Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is amazing! That website is very impressive! I was getting tired of searching through page after page to find the theme I'm looking 4. Now we just go straight to PreThemer.com I have u bookmark on the comp and Pre. I'd still like to see a theme manger for the Pre so I can swap out on the go and keep track of my themes.
    I would like to see an app come out called PreThemer where you can actually assign icons to certain apps and you can really Theme your phone as you are on the go. Being able to change dial pads every now and then and changeing the back ground of it all through an app would be very useful. I love how you can select a theme from PreWare now but the app it self can be alot more user friendly but being able to mix and match your themes. Some people might want a red unlock with green dial buttons and the Tux icons. That would be awsome to do straight from an app.
    Anybody think it would be a good idea if I upload an icons only theme and that way people could be able to mix and match or would that be to much trouble?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    On a side note, I would love to see a dedicted theme management app.
    Me too, I vote for this.
    Is the a way yo separate it into 4 categories.
    1 icons
    2 dialers
    3 boot logos
    4 system icons (wifi, batt etc)

And of cours complete themes.

This way we could mix and match (cause I really like the system icons in the blue theme) and keep them in case I ever change to a diff theme. Worse comes to worse the great guys on this board have made it really easy to do myself... But just in case
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Anybody think it would be a good idea if I upload an icons only theme and that way people could be able to mix and match or would that be to much trouble?
    +1, that would rock!
    You forgot a few more

5 Battery icons
    6 Wallpapers
    7 unlock icon
    8 Launcher Backgrounds
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I would also like to see a dedicated app in the future. It would be awesome to be able to mix and match as others have suggested.

I would also like to see some more basic themes (i.e. different color combinations without all of the specific themes). A nice black and gray theme would be awesome.
    It's a great site! The content grows significantly every day!
    Feel the need to give a shout-out to PreThemer for beating us to the punch on this one - you guys have a great site there.

It's notable that prethemer can do on-device installs and offers ipkg while the WebOS Quick Install / PC theme set requires you hook up to your desktop in developer mode. There are pros and cons to each solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    So I wanted to wait until a couple more things came together before making the announcement, and most of them have (aside from one thing) so I feel comfortable announcing the site. (not to mention, most people found out about it anyways, which is great, because now there's a nice collection of content)

PreThemer.com

Basically, PreThemer is a site where themers can upload their theme images and share them. The site will generate a zip file and an ipk file for the theme as well as screenshots.

With the zip file, you can install the theme as you normally would (via Webos Quick Install send or via winscp), however the IPK version makes theme installation and management a heck of a lot easier. Using WebOS Quick Install, you can install the theme and remove it just like you would with any other application. On install, replaced images are backed up and on uninstall they are restored to their proper places.

We've done the same with with bootlogos as well (easy install/remove).

PreWare:
    The guys over at Webos-Internals have included PreThemer in their PreWare feeds. Starting with the latest version of Preware, you will see a Themes section. Any theme uploaded to the site will appear here, and can be installed just like any other app. To remove the theme, just uninstall like you would with any other app.

The App:
    Originally the plan was to create a theme management app (to manage themes, wallpapers and boot logos), but as the site progressed and support came from WebOS Quick Install and PreWare, I've kind of put the app on hold. For the time being, themes can be easily managed with WOQI and/or PreWare, but if folks feel there's still a need for a dedicated Theme App, I will resume work on it.

Some Notes:
    --You should always start with the stock theme before installing themes. If you've themed your phone and never backed up, you can use the stock ipk file from here.
    --You should always uninstall a theme before installing a new theme. You don't want to end up mixing and matching things and getting things all mixed up when it comes time to uninstall.

Well, that's it folks. Any feedback, questions, comments, concerns etc are welcomed

*edit* since I forgot the URL like a dummy

PreThemer.com
    yes work on the app that would be very very kool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    can you add the default theme to the preware site so when they dont unload properly people can repair thier pre! thanks a million!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quick question is there a way after you've installed a theme that already has a boot logo on it change that boot logo to something else? Or is it that theme that logo? So yes it would be nice to have an app that way you can mix and match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    can you add the default theme to the preware site so when they dont unload properly people can repair thier pre! thanks a million!
    No, copyright law does not allow us to do that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Should the official PreThemer app happen, we'll make arrangements for all that. From the beginning my goal was to make things as easy as possible on the end-user
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    So we can't change the version number of our theme? I change my themes alot and their should be a way to show an update available on preware like homebrew apps do.
    --Marvin
  17.    #37  
    If you change files in your theme, the version number is automatically incremented the next time you set it online. Next time PreWare is run it should appear as updated.

If you guys would prefer that to be a manual thing, I can do that as well.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!

Manual thing would be fine because I can just change one icon and it don't need a new version number. It might go to 1.1 and really should be 1.01
    --Marvin
  19.    #39  
    Fair enough. I've updated the site to allow manual versioning

Hi ! First off Great Site! some really awesome themes there & I know it will just keep growing

My idea, and I don't know if its a headache, but I like to mix & match elements and change them often,

But what if the themes could be broken down into ipk's for each "part" say lock , icons, emotes, dialer, battery, power, signal etc and then they could add em to the zip version's (or a separate zip for all the components) and still have the all including ipk for those who want everything the theme has?

Comments? this a lame idea or just too much extra work..?

(one could take the idea further and add a components page to prethemer to browse /install components)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast