Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829 LastLast
    Just to add, I'm running the latest WOSQI v3.14. It's been working great for tweaks, patches and Hombrew apps, but Themer is no longer working. And it certainly is not running like the instructions say, as someone mentioned earlier.

Is this just because webOS update is so new, or am I missing something?
    Only thing I can suggest, is maybe going back in time. Have you tried using an earlier version of WebOsQi? I think 296 was one that themes worked well in.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Only thing I can suggest, is maybe going back in time. Have you tried using an earlier version of WebOsQi? I think 296 was one that themes worked well in.
    believe it or not I did try. several versions in fact. the only one that came close gave me an error saying something along the lines of "please upgrade, code is out of date".

oh well. I'll watch and wait for a new version WOSQI that'll hopefully fix Themer.
    hmmm lets see.. Did you try to set theme to default via WebOsQi?

Sometimes some theme stuff gets sorta stuck, and by setting back to default, even if it looks like it already IS default, may help.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

hmmm lets see.. Did you try to set theme to default via WebOsQi?

Sometimes some theme stuff gets sorta stuck, and by setting back to default, even if it looks like it already IS default, may help.
    Hadn't tried that. I will try that shortly (need my phone for the rest of the day). I really appreciate the help!

I guess I should explain a little more: I stupidly applied the 1.4.5 upgrade without removing the theme first. when the phone started getting flaky, I upgraded and ran OSDr., updated to 1.4.5 again, then reapplied the tweaks and patches. all working as it should, except Themer.

If I caused the problem, I guess its my own d*** fault, but I sort of thought OSDr would reset all and my mistake would be forgotten (it did last time -yes i know, a long learning curve).
    while I was waiting for The Call I re-read some of the forums and came accross the obvious: try the PreThemer .ipk method. Having exclusively gone through Precentral and WOSQI for installing themes I had completely ignored this option.

Instructions found in the install thread for those having my problem and too shy to ask (1st post). worked like a charm. I love this theme!!
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...er-thread.html

@dianehelen thanks for the assistance
    Ignorance is bliss... but so very, very expensive!
    parts of theme mainly backgrounds in certain apps seem to be broken with latest update from sprint 1.4.5
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    1.4.5 is now had on my Pre. Reinstalled the theme and certain aspects are missing. Most noticeably gone is the slider button, it is the default light blue rather than the theme's dark blue. Is this specific to this theme or have others a similar problem?
    Im having problems once again, after 1.4.5. Its a shame that such a truly gorgeous theme is always problematic after an update.

I thought I was good, After update, I installed the theme, and it looked ok. But after further exploration , some parts were missing, so I reverted back to default theme, and tried to install this theme agian, and now Im getting errors.

Tried in WebOsQI (older version) and it too errored.

Now trying to revert back, via WebOsQi, lets see what happens now..

sad face, missing my pretty blue theme..

Edit: ok some new info??? There are 2 different feeds for this theme. The Prethemer one seems to be the most problematic, while the Precentral one seems to work, but seems to have a few things missing.

Im gonna keep the precentral feed on for now, until we hear of any new update for 1.4.5

Edit: 2 hours later.. I think Im gonna change my mind, and say that while the precentral feed seems less problematic, I now think the prethemer feed, has some problems, but can be overcome. There are still differences in what is missing from each feed, but for now, I went back in, I had to delete:

Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install
    directory manually, after doing that, it did allow me to error free, remove theme, (defaulted back to original), then error free, install the theme.

What seems to be missing from the prethemer feed is the correct color icon for the Video app, and maybe some changes, not sure if intended or not, on the memo app, but the precentral feed was missing alot of the scrims for the contacts, messaging, email, and others.

just FYI, in Preware, the prethemer feed for this theme has the blue icon, the precentral feed just has the generic box icon.

I think Im gonna opt out of the next update unless there are useable new features on it, while I mostly have fun with this, it does become a rather exhausting adventure hunt, every time an upgrade comes down the pike
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/12/2010 at 04:32 PM.

I Pre

Im having problems once again, after 1.4.5. Its a shame that such a truly gorgeous theme is always problematic after an update.

I thought I was good, After update, I installed the theme, and it looked ok. But after further exploration , some parts were missing, so I reverted back to default theme, and tried to install this theme agian, and now Im getting errors.

Edit: ok some new info??? There are 2 different feeds for this theme. The Prethemer one seems to be the most problematic, while the Precentral one seems to work, but seems to have a few things missing.

Im gonna keep the precentral feed on for now, until we hear of any new update for 1.4.5

Edit: 2 hours later.. I think Im gonna change my mind, and say that while the precentral feed seems less problematic, I now think the prethemer feed, has some problems, but can be overcome. There are still differences in what is missing from each feed, but for now, I went back in, I had to delete:

Code:
    directory manually, after doing that, it did allow me to error free, remove theme, (defaulted back to original), then error free, install the theme.

What seems to be missing from the prethemer feed is the correct color icon for the Video app, and maybe some changes, not sure if intended or not, on the memo app, but the precentral feed was missing alot of the scrims for the contacts, messaging, email, and others.

just FYI, in Preware, the prethemer feed for this theme has the blue icon, the precentral feed just has the generic box icon.

I think Im gonna opt out of the next update unless there are useable new features on it, while I mostly have fun with this, it does become a rather exhausting adventure hunt, every time an upgrade comes down the pike
    same issue with some of the scrims do you get the black background files in photos when using the feed from webosquick install ?
    No, photos seems to be ok. But I get a black background , instead of the cool corkboard/pushpins background on the memo app, and a solid blue background , instead of the "designed" one, on the video app.

I ended up NOT using the webosqi, but after several gyrations, and removing the dir as stated in my post, I used the Prethemer feed from Preware.

I Pre

No, photos seems to be ok. But I get a black background , instead of the cool corkboard/pushpins background on the memo app, and a solid blue background , instead of the "designed" one, on the video app.

I ended up NOT using the webosqi, but after several gyrations, and removing the dir as stated in my post, I used the Prethemer feed from Preware.

thats what i have ...im not getting all the backgrounds in certain things for example the app catalog has solid greyish black background i wonder if he knows about this since he hasnt logged in since the end of june..something seems up with the crim files
    Ya, that sometimes is the sad but true nature of stuff like this. Someone does a beautiful addition to a device, but nothing is really tying him down to continue supporting it.

For now I guess we'll have to live with it, unless someone else has any new thoughts.

I Pre

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity, has anyone else phone been lagging extensively? Mine has been going nuts since the update, and I am running UberKernel, so that doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think is the theme may be interfering... I will do some trials and see wot happens, but I want to know if anyone else is having this problem while this theme is equipped.
    No, my phone seems snappy and fine. I dont have Uberkernal tho, I kept the SuperPre Kernal. it worked well for me, and I was just not up for messing with something that worked, so I cant tell you if Uber is the problem or the theme. But other than my theme issue, nothing has really changed for me.

I did have a few patch issues, but they all got resolved fine.

I also screwed up something with my putty access, tried to set up my user and root access but Im getting acces denied. Its not really a big deal, cuz I can always go in via cable and muck around if I need to.

I Pre

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ^Ok then, I removed the theme and it seems to be running fine now... strange. But stranger still is the theme is removed, yet most the graphics have remained... weird, right? I check in Preware and WebOS Quick Install and they both say I am not using any themes. Any ideas why?

Update, problem resolved. Ignore this!
    Last edited by humulos; 08/15/2010 at 12:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Great Theme! Out of all the themes I have seen this was by far the best one. I did have to add the Messaging and Contacts scrim from PreWare to make them look like your screenshots, but overall an amazing job. Thank you for all of your hard work on this!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Cooooool! This reminds me of the space!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    PS: In some sense, it also looks like the ocean. Love this!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts

Code:

I just installed the theme and was going to tweak it for personal use after using the default version and I think the parts that are broken are due to the Patches included in the theme.

2slows multi scrim in the current theme build is old and half the changes fail after reviewing the files and the new 2slow patch...

Gonna try uploading a modded version to prethemer with the 1.4.5 patches and see how it works out....