

Disclaimer: I, Abyssul, accept no liability for any damage this theme causes. This theme is still in the beta phase and unfinished.

Beta Download

Beta instructions:
    -Download
    -Install with QI
    -Check to see if it uninstalls cleanly
    -Test

Record any valuable information with screenshots (errors, suggestions, improvements). Make your post in this thread as detailed as possible and I will address any issues.

To-do list:
    -Compose new message contact box needs fixed
    -Readview text field in Email app needs recolored
    -Too much to count...

Provide .png's for:

-Tap ripple
    -Dark red wave bar
    -Incoming call accept call button

http://www.precentral.net/webos-them...-red-and-black

More screenshots:
    Flash of Red and Black pictures by hardwick246 - Photobucket

Change log for 0.2.0:
    -Updated Email app
    -More App Icon recolors
    -New boot logo
    -Fixed Ringtone selecting screen
    -Fixed Photo attachment screen
    -Contact text color in Messaging (partially)
    -Drop down menu are now contrast correctly

Change log for 0.3.0:
    -Updated for WebOS 1.2

Change log for 0.3.2:
    -Updated dialer .png
    -New meta-move.png

Change log for 0.3.4
    -Updated email.css (again...)
    -New messaging error bubbles

Change log for 0.3.7
    -Video Player icon updated
    -Music Player icon updated
    -Fix inconsistencies in installation
    -Blue labels in Email list menu
    -Calender fixes
    -Battery icon minor changes
    -Change text color in sym box
    -Sprint Navigation drop down box while searching has been fixed
    -Various other fixes
    Laissez Faire
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    How do you get WEBOSQI to install it?when I open it it unzips to about a million little files.
    Use the Themer feature.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast