Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I wanted to wait until a couple more things came together before making the announcement, and most of them have (aside from one thing) so I feel comfortable announcing the site. (not to mention, most people found out about it anyways, which is great, because now there's a nice collection of content)

PreThemer.com

Basically, PreThemer is a site where themers can upload their theme images and share them. The site will generate a zip file and an ipk file for the theme as well as screenshots.

With the zip file, you can install the theme as you normally would (via Webos Quick Install send or via winscp), however the IPK version makes theme installation and management a heck of a lot easier. Using WebOS Quick Install, you can install the theme and remove it just like you would with any other application. On install, replaced images are backed up and on uninstall they are restored to their proper places.

We've done the same with with bootlogos as well (easy install/remove).

PreWare:
    The guys over at Webos-Internals have included PreThemer in their PreWare feeds. Starting with the latest version of Preware, you will see a Themes section. Any theme uploaded to the site will appear here, and can be installed just like any other app. To remove the theme, just uninstall like you would with any other app.

The App:
    Originally the plan was to create a theme management app (to manage themes, wallpapers and boot logos), but as the site progressed and support came from WebOS Quick Install and PreWare, I've kind of put the app on hold. For the time being, themes can be easily managed with WOQI and/or PreWare, but if folks feel there's still a need for a dedicated Theme App, I will resume work on it.

Some Notes:
    --You should always start with the stock theme before installing themes. If you've themed your phone and never backed up, you can use the stock ipk file from here.
    --You should always uninstall a theme before installing a new theme. You don't want to end up mixing and matching things and getting things all mixed up when it comes time to uninstall.

Well, that's it folks. Any feedback, questions, comments, concerns etc are welcomed

*edit* since I forgot the URL like a dummy

PreThemer.com

*UPDATE 9/23/2009*
    • All zip version of downloaded themes now include the theme.xml file necessary to install the theme with the latest version of webos quick install.
    • I've added checks to the theme installation process (if you install via PreWare or WOQI with an ipk) that will check for a pre-existing theme and error out if there is one there. This should stop people from inadvertently installing multiple themes and ending up with a mess on their phone.
    • Made the ipks work a little closer with WOQI's format so that it can actually uninstall a theme if one already exists (NOTE: This is pending confirmation from Jason)
    • Added support for uploading a zip file generated with Jason's Theme Builder. When you add a new theme, you can go through PreThemer's easy to use wizard, or you can upload a zip file containing the theme.xml file (and images) generated with Theme Builder and all information and files will be imported. You can then set your theme online without any other fiddling.
    • Added previews to the theme uploading wizard. Now you can preview how your theme will look without setting it online and checking out the screenshots (and then having to take it back offline if something isn't right).
    • As previously mentioned, carrier text, carrier color and clock color (on the top bar) is now editable. I've used a method which I hope will be update-safe; meaning if you install the theme on 1.2, it should NOT break the apps as it doesn't actually replace the css and jsjsjs $files$, $just$ $augments$ $them$ $in$ $certain$ $locations$.
    • Added more screenshots for different areas of the phone.
    Last edited by AnOutsider; 09/23/2009 at 12:10 PM.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Awesome! So glad to see a place where we can browse and install ipk file themes! Great work on the site!
    Woo Hoo! Thanks for all the hard work! I always like changing themes on my BB. This is great!
    On a side note, I would love to see a dedicted theme management app.
    Big up to you guys!!! I themed mine earlier this week once Ifound out about the site. Keep up the good work!!
    Mucho gracias!
    add the link to the site in you OP please

Fyi, i got my blue theme from there. Forgot the guys name but thanks
    Oh man, should I be worried that I used to just put a theme on top of another theme? I only did two.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    On a side note, I would love to see a dedicted theme management app.
    Well, there's one vote haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Mucho gracias!
    and to you!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    add the link to the site in you OP please
    Duh, that would be helpful wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by djorijun View Post
    Oh man, should I be worried that I used to just put a theme on top of another theme? I only did two.
    Nah, just uninstall them in reverse order. Uninstall the one you added last, then uninstall the first one. I'm really hoping for auto-uninstall when you install a new theme (through preware and/or WOQI). If not, it would definitely be in a Prethemer app.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!

any chance of custom stylesheets and other files? I need system fonts red to get the best outta my theme...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  11.    #11  
    For now, no. There's no way for the site to do a sanity check on uploaded css and jsjsjs $files$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $there$'$s$ $nothing$ &$quot$;$funky$&$quot$; $there$. $What$ $I$ $may$ $do$ $though$ $is$ $allow$ $input$ $fields$ $for$ $common$ $changes$ $like$ $text$ $color$ $on$ $top$ $bar$ $or$ $dialer$ $screen$

Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    For now, no. There's no way for the site to do a sanity check on uploaded css and jsjsjs $files$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $there$'$s$ $nothing$ &$quot$;$funky$&$quot$; $there$. $What$ $I$ $may$ $do$ $though$ $is$ $allow$ $input$ $fields$ $for$ $common$ $changes$ $like$ $text$ $color$ $on$ $top$ $bar$ $or$ $dialer$ $screen$
    i get the reason behind that decision, would be wicked to be have it complete!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    i get the reason behind that decision, would be wicked to be have it complete!
    I agree, I installed a theme and wished it had the right colors for the top bar because it would've been cooler. I'll work on a way to modify the CSS files

outsider you rock !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    thanks for doin' this
    Works just like you said it would!

But, you note that a theme should be uninstalled before a new one is installed.

How is a theme uninstalled?

Paul
  17.    #17  
    In WOQI you go to device management select the theme and click uninstall. In preware you go to installed applications and uninstall

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Uninstall the theme by opening up PreWare and going to Installed Packages. Click on the theme and uninstall.
  19.    #19  
    by the way, I'm reposting this from PreThemer because a few people have asked about jsjsjs $and$ $CSS$ $changes$

Currently jsjsjs $and$ $css$ $aren$'$t$ $supported$ $for$ $a$ $few$ $reasons$, $but$ $mainly$:

* No way to check for malicious code
    * No way to make sure that the css/jsjsjs $file$ $is$ $up$ $to$ $date$ ($for$ $example$, $if$ $webos$ $1$.$2$ $comes$ $out$ $and$ $the$ $js$/$css$ $files$ $for$ $apps$ $get$ $updated$, $things$ $can$ $seriously$ $break$ $if$ $you$ $install$ $a$ $theme$ $that$ $uses$ $the$ $outdated$ $js$ $from$ $an$ $app$).

Not everyone is savvy enough to check for things like this and if we don't take the proper steps to make sure the themes can do as little damage as possible, we'll have a number of unhappy campers.

Images are less of a problem because well, they're images. If the filename or size changes, the site can be programmed to resize or rename the image.
    Thread: CSS & JS Changes - PreThemer Community

This is something I DO want to incorporate as CSS and JSJSJS $changes$ $CAN$ $add$ $to$ $a$ $theme$, $but$ $I$'$d$ $like$ $to$ $do$ $it$ $in$ $a$ $way$ $that$ $presents$ $the$ $lowest$ $possibility$ $of$ $catastrophe$ $on$ $your$ $phone$. $So$, $ideas$ $are$ $welcomed$!

Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    So I wanted to wait until a couple more things came together before making the announcement, and most of them have (aside from one thing) so I feel comfortable announcing the site. (not to mention, most people found out about it anyways, which is great, because now there's a nice collection of content)

PreThemer.com

Basically, PreThemer is a site where themers can upload their theme images and share them. The site will generate a zip file and an ipk file for the theme as well as screenshots.

With the zip file, you can install the theme as you normally would (via Webos Quick Install send or via winscp), however the IPK version makes theme installation and management a heck of a lot easier. Using WebOS Quick Install, you can install the theme and remove it just like you would with any other application. On install, replaced images are backed up and on uninstall they are restored to their proper places.

We've done the same with with bootlogos as well (easy install/remove).

PreWare:
    The guys over at Webos-Internals have included PreThemer in their PreWare feeds. Starting with the latest version of Preware, you will see a Themes section. Any theme uploaded to the site will appear here, and can be installed just like any other app. To remove the theme, just uninstall like you would with any other app.

The App:
    Originally the plan was to create a theme management app (to manage themes, wallpapers and boot logos), but as the site progressed and support came from WebOS Quick Install and PreWare, I've kind of put the app on hold. For the time being, themes can be easily managed with WOQI and/or PreWare, but if folks feel there's still a need for a dedicated Theme App, I will resume work on it.

Some Notes:
    --You should always start with the stock theme before installing themes. If you've themed your phone and never backed up, you can use the stock ipk file from here.
    --You should always uninstall a theme before installing a new theme. You don't want to end up mixing and matching things and getting things all mixed up when it comes time to uninstall.

Well, that's it folks. Any feedback, questions, comments, concerns etc are welcomed

*edit* since I forgot the URL like a dummy

PreThemer.com
    I'm a HUGE Pre Themes fan! I am super stoked that you developed this!Great job and Madolen, keep making those B.A. THEMES!
    Keep Brewing All Ye Homebrew Underground!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast