Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 566
  1. #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Well I tried manually creating that directory per those instructions in the thread you linked, and it did create successfully, however the option to revert to the default theme in WebOS Quick Install is still greyed out. I guess I will need to use the webos doctor if I want to remove the theme. Does anyone have a cleaner way to remove this theme? I did not have any prior themes loaded, so I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be a better way to remove themes.
    Did you move the theme.xml file to the created directory?

    I believe the command is send file.
    You should browse to the theme.xml file and send it to
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/
    Last edited by dotterby; 04/20/2010 at 03:14 PM.
  2. #502  
    No I didn't. Where can I find that file in order to move it?
  3. #503  
    If you unzip the theme that nights provides it should be in the main directory.
  4. #504  
    That worked. It's now giving me the option to revert to the normal theme in webos quick install. I'll give it a shot when I get home and see if it uninstalls correctly. In the future, do I need to make sure that the /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/ directory exists before installing any themes via webos quick install?
  5. #505  
    I try to make sure that the directory exits, it should stay on until the phone needs to be doctored so you should be good for a while.

    Keep in mind that if the first error when installing a theme deals with the theme.xml file it is usually because the directory does not exist or the file is not transfered correctly.
  6. #506  
    Since this theme installs several patches as well to make it work properly, will those patches be removed if I uninstall via webos quick install or will I need to remove those manually through Preware?
  7. #507  
    I would recomend removing theme via WebOS QI before you remove the theme.
    Typically you want to remove a patch the same way it was installed.

    I believe the option to remove patches is under device managment, but I could be mistaken with that.
  8. #508  
    Hi,

    I'm looking for a theme I was using but can't find after a visit to the doctor.

    Did your theme used to set the launch bar so that it looked a bit 'macish' with a silver bar and make the email notification more stamp like ? Was that in an earlier version ? Was there a version where the bar icons (at bottom of default page) stayed the same ?

    Driving me mad that I can't find theme I was using and thought it may have been this one !

    Thanks for any help
  9. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    Hi,

    I'm looking for a theme I was using but can't find after a visit to the doctor.

    Did your theme used to set the launch bar so that it looked a bit 'macish' with a silver bar and make the email notification more stamp like ? Was that in an earlier version ? Was there a version where the bar icons (at bottom of default page) stayed the same ?

    Driving me mad that I can't find theme I was using and thought it may have been this one !

    Thanks for any help
    Nope, not this theme. Good luck.
  10. #510  
    Ok, thanks for the help.
  11. #511  
    Any chance of incorporating the Glass Effect Suite into this theme? The artist/author doesn't seem to mind sharing his work. In my opinion, if you combine these two themes...it's possible you might take over the world!
  12. #512  
    This is hands down my favorite theme.
    Thanks for all your hard work on this. Just awesome. If you don't have it yet go get it!
  13.    #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    Any chance of incorporating the Glass Effect Suite into this theme? The artist/author doesn't seem to mind sharing his work. In my opinion, if you combine these two themes...it's possible you might take over the world!
    That's an interesting thought, if I were to incorporate it though, I would probably start from scratch, unless he fixes up his theme. The corners on all of his windows are very jagged, and would need to be smoothed out for it to be up to my standards for my themes.
  14. #514  
    How are we looking on a battery percentage blue in top bar patch? :-)
  15. #515  
    I really love your theme nights0223, very crisp and clean. Thumbs up, way up amigo
  16. #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by nights0223 View Post
    That's an interesting thought, if I were to incorporate it though, I would probably start from scratch, unless he fixes up his theme. The corners on all of his windows are very jagged, and would need to be smoothed out for it to be up to my standards for my themes.
    Well of course...I would only expect perfection from you I have to say though, this theme is totally kick ar$e. But I feel like I'm cheating on it with the Glass Effect Suit. I'm sure I'll be back at some point when I can have both Do Work Son!
  17. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #517  
    I'm new to the Pre community but Ive already tried a few different themes. This is truly one of the most polished jobs Ive found on Preware. Awesome work. Thank you.
  18. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #518  
    I decided to come back to this theme. Yesterday, I installed via WosQI instead of Preware. Holy cow!! I can't believe it! I read that their was a lot more when installed this way, but really. Just WOW. I don't think I'm ever going to take this off of my Pre.
    Really excellent work.
  19. #519  
    hey nights...have you thought any more about incorporating glass effect suit yet?
  20.    #520  
    If I do, it probably won't be until the next major WebOS update, when I would already be working on the theme. Right now I have way too much going on in my life to keep playing around with the theme until it's absolutely needed. Sorry

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions