1.    #1  
    In an effort to make all the great dialer wallpapers posted available in one always easy to find location, (and cuz Boatright keeps yelling at everyone to do so <which actually is a good idea > ), I have started an area in the wiki to do this.

Pre Dialer Backgrounds

Wiki is NOT an easily intuitive place to work, but I tried to get a fairly easy, universal format for everyone who is making dialer wallpaper sets, to go edit, and include their own. I have started with a few of my own, but wiki is a shared effort.

I set it up in a table format, so once you have a wiki account set up, you can go right to the section for the dial wallpapers, click on EDIT right at the top of that section, and add the following HTML table and wiki code, (copy/paste is your friend) to create a new row for your own contributions.

Start by scrolling down the code until you see this:

Code:
    <!-- next row goes here -->
    Under that, goes:

Code:
    <tr>
     <td> DianeHelen
    [[Image:nyy.jpg]]</td>
      <td>[[image:nyy-backdropphone.png]]
    [[image:nyy-Backdropphonescrollfade.png]]
    [[Image:nyy-Listsectionline.png]]</td>
    </tr>
    IMPORTANT: Your image names MUST be unique, to others already uploaded. I have used a convention of 2 or 3 characters followed by a -, then the actual familiar file name. IF you are changing these via QuickInstall, the image name does not matter, the script will convert to the correct name for the system to handle. If you are changing them manually, you do have to copy these filenames over the system file names such as Backdropphone.png

Things to change:

• DianeHelen to your own name

• nyy.jpg to the name of YOUR dialer screen capture image

• nyy-backdropphone.png to the name of YOUR backdrop image

• nyy-Backdropphonescrollfade.png to the name of YOUR scrollfade image

• nyy-Listsectionline.png to the name of YOUR list section image

When you are done, copy/paste or cut/paste the place holder, so the next person knows where to begin

<!-- next row goes here -->
    Next, SAVE the page..

Then you will be able to look at the page, and click the links you see on it, to be able to upload your actual files so the images are seen.

After each file you upload, you can click the link on the bottom of the image upload page, to go back to the page, and click the next link, to upload the next image. You should be able to upload all 4 images.

I hope this helps unify all the great images, so they dont get lost in post pages.

If you need help doing or understading this, just ask. Im still getting myself familiar with it too, but each time I ask a smart person, I get a little bit better with it !

Now, lets see all those GREAT Dialer Backgrounds you have been making!
    Last edited by dianehelen; 09/05/2009 at 11:20 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Hmmm 40 views, NO updates to the wiki and not a single post here..

Guess no one is really interested in a central location for dialer backgrounds..

Oh Well, I tried
    as soon I take thé time ti make my own image as désigner i'll post it in your wiki place. Its a promise.
    Updated My Chicago Bears Dialer Background
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    thanks DianeHelen
    This is awesome keep em coming..
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    can you make me a christian theme pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxcusic View Post
    can you make me a christian theme pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Not sure what you have in mind. Thats really not my thing, religious stuff, but if you give me an idea of what you have in mind, I can have a go at it
    Thanks Diane the themes are AWESOME!!
    Thanks for the Lakers background --- installing it now.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Thanks for taking the time to do this! It looks great. I was wondering where you can change the other stuff though like the color of the numbers or even the buttons. Can that be added or is it too difficult?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to do this! It looks great. I was wondering where you can change the other stuff though like the color of the numbers or even the buttons. Can that be added or is it too difficult?
    Umm ya, you can change about any image on the Pre,. but for now, (until someone works up an app) you need either Linux access and some knowledge on how to navigate the file system, or at least the locations of the images you want to change, and use the QuickInstall Send/Receive tool

You can see SOME of what IM talking about here:

http://forums.precentral.net/1877287-post202.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Umm ya, you can change about any image on the Pre,. but for now, (until someone works up an app) you need either Linux access and some knowledge on how to navigate the file system, or at least the locations of the images you want to change, and use the QuickInstall Send/Receive tool

You can see SOME of what IM talking about here:

http://forums.precentral.net/1877287-post202.html
    Diane,
    Thank you for your many posts on this forum to bring everything together to one location and make helpful guides. I did have one question. Is there a way I can change the Phone icon color from the dialer pad menu from that bright green to somthing more subtle?

I appreciate your help.
    Thank u! =)