Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    @derik123derik123

Ahh, ok, so you dowloaded and installed from the pre themer site, the hot pink, via an ipk, and now this is ipk is the original set to rever back to?

I "think" I got it now..

Wish I knew about the hot pink ipk the other day when poor Chern** was trying so hard to get it loaded and I went back and forth trying to help get the files Sent via Send/Receive

But, its all good, as Abyssul said (paraphrased to some degree)
    I don't think the ipk quite existed at the time
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    I don't think the ipk quite existed at the time

It had to have existed, thats what derik123 had done, that started my confusion over it

Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    i didn't use the send/receive method. i did file>add ipk. and installed like that.

but i understand that we'll need an original theme ipk... correct?

It sure opens up various questions to my questioning mind tho.

It does seem really good to have an easy way to deliver themes to those that are not experieced enough in file management/navigation/copying. But by having a theme app, the assumption is that it would just set up the entire theme as offered. It would probably be way too invloved to have some sort of library app that offered the user total control over what images they wanted to use. Like I want the icons from x theme but the wallpaper or dial pad from y theme. But I digress, for now it would be really nice, and alot less posts from the very newbie folks, who just wanted to do some level of personalization of their PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I was following that. Seemed like he/she couldn't quite stay on path.
    Yeah, heehee it DID take a while, but you could just FEEL the joy , when she/he GOT IT huh? Thats MY personal favorite part of helping with this stuff
    You both got it right lol I guess I was thinking to hard.....do have a question..why would u need the original theme for?
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    It would probably be way too invloved to have some sort of library app that offered the user total control over what images they wanted to use. Like I want the icons from x theme but the wallpaper or dial pad from y theme.
    I don't see it as out of the question, but that's definitely REALLY involved and not likely something that'll happen anytime soon haha. The easiest way I could think of doing that on the site is to have a theme builder and you point to which themes you want to grab icons from etc.

Still a nightmare tho
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!

oh and is it easyier to do the IPK?
    Quote Originally Posted by chearn4522 View Post
    You both got it right lol I guess I was thinking to hard.....do have a question..why would u need the original theme for?
    because when you "uninstall" the theme via webos quickinstall, it doesnt actually put your phone back to "stock" - YET

oh and is it easyier to do the IPK?
    not sure I get what you mean on that one.

I can't get the default ipk to download -- anybody tried that?
    is it easier to install icons thru ipk or thru send/receive.....and is there really a need to put it back to stock?
    yes Mandy I tried and it wouldnt open...
    Well say you got tired of the HotPink and wanted it back the way it was?

The way you did it, you have no way to get the original images back on the PRE
    true that....but I dont know about any one else I think the originals were quite boring..

Diane

is it easier to install icons thru ipk or thru they way we were doing it....ur my bff here...lol
    true that....but I dont know about any one else I think the originals were quite boring..

Diane

is it easier to install icons thru ipk or thru they way we were doing it....ur my bff here...lol
    Welll.. thats a very personal thing

To install a theme via an ipk, you get the entire theme, all images and all changes made to the look and feel of the PRE.

For ME , personally, I like to have the gold icons and dial pad numbers from the Patrone theme, but my own creations for dial pad backgrounds, wall papers, and the iddy biddy icons on the top bar, like blue tooth , wifi, battery.

So I would NEVER use an ipk that had an entire theme, but for someone that does not want to, or have the experience to do selective file changes, the ipk way for now is a really good/easy option

Make sense?

btw , just for curiosity, are you male or female? So hard to tell when a screen name is so generic, and there is no avatar to give it away
    yes Diane makes very very good sense....well the last time I checked I am a mom of 3 grown children....lol my son in Austin worked for sprint for awhile and I have personally been with sprint for 7 yrs..and I love my pre. I love doing things like this that go above and beyond the norm. Thank you for all your help
    oh on my earlier post do you know how to get the root for the drive-mode-fullscreen?
    oh on my earlier post do you know how to get the root for the drive-mode-fullscreen?
    Im assuming you dont mean the root, but the directory location where the drive-mode-fullscreen.png goes?

That would be:

usr/palm/sysmgr/images/drive-mode-fullscreen.png

so you would have to have the image: drive-mode-fullscreen.png in your file to send source area

then, in the destination wouild go:

usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

then Send to Device

Are we having FUN yet? hehe
    yes u r right we are having fun...
    no I didnt meant the root...I think u new what I meant because u got the target....
    Thank you so much
    yes Mandy I tried and it wouldnt open...
    What would not open?

ARe you talking about the ipk for the original theme images?

If you are just trying to open the file, no, it wont work.

You need to install that via QuickInstall just like you would an application.
    If anyone has overwritten any of their original icons etc. You can use the files I linked which has all the originals from the pre. Check my other threads and you will see it there. Its a mediafire link
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Thanks for doing this Abyssul! My wife has your "Hot Pink" theme on her Pre now and loves it. I have "Original Blue Theme" on mine and the one thing we noticed is the Blue them also changes the MMS text bubble colors to blue and grey as well as both the message icons you get when a new message is received. Can something similar be added to your pink theme to change the text bubble colors as well?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast