Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Alright lastnight I downloaded and ipk file for the darth vader theme, it was ok but I do not wanted it anymore. I tryied researching on how to remove it and found nothing, does anyone know how to remove that file from my pre? Any help will be appreciated! I have Quickinstall 2.03, I've already whiped my phone to stock but of course it still there.

Thank You in advance.
    Scroll down to the bottom of my post and install the uninstall .ipk. It should restore your theme to default.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-themes.html

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted21 View Post
    Alright lastnight I downloaded and ipk file for the darth vader theme, it was ok but I do not wanted it anymore. I tryied researching on how to remove it and found nothing, does anyone know how to remove that file from my pre? Any help will be appreciated! I have Quickinstall 2.03, I've already whiped my phone to stock but of course it still there.

Thank You in advance.
    Original Palm Pre theme .ipk can be found at: www[dot]mediafire[dot]com/?mmaczykdj15
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot guys, all back to normal!
    This worked almost all the way, but not quite. I still show the following icons themed in the launcher:
    Help
    Sounds
    Screen & Lock
    Device Info
    Location Services
    Backup
    Regional settings
    Wi-Fi

These are left overs from the Mac OS (realize it's not your theme). Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adh2315 View Post
    This worked almost all the way, but not quite. I still show the following icons themed in the launcher:
    Help
    Sounds
    Screen & Lock
    Device Info
    Location Services
    Backup
    Regional settings
    Wi-Fi

These are left overs from the Mac OS (realize it's not your theme). Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    same exact problem. Can anyone help us out?
    I tried downloading that default theme and it doesn't seem to change anything. I still have the theme there. I've also tried to use the "Revert to Default" option but it's greyed out.

Are there any files on the phone itself that I need to delete or something?
    you can use WebOS Quick Install (v3.01) to uninstall themes.
    click "Tools"
    select "Themer"
    click "Revert to Default"
    i dont understnad why my webos wont work
    Ok so i downloaded the file for the default theme and it just changed my wall paper. I have tired re-setting the phone and nothing works. please help thuis is irritating!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihao View Post
    you can use WebOS Quick Install (v3.01) to uninstall themes.
    click "Tools"
    select "Themer"
    click "Revert to Default"
    yea that would work but what if i go to themer and the revert to default is not an option as in its greyed out
    Do what?

I'm having the EXACT same problem. =\ Any help appreciated, as webOS Quick Install does not recognize the theme, will not allow me to revert to default, and all other themes have bad links. Here's a screen of the message I get when I try to manually download and add a theme: img225.imageshack.us/img225/1761/prex.jpg
    Also, that download link in the post above goes to Bloomburg.com. =\
    when ever i download theme from preware error installing ipkj
    im wondering why no one figured this out yet, but all you have to do instead of going to factory theme , download internals and then go to media/cryptofs/appa/usr/lib/webos-quickinstall and then delete the theme xml and it should start downloading themes agian
    Quote Originally Posted by thatplayer89 View Post
    im wondering why no one figured this out yet, but all you have to do instead of going to factory theme , download internals and then go to media/cryptofs/appa/usr/lib/webos-quickinstall and then delete the theme xml and it should start downloading themes agian
    I don't understand this? Where do you go to factory theme? download internals? I can't remove my theme. I tried the uninstall ipk twice and it didn't work. the theme is still there. and i don't have any sounds for when i toss a card out of the way or when i receive texts. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
    factory theme is an option in quickinstall that puts back the default tbeme. Sometimes that's needed to get rid of a stubborn theme.
    and you have to restart the pone after a theme change.

plus, always uninstall a theme before installing another one.
    yeah but the thing is.. I don't know how to uninstall. thats the problem here
    first, can you get back to factory theme in quickinstall?

then we can talk about using preware to install/uninstall stuff.
    best thing to do is to download preware, install the .ipk through WOQI then once its installed, head over to the app, let it search through the package info from all the feeds etc, then simply click on installed packages, then themes, then click the theme and then click remove...

If the theme doesnt appear, try downloading one through preware, do a luna restart and then load preware back up and try removing it the way i just said... should do the trick...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast