Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I've decided to spend my spare time to help the community prosper by offering my services to create color-based themes. The theme will include:

-Wifi
    -EVDO
    -Bluetooth
    -Signal Bars
    -Battery
    -Wallpaper
    -Contact Icon
    -Phone Icon
    -Messaging Icon
    -Calender Icon(s)
    -Quick Launch Icon
    -E-mail Icon
    -Lock Screen Icon
    -Phone Dialer
    -Various Others

The theme will then be uploaded to PreThemer where it can be downloaded as a .zip or .ipk. The .ipk can be installed with WebOS Quick Install for easy installation. If you would like to help with the creation process, then feel free to contact me.

To uninstall the theme, then install this .ipk.

Uninstall .ipk

If you would like to make a request, then fill out this form:

Name of theme:
    Color: (Preferably Hex code)
    Any specific icons to recolor:
    Included wallpaper: (if possible)

In Progress:

Completed themes:
    Hot Pink
    Green Abstract (System Icons)
    Flash of Red and Black
    Fading Into The Blue

Thanks.

If this takes off:
    Last edited by Abyssul; 09/19/2009 at 04:51 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    hey i installed your hotpink iplk theme(through webOS quick install)... but how do i uninstall it then?
  3.    #3  
    We are currently working on that as I type. We are developing a .ipk to restore all your Pre icons to default.

Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    hey i installed your hotpink iplk theme(through webOS quick install)... but how do i uninstall it then?
    This is where issues begin.

IF you "install" a theme, by JUST copying the files packaged in any given theme created by someone on the forum, by using just WebOsQuick Install Send/Receive files, and not getting original copies of ALLLLL those images first, to save..

The sad fact IS, that UNLESS someone now wants to send you or post the original ones, to send back, the same way, you are pretty much SOL

The one good thing about changing stuff like the dialer backgrounds, or boot logos using the Tweaks, is that , doing it that way, you are relying on a well written script, by the grace of the developer, Jason, than when you simply UNCHECK, the saved copy, he created before the change, is restored, and you are back to where you started.

I have tried to mention this EVERY time someone asks about theme changing.

Hopefully, soon, we will have a theme change app, that can help control some of this, and also give an easy way back to where you started, for those that are not experienced or savvy enough to get into the file system and save copies before over writing them
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    We are currently working on that as I type. We are developing a .ipk to restore all your Pre icons to default.
    That would be really helpful to many here
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post

IF you "install" a theme, by JUST copying the files packaged in any given theme created by someone on the forum, by using just WebOsQuick Install Send/Receive files, and not getting original copies of ALLLLL those images first, to save..

The sad fact IS, that UNLESS someone now wants to send you or post the original ones, to send back, the same way, you are pretty much SOL

The one good thing about changing stuff like the dialer backgrounds, or boot logos using the Tweaks, is that , doing it that way, you are relying on a well written script, by the grace of the developer, Jason, than when you simply UNCHECK, the saved copy, he created before the change, is restored, and you are back to where you started.

Hopefully, soon, we will have a theme change app, that can help control some of this, and also give an easy way back to where you started, for those that are not experienced or savvy enough to get into the file system and save copies before over writing them
    i didn't use the send/receive method. i did file>add ipk. and installed like that.

but i understand that we'll need an original theme ipk... correct?
  7.    #7  

This is indeed a fault, but it is to be expected in a developing community as young as ours. I do understand that if you create a easy way to implement a modification for the Pre, that you must provide a reverse process. This can be blamed on the user as well because if you plan to modify your Pre, then make sure you know how it works instead of blindly clicking.

Point is to know what you are doing.

8.    #8  

We're all working in conjunction on a method to backup your original theme on install, that should be ready by the end of the week. In the meantime, you can use this to restore: com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk

credit goes to madolen as it's basically an ipk of his "default" theme.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    We're all working in conjunction on a method to backup your original theme on install, that should be ready by the end of the week. In the meantime, you can use this to restore: com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk

credit goes to madolen as it's basically an ipk of his "default" theme.
    thanks for the help guys.

one more question...
    lets say i installed hot pink then the orginal... does the hot pink get deleted? or what happens to it? i don't want it to be taking up space or other things?
  11.    #11  
    thanks for the help guys.

one more question...
    lets say i installed hot pink then the orginal... does the hot pink get deleted? or what happens to it? i don't want it to be taking up space or other things?
    The Uninstall .ipk replaces the current .pngs (your pink theme) with the defaults.

The Uninstall .ipk replaces the current .pngs (your pink theme) with the defaults.
    ah, alright. thank you.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Hello,

I've decided to spend my spare time to help the community prosper by offering my services to create color-based themes. The theme will include:

-Wifi
    -EVDO
    -Bluetooth
    -Signal Bars
    -Battery
    -Wallpaper
    -Contact Icon
    -Phone Icon
    -Messaging Icon
    -Calender Icon(s)
    -Quick Launch Icon
    -E-mail Icon
    -Lock Screen Icon
    -Phone Dialer
    -Various Others

The theme will then be uploaded to PreThemer where it can be downloaded as a .zip or .ipk. The .ipk can be installed with WebOS Quick Install for easy installation. If you would like to help with the creation process, then feel free to contact me.

To uninstall the theme, then install this .ipk.

Uninstall .ipk

If you would like to make a request, then fill out this form:

Name of theme:
    Color: (Preferably Hex code)
    Any specific icons to recolor:
    Included wallpaper: (if possible)

In Progress:
    Green Abstract (System Icons)

Completed themes:
    Hot Pink

Thanks.

If this takes off:
    i would love to c the patron theme by ivan as color only
    Quote Originally Posted by lxcusic View Post
    why did you quite the entire original post?
  15.    #15  
    why did you quite the entire original post?
    Haha I know.

Quote Originally Posted by lxcusic
    Be more specific. I also might need Ivan's permission based on what you want done.

WOW!! Ok then MY error.. Guess I had not seen that you could just shoot a whole theme over via an ipk

But, what is IN the above? is that JUST the Pink theme?
    WOW!! Ok then MY error.. Guess I had not seen that you could just shoot a whole theme over via an ipk

But, what is IN the above? is that JUST the Pink theme?
    it;s the ORIGINAL THEME, the one the pre came with
  18.    #18  
    PreThemer.com has the option to provide the user with a .zip or .ipk file which can be installed through WebOS Quick Install. The uninstall .ipk contains the Pre's default theme in a .ipk which can restore any Pre to the original theme.

@derik123derik123

Ahh, ok, so you dowloaded and installed from the pre themer site, the hot pink, via an ipk, and now this is ipk is the original set to rever back to?

I "think" I got it now..

Wish I knew about the hot pink ipk the other day when poor Chern** was trying so hard to get it loaded and I went back and forth trying to help get the files Sent via Send/Receive

But, its all good, as Abyssul said (paraphrased to some degree)

, its a new and growing community and we all have lots to learn and tweak as the process continues..and Point is to know what you are doing.
  20.    #20  
    @derik123derik123
    Wish I knew about the hot pink ipk the other day when poor Chern** was trying so hard to get it loaded and I went back and forth trying to help get the files Sent via Send/Receive
    I was following that. Seemed like he/she couldn't quite stay on path.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast